+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2022 - citizenship applications

mesho

Aug 21, 2019
Just another update. During the Oath Ceremony, requested the officer to see if I can get e-certificate, she said for sure and made a note to it. I got the e-certificate approximately 4 -5 hours and I could able to download it.

Virtual Oath - Vancouver

Tracker still says Citizenship Ceremony in Progress
Can this e-cert. be used for passport?

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
while this sucks for both of us, it does probably point to more of a backlog affecting a number of people rather than something specific to just one person. Sure it won’t be long!
Hi I was also in the same position as you are and I applied gcms notes first time then strike happened and I applied again on 17 May and rights after my file started moving so try to apply notes
This is from my experience

tremendous

Jun 15, 2023
Hi I was also in the same position as you are and I applied gcms notes first time then strike happened and I applied again on 17 May and rights after my file started moving so try to apply notes
sorry can you explain what “apply gcms notes” means?

Alex_co

Jun 9, 2023
Have you already gotten the notes? Were you able to see why was the delay? I applied last week, so have to wait probably a month to get them

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
of course.

You don't even need the printed copy. Even a digital copy should be fine. When I printed out the digital certificate with a 2 sided print, it didn't come out right. The service Canada person here told me that it doesn't matter at all. As long as she can locate the record in her system, it didn't matter whether I had a printout or not.

Reactions: mesho

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
yeah problem is YMMV. I've applied for GCMS, reached out to my MP, and zilch.

Jasmann21

Apr 4, 2022
Have you already gotten the notes? Were you able to see why was the delay? I applied last week, so have to wait probably a month to get them
Yes I already received it and there’s nothing different than the ones I applied earlier before the strike so for me the both the notes are the same
I am already scheduled for virtual oath on June 28 and best of luck

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Hello All,
I completed all the processes and received my passport within 2 business days.
Congrats to all who received their citizenship, and good luck to the pending ones. Otherwise, thank you for all your support and responses.

For now, I'm signing off. Cheers!!

May 26, 2023: Passport Received.
May 24, 2023: Passport Application

May 21, 2023: Oath Ceremony (in-person Mississauga) - received citizenship certificate on the same day!
May 11, 2023: Oath Invite
Apr 18, 2023: LPP Completed. Apr 20, 2023 (updated)
Nov 18, 2022: Citizenship Test Completed.
Nov 10, 2022: Citizenship Test scheduled.
Oct 27, 2022: BGV Completed
Apr 14, 2022: Application Filed,
Mar 22, 2022: AOR
how long did it take you from doing the application to receiving your passport?

jfam2016

Aug 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning all - Tracker Closed last night!
Just another update. During the Oath Ceremony, requested the officer to see if I can get e-certificate, she said for sure and made a note to it. I got the e-certificate approximately 4 -5 hours and I could able to download it.

Virtual Oath - Vancouver

Tracker still says Citizenship Ceremony in Progress
Tracker Closed June 15th.. All completed now.

Reactions: mesho

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
thank you ! I’m just glad that this ordeal is 99% over.
Have you applied for your passport?
I have, based on my travel dates of 27th June, IRCC person decided that my family will receive our passports on the 26th of June. So that if something goes wrong, we won't get the passports on time :p