March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

LeeMan2007

Aug 23, 2016
Hi all,

A bit overview of my app status:

March 2020 applied
Sep 2020 AOR
Jan 2021 Background Check Completed

Since Jan 2021 I haven't received no updates, Is there anything I can do here besides waiting? Moreover, my PR Card will expire in Mar 2022, I don't want to apply for a renewal.
I was in same boat.
Please request for gcms notes in cic website with 5 cad charge.
If ur pr is abt to expire please renew it.
I did this last month nd got citizenship test immediately after 2 days.
Not sure wat happened but just telling u my experience.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hey everyone. Just to give my Mississauga applicants/friends some hope, I am a March 2020 applicant and I got an Oath Invite for November 13.

After the oath, I am planning a trip to the US. Is it possible that my friend mails/courier me the certificate and then I apply for a passport in the US? Thank you.
Congrats!
Thought Mississauga office had been sleeping for so long, and it still is! Can’t really understand how these CIC guys sre processing our files- I started as a March applicant, but then ended up in August 2020. Took and passed the test on June 15 and since then nothing at all regarding the oath invite. Losing patience, don’t know what to do !
Best of luck to all.

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
18-02-2016
Test completed Aug 21, Scarborough office requested passport photocopy sometime in September. Status changed to Decision Made on Oct 26.

Oath is scheduled for Nov 26 (as per the new citizenship application tracker) but not received the email yet.

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Test completed Aug 21, Scarborough office requested passport photocopy sometime in September. Status changed to Decision Made on Oct 26.

Oath is scheduled for Nov 26 (as per the new citizenship application tracker) but not received the email yet.
Congrats Dear. I have couple of questions to Ask ;-
1. What is your time line ?
2. Did they ask you submit passport copies by mail or email ?

TheEyeMan

Aug 7, 2021
My wife, myself and our 6 year old daughter are scheduled for oath ceremony on November 23rd. Does my daughter have to be present at the online ceremony or can she be absent? Do we need to have her PR, IDs, confirmation of landing etc..? Thanks

tusharpurohit03

Jun 17, 2018
Hello,
My oath is scheduled for tomorrow, I got an email and they are asking to keep seat number with me. Apparently, that should be in the letter that we get. However, there is no number given on the letter, right next to seat number it says #

Anyone having same issue?

viperD

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
01-11-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello,
My oath is scheduled for tomorrow, I got an email and they are asking to keep seat number with me. Apparently, that should be in the letter that we get. However, there is no number given on the letter, right next to seat number it says #

Anyone having same issue?
They will give you a seat number once you join the meeting. It is irrelevant to be honest in a virtual ceremony and I did not use it anywhere and they also never mention it. So just ignore. Even on the form to sign, where it says seat number you can leave it blank.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
My wife, myself and our 6 year old daughter are scheduled for oath ceremony on November 23rd. Does my daughter have to be present at the online ceremony or can she be absent? Do we need to have her PR, IDs, confirmation of landing etc..? Thanks
No she dont need to, but you might be asked to cut her PR card into pieces.

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Don't worry. You will receive the email. Mine was 2nd Nov and I received email on 23rd Oct. So soon you will receiving too. From documents perspective you will need,
1. The Oath form that you will receive in an oath invitation Email.
2. Two identification documents like PR Card, DL, Health Card.
3. Your PR card (even if it's expired) which Officer will ask to cut you in 4 pieces in front of him/her.

Hope this will make you bit calm. I know it's very difficult though :p. I went through the same :)
Thanks man, appreciate it. I don't have a DL yet. I have a health card, but it's been expired for a few months. Is that fine?

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
You just need to show your PR card and read out the number at the back of the PR card and then cut the card into pieces and show them one piece of Govt issued ID which has your Photo & Name on it, such as DL or ID card.

You will receive an email as you get close to November 16, probably next week, if you dont get by Nov 12 just give them a call.
Thank you! I have a health card, but it's been expired a few months. Is that okay to present?

deepax

Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 05-04-2016 SA:02-05-2016
File Transfer...