+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

AnnTaylor

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hi, I mailed mine on Feb.27 and received on Mar.3, I'm in Montreal, single application. Then until now no further update yet... :(
---
I called CIC at the beginning of Oct., they said they're processing Jan. applications
Hi can you share the number you called? I really need to talk to someone because I m March 4 receive 7 months now technically they can not use covid they are issuing june. At this point I am loosing my patience. I know after AOR is other wait time.. even people reviewing PR is wait time. Totally rubbish

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Hi can you share the number you called? I really need to talk to someone because I m March 4 receive 7 months now technically they can not use covid they are issuing june. At this point I am loosing my patience. I know after AOR is other wait time.. even people reviewing PR is wait time. Totally rubbish
Call center will have the same January processing story and its a total waste of time to wait in the line to hear the script. The best thing to do is to wait in my opinion.

Reactions: AnnTaylor

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys, Would AOR include all the names of the family members on the receipt? I mean does it include the names of the applicants also or just a receipt of the application.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Guys, Would AOR include all the names of the family members on the receipt? I mean does it include the names of the applicants also or just a receipt of the application.
Yes name in the separate email for each applicant with receipt/file number

VictorCA

Oct 28, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-Nov-2015
Doc's Request.
09-Mar-2016
AOR Received.
25-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
08-May-2016
Passport Req..
26-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-Nov-2016
LANDED..........
January 14, 2017. Praise God!
Hi,

I had a doubt that I missed something to fill in my wife's application (Q.11 -5years history -up to four years only). I am not sure whether they returned the application as the address was an old one on the file.

If they return the application, will it be in the system? If my wife calls Agent, will they able to tell whether it is returned?
Thanks for the support,
Sorry, but returned applications won't show up in their system at all. And if you call, they won't be able to tell you if it was returned. Your best bet is to give it until December. If you don't receive AOR, you might want to apply again, as your application may have been returned without your knowledge.

Reactions: nathaniel_d

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
I just received mail from CRA regarding cancellation of certain tax benefits because I moved to a different province last year. Looks like COVID isn't a problem for Federal Employees for issuing such correspondence, but somehow working on AORs is too risky.
Lol, working on AORs "in an orderly and sane fashion" is the most difficult job on the planet as it requires "thinking", a capacity that they lack!

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Today received response from Ircc about the Aor: “
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

If you sent it by traceable means, you may contact the mail service provider you used in order to make sure that it was received by the processing office.

Your application will be processed according to the date it was received.”

Clearly they provide false information as they don’t process based on date application received. As long as they accept new applications and processing newer applicant we don’t know how long it will take to get AoR. We should find out why they are skipping some applications. It shouldn’t be an accident!

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Sorry, but returned applications won't show up in their system at all. And if you call, they won't be able to tell you if it was returned. Your best bet is to give it until December. If you don't receive AOR, you might want to apply again, as your application may have been returned without your knowledge.
Thank you. My wife called CIC they said, application will be returned to the address which is indicated in the Citizenship application. Not old address. I am not sure if this is true. So far they could not able to trace information from the system whether it is returned or not

desertrose416

Star Member
May 20, 2020
I just received mail from CRA regarding cancellation of certain tax benefits because I moved to a different province last year. Looks like COVID isn't a problem for Federal Employees for issuing such correspondence, but somehow working on AORs is too risky.
I laughed at this. True.