+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

Kirat Dhaliwal

Star Member
Dec 13, 2022
Yeah, I don't think they would reject someone without even taking a look at their documents. It is a big decision to reject so I assume at least two people looked at it.
Hi, what is your application status in GC Key now? Mine is still "Your action is required" despite I provided my biometrics way back on March 28th.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yeah, I don't think they would reject someone without even taking a look at their documents. It is a big decision to reject so I assume at least two people looked at it.
There are several IRCC systems that are doing that right now. They haven't disclosed any system for EE, but for visitor and student applications they are relying on Chinook - it is an extremely biased system that's rejecting a very high volume of applicants. I wouldn't assume that they'd look at your documents. These documents are pretty standard, any missing info would lead to rejection - this is not any different from when you go to Service Canada and don't have the original docs and they ask you to come back again.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What is even more interesting is that they are rejecting people during the strike but not approving anyone. I haven't seen anyone get a PPR during the strike. While poor @omarkh17 got rejected on April 25th o_O
We do see couple portal emails for inland applicants. No PPR/RFV for outlanders though.

I would re-emphasize though, every AOR thread should start with a list of hard rejections. We have seen at least 6-8 AOR threads now and have seen cases of rejections in most.

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
We do see couple portal emails for inland applicants. No PPR/RFV for outlanders though.

I would re-emphasize though, every AOR thread should start with a list of hard rejections. We have seen at least 6-8 AOR threads now and have seen cases of rejections in most.
You should start the May 2023 thread @iSaidGoodDay with all the relevant info :). May is just around the corner.

radicalprotnns

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
Am I the only one (AOR 3 March) whose background status in gckey did not change to NA? Is there anyone here with roughly the same AOR whose background status in gckey is still "we are processing..." ?

omarkh17

Dec 30, 2022
Ironically, I got a ghost update this morning on my cancelled application!
I raised a webform yesterday as per a recommendation from the agent on the phone.
If I got an ITA today, what shall I do? Submit the application immediately or wait for something?
Any thoughts guys?

Reactions: KTYD

nishkers

Feb 18, 2021
Ironically, I got a ghost update this morning on my cancelled application!
I raised a webform yesterday as per a recommendation from the agent on the phone.
If I got an ITA today, what shall I do? Submit the application immediately or wait for something?
Any thoughts guys?
Did the agent say if the application can be recovered? That would be amazing.

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Am I the only one (AOR 3 March) whose background status in gckey did not change to NA? Is there anyone here with roughly the same AOR whose background status in gckey is still "we are processing..." ?
AOR March 16,
GC Key _ Backgound check in progress