+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
It concerns me that your passport application was urgent and it still took almost a week for you to get your passport o_O
I was hoping to be able to make a trip on Jan 8, but now I'm not so sure....
It’s because I submitted the application on a Friday, ideally it took 4 biz days.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi, I am March 2020 Ottawa Applicant as well, What do you mean by Application's current Status after contacting MP? Anything different than what we see in Application Tracker saying "In Progress"/Background Verification Completed?
Hey, nothing much different. Contacting the MP might tell you which office the handling the application and what the next step will be in processing the file.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hi all, I just checked the mail, and I finally received my certificate of citizenship! It took 3 weeks and a day, despite my requests to have it expedited. Oh well. Now to see if I can manage to get a passport by Friday so I can make my flight this time.

My best wishes to those of you still waiting. The end is near!
Heyyy congrats you made it!!! Did you get your passport on time? Which office did you go to?

smgn

Dec 7, 2017
Calgary
Any Edmonton or Calgary March 2020 applicants still waiting. It's almost 2 years and we are still in process. I had reached out to my MP to help track my family's application and the response was practically the same as what i see on the tracker which was indeed not encouraging. It was mentioned by my MP that they are just too many people waiting for a decision to be made after testing has been completed. Hopefully Edmonton can move very soo! In addition, the status mentioned immigration verification hasn't been initiated for my spouse and I but is in process for my daughter, does anyone know what this stage entails?
I got a DM on Dec 16th, now waiting for the auth in Calgary.

gurltwenty

Feb 4, 2016
Any Edmonton or Calgary March 2020 applicants still waiting. It's almost 2 years and we are still in process. I had reached out to my MP to help track my family's application and the response was practically the same as what i see on the tracker which was indeed not encouraging. It was mentioned by my MP that they are just too many people waiting for a decision to be made after testing has been completed. Hopefully Edmonton can move very soo! In addition, the status mentioned immigration verification hasn't been initiated for my spouse and I but is in process for my daughter, does anyone know what this stage entails?
Calgary applicant here. No update since passing the exam on Jun. 28, 2021. It's unfair that they don't process applications by date received. My PR card will expire next month so I guess I have no choice but to spend $ for a renewal.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary applicant here. No update since passing the exam on Jun. 28, 2021. It's unfair that they don't process applications by date received. My PR card will expire next month so I guess I have no choice but to spend $ for a renewal.
thats what they want -$$$

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
But even a renewal of PR can take up to 6months I believe. It's just a whole waiting game indeed.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
tracker is showing

Waiting on You
Fingerprints required
Background verification

And still not have received any email or letter, do you guys have idea how long it will take to get letter ?
And my 2nd question is do I have any option to do the fingerprints in USA or I should have to return back ?

Danny_T

Nov 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My tracker is updated as Citizenship Ceremony is in Progress as my Oath is scheduled for Feb 02, 2022. I am based out of Calgary, and hope others will get it soon. Admin, could you please update my information on the spreadsheet?

Reactions: lgvk and mrbreizh
Jan 11, 2022
Hi there,
Admin can you please add me to the march 2020 tab:

Single Application
Physical days - 1862

Application sent march 1 2020

Application received - March 18 2020

Application filed September 9 2020

Background Verification Complete - May 12, 2021

Fingerprints request July 2021

Test invitation- October 12 2021

Test Done - November 5 2021

Other Things Completed - December 15 2021

ECAS Showing - Decision Made

thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: PEQ2013

jack_is_jack

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Got invitation to the interview... anyone else had been interviewed? What do they usually ask about?

Dr Dree

Jan 12, 2022
Calgary File location. Applied March 18,2020 . Test was done late July. Everything showed complete Nov 4,2021 except Oath but old tracker was still showing in progress. Got a ghost update Jan 5, 2022 and old tracker showing Decision made but nothing on oath yet. Nothing has changed since the ghost update I saw on Jan 5th. Only heaven knows what's going on. Never seen a process this slow.