+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I called them today , I wasn't bale to reach to any agent.
Its been close to 6 months and I have received no update at all. still in IP1.... i dont know why... I am a little skeptical about ordering GCMS notes because I read two posts in January AOR, of two people negatively impacted by the notes... how can people with AORs in June and July get their PPRs? It is so unfair! I have called CIC thrice.... and i get the same answer... It is so frustrating... because I am not able to get any answers regarding my application.
How did you reach out to an agent? I tried to call them a couple of times, no luck,

sebzecan

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
+1 I saw a few mentioning that the CIC agent mentioned about a delay caused due to ordering GCMS. I past 6 months AOR, never ordered GCMS as it is not going to fix anything. Its a weird new trend that most applications are in IP1 for many months, like no one has bothered to pay any attention. Also as per immitracker, my application is currently the longest waiting one for the given criteria 'nationality is India, residing at US'. I reached out to the pending ones and all have received their PPR and failed to update the tracker.

One of the worst wait times I have had, right from IELTS to the medical examination nothing was transparent and so is this PR process. Very disappointed. :(
It's been 5 months that I submitted my file and I have never ordered GCMS as you said, it is not going to change anything but isn't it unfair that our applications have been delayed as well.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I really fail to understand why so many people are nagging and complaining or about what exactly. The law is clear, it takes 6 months to process an application for permanent residence, the 6 months start from the moment an application has been considered complete. Unfair ? What exactly is unfair ? It's unfair when you are discriminated against and when someone else is getting preferential treatment over you. Each case is different and is assessed individually on its own merits. Different applications have difference circumstances, processing an application of someone who's never been outside of their country and worked only one job is NOT the same as processing an application of someone who's claimed points from 4 jobs and has travelled to many countries or to suspicious countries. There's a procedure that needs to be followed and IRCC as well as the other agencies have to do their job prior to vetting someone and giving them PR status. Appreciate the fact that you can immigrate to Canada THIS easy, that it ONLY takes 6 months and not years opposed to how it had been in the past.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Of course I'm not telling anyone they don't have the right to think what they want and say what they want but instead of unwarranted worrying, it's better to think where you're gonna live, where you're gonna work and how you'll be setting up your life in a new country.

Reactions: Rubi111

primukh26

Star Member
Jun 27, 2018
The normal processing time is 6 months... but there are people from Jan and Feb who are still waiting... that's more than 6 months.. If CIC says its going to be 6 months and we will get it then no complaining and nagging... I just feel that we are at no advantage that we applied in the earlier part of the year... it does NOT ONLY take 6 months... no one knows how long it will take.... if you are lucky you get it in 1 month.... if you arent you keep waiting and waiting and waiting...

Reactions: sebzecan

BP239

Jun 7, 2018
Just called IRCC as my aor is 6 months exactly today.. she said eligibility still under review and half the background check has been completed. They don't need any documents right now and she said I have nothing to worry about.

Will eligibility be passed once background check is completed?

I am applying CEC Inland

Jul 17, 2018
Just called IRCC as my aor is 6 months exactly today.. she said eligibility still under review and half the background check has been completed. They don't need any documents right now and she said I have nothing to worry about.

Will eligibility be passed once background check is completed?

I am applying CEC Inland
Exactly same reply they told me as well
Category: CEC Inland
AOR: 14th March

Walesby

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Exactly 6 months today...Believe me this wait is much worse than ITA wait....I have bn in IP2 since 9th Of August...I don't even know my VO. Ordered Gcms note, almost 2 month now, haven't received....IRCC, I hail You ooooo....Well done...You just keep testing my patience...ok ooo

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Okay
So I am fedup with this CIC waiting game. Six months has passed, everything clear except security.Talked to the agent recently and was told that I have to wait for indefinite period of time until a decision is made. Looks like this Express entry crap is not express at all.
Is anyone here in the same situation. waiting for PPR?

Walesby

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Okay
So I am fedup with this CIC waiting game. Six months has passed, everything clear except security.Talked to the agent recently and was told that I have to wait for indefinite period of time until a decision is made. Looks like this Express entry crap is not express at all.
I got a mail from " Canada Visa forum" of your reply....I almost had my heart in my mouth thinking it was from IRCC or some Canadian agency with respect to my application only to realise it was a reply from this forum that came as a mail..My God, I don't wanna develop a High Blood pressure or become Hypertensive coz of IRCC....This Wait, can it be over please

DBOR

Star Member
May 23, 2017
What is the difference between IP1 and IP2? Or in other words (how do I know in which of them I am)?

Chris78

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Okay
It is a shared feeling. I completed the 6 months on September 2 and still in IP1, with Eligibility recommended pass since April 11, and Criminality and security not started.