+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<<<<<<MARCH 2023 AOR>>>>>>>>>>

KTYD

Star Member
Apr 8, 2023
Still no update on my side. :(:(
Anyways an update on my side. Please @Daren2023 update my AOR to 2nd april.
I got the AOR mail on 1st april. But the date mentioned inside mail is 2nd april. God knows how:rolleyes:

Anyways, no update in the application yet.
ITA 29th march
AOR 2nd april
FSW- O

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Hello Guys,

Finally, I am able to access the online tracker.

It shows Biometric and Medicals are completed on 17 April 2023 for me and my wife. Background check is in process for both.
and Eligibility is not started for both.

However, GC key shows that you do not need medial exam and we will let you know. It was showing Medical passed on 17 April 2023 on GC Key before, but it changed to above on 18 April 2023 and same day I got email of status update as well.

I hope all these are going in a right direction.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: tianlu777 and KTYD

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
I have a theory.... maybe everyone's BG check got updated to in "progress" yesterday because CBSA/CSIS have a big part in the BG check and they are not on strike. So, perhaps IRCC handed over a lot of work to CBSA/CSIS yesterday so that they can work on it while IRCC is on strike o_O
Exactly that has happened, but its a batch process not manual ( handled through JObs promgrammed to run automatically)

Reactions: Daren2023

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello Guys,

Finally, I am able to access the online tracker.

It shows Biometric and Medicals are completed on 17 April 2023 for me and my wife. Background check is in process for both.
and Eligibility is not started for both.

However, GC key shows that you do not need medial exam and we will let you know. It was showing Medical passed on 17 April 2023 on GC Key before, but it changed to above on 18 April 2023 and same day I got email of status update as well.

I hope all these are going in a right direction.

Thanks for reading.
GCKey is very laggy compared to the tracker. Trust in the following order: emails that you receive from IRCC (e.g. RFV) > Tracker > GCkey

samarshi

Apr 19, 2023
Canada
Category........
PNP
in my understanding it could be.. either

1. contract/temporary employees still working as they can't strike (only permanent employees or registered in union can participate)
2. some team of employees are considered as essential employees/ranking as if.. and they are not eligible to strike.

so, they might be working and progressing on their allotment of applications.. I might be partially wrong ;)

Daren2023

Jan 20, 2023
Category........
FSW
i always think the status we see in tracker/GC account is always a day or 2 days late then actual.
I had a Ghostupdate on 18th April, on 19th I saw BG in progress and today 20th I saw Eligibility completed.
We have almost exactly timelines. Is your "Biometrics" completed too? Mine is still showing "In progress" even tho I did my fingerprints. So bizarre.

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Hello ,

My tracker shows my medical completed BGC check is started. But why is it showing eligibility not started?

I thought BGC is initiated after Eligibility is done.

GCKey says “we are processing your background check…

Can somebody help me in this?

Thank you

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello ,

My tracker shows my medical completed BGC check is started. But why is it showing eligibility not started?

Thank you
I think you got answer to this yesterday. I'll re-iterate though. There's no fixed order. And in certain cases, things like security can be done way before you even get your ITA (e.g. if a province handles security for their PNP stream).

Unless you have GCMS notes (which for the love of god makes no sense to have in March AORs), you can't say where you are. Also, GCMS notes are laggy too. By the time they are done and by the time you received it, you could've gone from BGS not started to BGS in progress/ BGS completed too. You see, it's all a giant validation hunt.

Reactions: At the start

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Hello ,

Thank you
I am assuming Eligibility stands completed already but not updated by the team who was supposed to.
When I got super lucky with IRCC customer care (viz. ONLY ONCE) & spoke to the agent, they did tell me background is last step.

But, obviously can't validate it. I am in the same boat as you and many others on this weird issue.