+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2018 AOR - join here!

Arod

May 15, 2017
Hi All,
Just an updated. Called CIC and spoke to an agent. These are my q & A.

Me: I got AOR on March 13, why isnt there any movement in my application?
CIC: We looked at your application and everything seems in order. SInce we are still within 6 month window, you shouldnt panic.

Me: Many of my friends who filed before or after me got their PR, My application states that you havent started background search on me?
CIC: If you have extensive travel history, your application response time will be later than someone with short travel history.

Me: So should I check in after sometime?
CIC: Call us after August if you dont see any movement.

I hope this helps people who are waiting like me.
Excellent. My AOR is almost the same as yours. I do have sort of a long travel history, mainly to the US, so it would make sense what the officer told you.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
She didnt say anything specific, she looked at my file and read whatever you can read on the website. Then I asked those specific question and that is how she responded. It didnt even occur to me that there is an order of processing.
after couple of weeks/around starting of Aug when you call them up plz ask specific question about eligibility, criminality and background check status...

namrata aswani

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hi All,
Just an updated. Called CIC and spoke to an agent. These are my q & A.

Me: I got AOR on March 13, why isnt there any movement in my application?
CIC: We looked at your application and everything seems in order. SInce we are still within 6 month window, you shouldnt panic.

Me: Many of my friends who filed before or after me got their PR, My application states that you havent started background search on me?
CIC: If you have extensive travel history, your application response time will be later than someone with short travel history.

Me: So should I check in after sometime?
CIC: Call us after August if you dont see any movement.

I hope this helps people who are waiting like me.
Doesnt make sense to me cause my BGC has also not started and I do not hv any travel history at all
Aor 25th march

Reactions: Robion

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got email yesterday, which I checked today. My application on mycic has been updated and the application has been approved, background check has been completed. The CoPR date is 13 July and I should have me passport early next week at best or by late, late next week as it has to cross the border to get here.

I feel bit strange. Starting the journey back in 2013, after one refusal and one return, both in 2014. 6 IELTS in total, lots of disappointment, agony for not getting the required score, the journey is finally over. Things have moved so fast since IP2 on June 22, I haven't really got to enjoy this moments, mostly cos of work. Also living alone, away from family and not much friends in the city, celebration has been limited to self only. But most importantly, the feeling of when it will be approved, whether it will be approved, when this long journey will be over, all those feelings are gone for ever. And trust me, after 5 years of having those feelings, it feels strange not to have 'em. I am sure there are lot many things to look forward too.

Now the most difficult thing is to leave behind aging, uneducated parents with no siblings residing in home country and relatives, only for the sake of relation and of no use at all.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
I got email yesterday, which I checked today. My application on mycic has been updated and the application has been approved, background check has been completed. The CoPR date is 13 July and I should have me passport early next week at best or by late, late next week as it has to cross the border to get here.

I feel bit strange. Starting the journey back in 2013, after one refusal and one return, both in 2014. 6 IELTS in total, lots of disappointment, agony for not getting the required score, the journey is finally over. Things have moved so fast since IP2 on June 22, I haven't really got to enjoy this moments, mostly cos of work. Also living alone, away from family and not much friends in the city, celebration has been limited to self only. But most importantly, the feeling of when it will be approved, whether it will be approved, when this long journey will be over, all those feelings are gone for ever. And trust me, after 5 years of having those feelings, it feels strange not to have 'em. I am sure there are lot many things to look forward too.

Now the most difficult thing is to leave behind aging, uneducated parents with no siblings residing in home country and relatives, only for the sake of relation and of no use at all.
Nice, life is a bore without failures and disappointments. congrats.

Reactions: KingKurly

katikaidi

Dec 18, 2017
china
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-04-2018
Med's Done....
02-05-2018
Many congratulations to you. In deed not an easy obstacle but here you have come over it and your dream is coming true. A new life is waiting ahead for you. Wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Tiju Samuel

May 7, 2018

Many Many Congrats...It's all gonna be good....the new life ahead ....will shower u with many blessings....

fareed3621

May 18, 2018

congratulations wishing you a happy and prosperous life ahead in CANADA

n3nimbus

Dec 26, 2017
Guys I got my PPR email on the 4th of July but I’m travelling till the 12th of August so I can not submit my passport.

I raised a CE CSC (Case specific enquiry) on the 4th of July itself to ask for an extension. But it’s been 12 days and I have not received any reply yet. I’m worried. Is there anything else that I can do or I should be doing?

Hina.K

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hello guys, need some help...
Received my GCMS notes today, can anyone help me understand these notes. Following is the major information received in the notes from page 2:
Eligibility: passed
Security: not started
Hirv:
Criminality: passed
Medical: passed
Info sharing: complete

And here is my timeline. AOR: 10 march,
Med: 18 March, IP2: 18 June.
Can i consider myself in safe zone now lol???