+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****MARCH 2019 INLAND SPONSORSHIP****

Kolinsteroy

Apr 27, 2019
Hi all,

Received aor yesterday for March 8th application. Linked online with PA's details.

Still shows "submitted". Anyone know how long it takes to change to "ECAS Processing" for work permit?

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Quick Question - I have applied for extended stay to my wife, after few days they have asked for a medical examination to be done in 30 days. But I have got an email this morning that the application is approved. Do I still need to undergo medical tests or I can ignore since the application is already approved ?
Yes, she has to go for a medical test; otherwise, CIC would cancel the visa.

Kolinsteroy

Apr 27, 2019
Hi all,

Received aor yesterday for March 8th application. Linked online with PA's details.

Still shows "submitted". Anyone know how long it takes to change to "ECAS Processing" for work permit?
Sorry, let me re-phrase my question.
On ECAS, I only the the PR application and not the work permit application. Is this OK?

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
Just to be clear, the OWP comes up as "Online Application" when you link it, correct?

I just linked what I think it is since I put in my own (principal applicant) UCI and info when linking, but I'm getting Online Application as the name of the app. Also getting that they received it on March 4 instead of the date they actually got my app, which I read is a pretty common glitch

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Just to be clear, the OWP comes up as "Online Application" when you link it, correct?

I just linked what I think it is since I put in my own (principal applicant) UCI and info when linking, but I'm getting Online Application as the name of the app. Also getting that they received it on March 4 instead of the date they actually got my app, which I read is a pretty common glitch
Yes, both are normal :)

Reactions: SoulBrotha

amanjot87

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Kelowna, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
06-11-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Med's Request
02-03-18
Med's Done....
08-03-18
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
It's very rare and uncommon to be able to link prior to AOR.
I was able to link it also I can check status over the phone without X. I use to call 888 242 2100 option 1>1>2>3 and last 9 digits. :)

amanjot87

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Kelowna, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
06-11-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Med's Request
02-03-18
Med's Done....
08-03-18
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
New question,
How can we track the OWP or Link to an online account?

Thanks in advance

amanjot87

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Kelowna, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
06-11-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Med's Request
02-03-18
Med's Done....
08-03-18
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
Quick Question - I have applied for extended stay to my wife, after few days they have asked for a medical examination to be done in 30 days. But I have got an email this morning that the application is approved. Do I still need to undergo medical tests or I can ignore since the application is already approved ?
Yes, you have too. I did the same for my parents and every time we drive down to US and when we come back they ask for proof of medical exam. Its not only once it is every time so now I keep the printed sheet with me. Thanks

jumpycalm

Apr 29, 2019
Mississauga
Upon checking our application, we found that we paid only $100 for the OWP, when I check the forum, people who paid only $100 got their application returned. It was extremely confusing when we make the payment, we thought we just need to pay one of the fees under work permit section, since my wife's work permit is open work permit, so we chose: "Open work permit holder". Any one in the forum has any idea on what should we do? To resubmit the work permit application, we need approved in principle which takes couple months, after submitting the application, there's another at least 4 months to get the work permit, which means the fastest time we can get the work permit is another year?

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hii everyone,
I got AOR on April 26, and today i was able to link my application to my CIC account. Can anyone please tell me how can i link my OWP now? What details should I put? And what will be my application number for OWP????

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Upon checking our application, we found that we paid only $100 for the OWP, when I check the forum, people who paid only $100 got their application returned. It was extremely confusing when we make the payment, we thought we just need to pay one of the fees under work permit section, since my wife's work permit is open work permit, so we chose: "Open work permit holder". Any one in the forum has any idea on what should we do? To resubmit the work permit application, we need approved in principle which takes couple months, after submitting the application, there's another at least 4 months to get the work permit, which means the fastest time we can get the work permit is another year?
Yes, that’s correct.
Have you received AoR? If you did, you could only apply for an OWP after your application is approved in principle. Otherwise, you can try to pay it now and deliver you receipt and an explanation letter to the OWP processing centre.

tbt7788

Jan 21, 2019
Hello Guys,

I hope someone can help

I got my WP and I would like to know what are the chances to get a temporary visa on my passport to allow me to re-enter the country. I mean, if I send an application explaining the reason for the trip that I will do with my husband (sponsor), could I get it? Requesting that type of visa could affect my PR application? Have you heard someone with a similar case? My country is not in the exception list ETA, so I need a visa.

Thank you in advance

airsheridan

Nov 27, 2018
Hi all, I was able to link my application today (received March 19th). I have not received the AOR yet but expect it to follow soon.

I have not been able to link the OWP yet. Can I link this on the same account as the sponsorship application (It's on mine, the sponsor)? What is best to use to link it? The PA's UCI?

Last edited: