Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Great thank you!

Do you have any recommendations, or can point to any resources, for what she should include in the restoration for the best chance of it getting accepted?
Not really. But if you are applying/have applied In Canada class, then that could be a good reason to ask for an extension, that she wants to maintain legal status during the processing time for the PR application. (And you would attach proof of PR payment receipts). She should also show ties to her home country, ad intent/plans to return to home country if the application is not successful. And of course proof of funds. Since she applied for extensions before it will be pretty much the same, except this time she has dual intent (common-law sponsorship application - for PR)

Reactions: yellowhoney

babyfaced4real

Jun 16, 2018
Hello everyone. My partner and I intend to apply as common law but she still hasn’t fully divorced her previous partner. We are confused and don’t know what to do. Any help would really be appreciated

bian07

May 19, 2017
Hello everyone. My partner and I intend to apply as common law but she still hasn’t fully divorced her previous partner. We are confused and don’t know what to do. Any help would really be appreciated
I think the divorce needs to be finalized, you need to provide proof that the marriage has been ended

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I think the divorce needs to be finalized, you need to provide proof that the marriage has been ended
If they are applying common-law then divorce doesn't need to be finalized. But they have to be officially separated, and have proof of this

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
If she has been officially separated and has proof of separation it enough.

You should also have proof that you have been living together for 12 consecutive months

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=346&top=14

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=347&top=14

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Great thank you!

Do you have any recommendations, or can point to any resources, for what she should include in the restoration for the best chance of it getting accepted?
Wow that's really upsetting news to get. did you order gcms notes to see the reason of refusal?

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Also has anyone in this forum received aor yet?

saladdd

Jun 16, 2020
I've applied for the inland sponsorship including the open work permit in March. Initially, we expect to receive the open work permit in June/July so that I can stay here but everything is delayed now.
My visitor status will be expired in late August, should I apply for the visitor record in order to extend my stay as a visitor?
If yes, even if I apply it today, I may not be able to receive the visitor record as the processing time is 134days. Will the waiting period after late-Aug be treated as an illegal stay?
If I leave Canada now, I cannot come back and proceed with my inland sponsorship application because of the travel restriction to non-Canadian so I cannot leave Canada when my visitor status expired.

Suppose I ask these questions using web form but I didn't receive any applicant number yet. I can't submit my questions without the UCI/applicant number. How can I ask questions?!!!!

Reactions: Raf4el Barboza

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I've applied for the inland sponsorship including the open work permit in March. Initially, we expect to receive the open work permit in June/July so that I can stay here but everything is delayed now.
My visitor status will be expired in late August, should I apply for the visitor record in order to extend my stay as a visitor?
If yes, even if I apply it today, I may not be able to receive the visitor record as the processing time is 134days. Will the waiting period after late-Aug be treated as an illegal stay?
If I leave Canada now, I cannot come back and proceed with my inland sponsorship application because of the travel restriction to non-Canadian so I cannot leave Canada when my visitor status expired.

Suppose I ask these questions using web form but I didn't receive any applicant number yet. I can't submit my questions without the UCI/applicant number. How can I ask questions?!!!!
Hi, you should always try to maintain legal status while in Canada. Anyways, you are under implied status from submitting your open work permit application if you’ve received an acknowledgement of receipt from IRCC. If you haven’t then you absolutely need to apply to extend your status as a visitor during this time, and write in your letter of explanation that you are waiting for your app to start being processed but there are covid 19 related delays with Case processing centres. Obviously they know this, but wouldn’t hurt to mention..

Reactions: Raf4el Barboza
Jun 15, 2020
Hi, you should always try to maintain legal status while in Canada. Anyways, you are under implied status from submitting your open work permit application if you’ve received an acknowledgement of receipt from IRCC. If you haven’t then you absolutely need to apply to extend your status as a visitor during this time, and write in your letter of explanation that you are waiting for your app to start being processed but there are covid 19 related delays with Case processing centres. Obviously they know this, but wouldn’t hurt to mention..
the same to me, i am still waiting my AOR and my visitor status finishes at 23th july, so i have to send my app before 23 june, right?

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
If you have applied for OWP and no decision has been finalized on it, you get an implied status. However, if they were to reject your OWP you would be required to leave the country immediately.

Canausa90

Jan 6, 2020
Vancouver, BC
I was under the impression implied status was granted from when an application has been received by IRCC. Not necessarily with AOR.

Can someone clarify ?

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
If you have applied for OWP and no decision has been finalized on it, you get an implied status. However, if they were to reject your OWP you would be required to leave the country immediately.
They need AOR first.