+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*******MARCH 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SLONSORSHIP*****

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
In ecas my address keeps changing from an address I lived at when I was teenager then to my current address each time I log in... I definitely feel you on cic’s lack of organization & communication ... but what we cant control we hv to keep praying about. Things are going to work in are favor and we will hv our loved ones by our sides sooner than we can even imagine
I totally agree, the lack of transparency makes the whole process really quite frustrating. Thankfully we've got this forum so we can keep track on other people's progress and get support from collective experience! Really hoping everything goes smoothly for all of us.

aarchitj

Star Member
Apr 16, 2017
Hello Everyone, I just want to share my experience so far:
Sent original application to Sydney on July 11th 2108
Received and signed on July 16th 2108
After that ,we waited for months and months and never got anything so I decided to write them through the webform back in December, they replied telling me they had returned the application in November 5th 2018, and since they use normal post there's no way to track it down.Here the fun starts. My husband had a P.O BOX but he closed because he left BC and he came to see me in Colombia so we called Canada Post and explain the situation to what they respond that if they don't find the address, all packages are returned to sender so we called again immigration and they said they didn't have it and there was no way of tracking it so we needed to send a whole new application. We started putting everything together again and my husband was going to take the package with him to Canada. Before he traveled we decided to call Immigration again and oh surprise they had the package with them! Apparently the package was sent back and forth 3 times! So the agent told us she was going to check our case and 3 days later I got an email asking for additional document. So after all that stress my timeline is as follows:

Application received ( they decided not to return it again and apply the last date they received the same package) : March 7th
Additional documents request: April 5th
Biometric Fees Request: April 9th

I send the receipt through webform on April 16th and got and email from immigration last Thursday telling me that my information didn't match the one they had so I had to send it again. I hope they receive and send the document in time to the Intake office since I have a 30 day deadline from the moment they send me the request, meaning I need Sydney office to get that receipt by May 9th. Fingers crossed.
Also, We haven't received the SA yet but my husband called immigration office a few days ago and they told him that he has been accepted as a sponsor and that we should be getting the letter soon. I'm waiting impatiently for that letter.
Thanks for reading!
This is just unbelievable ! Good to know that they accepted your application. All the best !! !

Reactions: d_ragu

Janeth7789

Jul 30, 2017
Nicaragua
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
3/7/2019
AOR Received.
4/5/2019
I have a question, my spouse did his Biometrics on Friday 4/26, we checked GC KEY this morning and it says completed.

Just want to be sure that's all that needs to be done, I noticed people say "Passed". Will the status change to "Passed" or is "completed" the same thing?

Jarvis99

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I got one for sponsor's who submitted a representative form for the PA.

I was wondering if I submit the representative form do we still get updates on the PA's gckey? We've already linked our application. I wanted to get information from IRCC's contact line but as I don't have representative status they didn't provide me much information.

Thanks in advance.

Kittybd4

Apr 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I'm new to this but I am trying to clue up an application for my Wife in Russia. I have three short questions if anyway knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated.

1. For proof of travel, I have some boarding passes, but most of my boarding passed were electronic (and I would just have them in my apple wallet on my iPhone). Is it fine to try and find these and take screen shots, or can I just print off the typical email that airlines send you.

2. My wife has given me documents that are translated and sealed/stamped with a sticker. I would really like to undo it so I can scan all of the evidence I am going to submit, in the event that anything goes wrong and I need to appeal it and just so I have everything in order in a PDF.

3. Lastly, I know that the processing time is 12 months. Is this a minimum or can it be processed before this time.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Hi!
I am surprised you wanna undo the documents. It's a sticker and a seal from a notary public and certification office. The moment you will undo them they will not be legal anymore. It's a wrong place to ask questions regarding country specific documents here on the forum. As someone supported you on the idea to undo them, and that person has no information in that subject as well.
In general if you get seals on official documents you can not undo them, no matter what country they are from.
Hope it's not too late)

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Hey guys,

I'm new to this but I am trying to clue up an application for my Wife in Russia. I have three short questions if anyway knows the answer it would be greatly appreciated.

1. For proof of travel, I have some boarding passes, but most of my boarding passed were electronic (and I would just have them in my apple wallet on my iPhone). Is it fine to try and find these and take screen shots, or can I just print off the typical email that airlines send you.

2. My wife has given me documents that are translated and sealed/stamped with a sticker. I would really like to undo it so I can scan all of the evidence I am going to submit, in the event that anything goes wrong and I need to appeal it and just so I have everything in order in a PDF.

3. Lastly, I know that the processing time is 12 months. Is this a minimum or can it be processed before this time.

Thanks!
Hi there!
I am a Russian sponsored by a Canadian husband :) Nice to meet someone in the same situation as me! When I scanned all my translated and notarised paperwork with seals, I simply folded the papers as normal and scanned them that way. Photocopied them the same way in the past and normally photocopies of visibly folded pages are accepted (if the organisation even accepts photocopies or scans). But yes, I would not undo them because then there is no proof that you haven't meddled with the documents.

Reactions: svilli

glen1990

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
They gotta talk about what happened in Game of Thrones first before they work on any applications ;)
hahaha yes I love this. Non of my co-workers watch it but I would too if I had someone to talk about it with.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
They gotta talk about what happened in Game of Thrones first before they work on any applications ;)
Hey, as long as there are no spoilers in today's AORs and responses from them lol

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Guys, my information is not in the tracker because I couldn't update on my phone. Sorry. I received a letter today saying our application has been moved to the Visa Office. I thought that was fast! We haven't even received medical or biometrics request yet.

d_ragu

Apr 10, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia -Mexico
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
File Transfer...
??-10-2019
Med's Request
02-05-2019
Med's Done....
13-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2020
LANDED..........
25-02-2020
Hey guys,

Thanks!
For your questions ..

1. it’s better to screen shot and print out the boarding passes. Thts what my representative told me to do or even give in copies of original paper boarding passes if available.

3. Yes they say 12 months but things can move a lot faster. I had a family member who got thru this process In 5 months she was sponsoring from Trinidad. It all depends on ur case. If it was to go over the 12 months ... You go to your MP and let them know ur situation .. my friend from Venezuela said his went over 12 mths....so he contacted his MP for the area he lived in; CIC looked in to it and got it done right away.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
I haven’t got anything today :mad:

d_ragu

Apr 10, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia -Mexico
App. Filed.......
11-03-2019
AOR Received.
10-04-2019
File Transfer...
??-10-2019
Med's Request
02-05-2019
Med's Done....
13-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2020
LANDED..........
25-02-2020
I haven’t got anything today :mad:
Nothing just yet for me. It’s coming but I definitely feel the red face. Waiting patiently only by the grace of God.