+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

NSA82

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I meant your story inspired alot haha. I stuck in IP2 for 22 days now.
Well I think then it’s time to talk to CIC. Also, I requested them in CSE to provide the letter to me through an alternate means such as a message in MyCiC account, just in case the email dosnt come again. And they did that. I got an email and a separate message in my account with the letter. So you may wanna check with them if they can do that in your case as well.

Zorawar28

Apr 20, 2018
Hey congratulations, so happy for u. I told u that u'll get PPR soon.Ur application got updated to ip2 2 days earlier than me. And see what happened, u almost missed the PPR. But all's well that ends well. Best of luck for ur future endeavours in Canada..
Received the PPR email this morning. The stangest think happened to me. My application went into IP2 on 15th May and I got nothing till 22nd. Anxious I called CIC and they informed me that the PPR email was sent to me the very next day, 16th May. For some reason, it never got delivered to me. I have been checking all my folders but it wasn’t there. I then requested the agent to log a request for resending the email and also sent a CSE. That’s how I got it. So people stuck at IP2 for a while who shouldn’t have any issues with security and criminality check must contact CIC via call or CSE to check application status. You never know what’s going on in the background. All the best to all waiting for the PR to come through.

Jibike

Oct 16, 2015
Received the PPR email this morning. The stangest think happened to me. My application went into IP2 on 15th May and I got nothing till 22nd. Anxious I called CIC and they informed me that the PPR email was sent to me the very next day, 16th May. For some reason, it never got delivered to me. I have been checking all my folders but it wasn’t there. I then requested the agent to log a request for resending the email and also sent a CSE. That’s how I got it. So people stuck at IP2 for a while who shouldn’t have any issues with security and criminality check must contact CIC via call or CSE to check application status. You never know what’s going on in the background. All the best to all waiting for the PR to come through.
Thanks for info. Please what is CSE. And how do we go about it?

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Well I think then it’s time to talk to CIC. Also, I requested them in CSE to provide the letter to me through an alternate means such as a message in MyCiC account, just in case the email dosnt come again. And they did that. I got an email and a separate message in my account with the letter. So you may wanna check with them if they can do that in your case as well.
I wouldn't agree with this entirely
I mean, it's weird that you were supposed to get PPR message and didn't so it's really lucky you spoke to CIC

Having said this, we need to admit that some people are in IP2 for 7 or 8 months. It's not a mistake for them, it's just how long it takes. Maybe we shouldn't be making these people believe that they should have PPR by now

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Also, forgot to say, CONGRATULATIONS on your PPR!!! :D
All the best in Canada!

NSA82

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Hey congratulations, so happy for u. I told u that u'll get PPR soon.Ur application got updated to ip2 2 days earlier than me. And see what happened, u almost missed the PPR. But all's well that ends well. Best of luck for ur future endeavours in Canada..
Thanks @Zorawar28 . So relieved and thank god I called CIC to check else would have not known about the email at all.

NSA82

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Pls can someone give me cic agent number to call. From inside or outside canads
‭+1 (613) 944-4000‬ Call them on google hangout. This is a centralised no so choose option 1 and your call will be transferred to IRCC. There check your application status and at the end of that it gives you an option to speak with an agent. The wait time is usually 30-35 minutes so call when you have that much time to spare. Usually 12:30-1pm Canada time is a good time to call them. All the best.

Reactions: JeMaAnd and Jibike

NSA82

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Y
I wouldn't agree with this entirely
I mean, it's weird that you were supposed to get PPR message and didn't so it's really lucky you spoke to CIC

Having said this, we need to admit that some people are in IP2 for 7 or 8 months. It's not a mistake for them, it's just how long it takes. Maybe we shouldn't be making these people believe that they should have PPR by now
You are right that in some cases it may take long but there could be some cases like me who actually have their applications approved but haven’t got any notification. So I see no harm in checking with cic once to see where the application is. I talk out of personal experience and hope a few people benefit from my experience. It’s not to mislead and give false hope to anyone but to share my experience and hope people benefit from it just as I did from other forums.

canadalife1234

Jan 3, 2016
Pls can someone give me cic agent number to call. From inside or outside canads
For everyone looking to call CIC, here's my advice/experience

The number I called was +1 613 944 4000
I called at 8.20am Toronto time.

After selecting option 1 (one) three times, the call was transferred to IRCC

I then followed the prompts, it was a lot of automated messages & information.

Once I got sick of listening to the automated information I pressed 0 and got told "we are transferring you to a representative"

I was waiting on hold for around 45 minutes, then got through to a lovely agent named Francois

Please be aware: If your file is being processed at a Local Visa Office (LVO) then the information that IRCC may have could be very limited. You would need to contact your local visa office for more precise information.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hey guys!

Congrats to all who have gotten their PPR and the best of luck to the rest of us, who are still waiting for that golden email :)

I am a November 27 applicant and I applied through an agent, who keeps telling me to wait to hear from CIC and not order notes or call or email etc.

I am just wondering if I called CIC myself to get an update would it raise any issues (since I applied through an agent). I am just gerring to anxious now that I am approaching the 6 months mark.

What do you think or do you have anyone who has been in a similar situation.

Thanks