+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

masterofpupp

Dec 20, 2016
Test completed successfully yesterday, May 26th. 20/20.. honestly studied way too hard for it with plenty of practice tests. Most of the questions were pretty much general knowledge and one would know them if they have spent enough time in Canada.

I guess now the only step remaining is just the oath taking. Hopefully it happens soon, I have essential travel coming up to the States by the end of July. Don't want to go through the hassle of applying for visitor visas, would love to make the trip on my shiny new Canadian passport.
Getting your citizenship certificate takes about one month and then the passport would take time too. So July end would be unlikely even if the oath happens this month.

Reactions: A.Syed1

RamanS100

Apr 12, 2021
Got my test invite to take the test from may 31 until June 20, however, i am currently in India and due to travel ban cant travel back to Canada until the ban is lifted. wondering what my options are right now. i have been told contact CIC to reschedule my test date, wondering if someone is going thru same and how long will they take to send me further date.. or if they are any methods to travel back to Canada from India before June 20.. please help.. Thanks,

xlnc7

Dec 10, 2015
NOC Code......
A-1122
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
17-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
Gave citizenship test on 25th. Updated on portal that it is completed on 28th morning

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2020 - Citizenship Application
Anyone have an idea as to how long the wait for an interview is after the test?
Same with you, done with our test for a month now and no interview invite yet.

Someone told me that it depends upon the officer if you will have an interview or not.

I am seeing some trend 2/3 weeks when they receive the interview request.

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020

Someone told me that it depends upon the officer if you will have an interview or not.

It isn't necessary that there will be an interview after the test. It depends on the file complexity. In most cases they send out Oath Invite after the test and skip the interview step.

Reactions: AmericanCanadian007

LanaOng

Jun 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sept. 14, 2020 - Citizenship Application
It isn't necessary that there will be an interview after the test. It depends on the file complexity. In most cases they send out Oath Invite after the test and skip the interview step.
Appreciated your inputs here. :)

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Thank you!

Oh great, more waiting, like we didn't wait enough!

desertrose416

Star Member
May 20, 2020
Test completed successfully yesterday, May 26th. 20/20.. honestly studied way too hard for it with plenty of practice tests. Most of the questions were pretty much general knowledge and one would know them if they have spent enough time in Canada.

I guess now the only step remaining is just the oath taking. Hopefully it happens soon, I have essential travel coming up to the States by the end of July. Don't want to go through the hassle of applying for visitor visas, would love to make the trip on my shiny new Canadian passport.
Hi Syed - it is possible. I have a family member who got her passport within 2 weeks non-expedited. if you have your tickets and have already passed the oath process, you can get it the same day (pay more, plus evidence of travel required). All the best, mabrouk!

Reactions: A.Syed1