March 2018 AOR - join here!

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I used the automated machine to hear the status updates. It says the same thing which is there online when you log in to your account. I realized that I moved to IP2, when i heard the machine status update "Your bgc is in process ..."

After that, basis my gut feel, i called CIC call center to confirm whether they had sent any mail or not. And they did confirm.
Can u please share number so that I may call them as I am in IP2 since 11 June..

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Received PPR this morning. :)

Two applicants
NOC 2171

ITA 10 Jan
AoR 31 Mar
MEP/IP1 10 Apr (no email for IP1, status changed directly in account a few hours after the medical pass notification email)
IP2 12 Jun (no email)
Ghost Update 21 Jun
PPR 22 Jun

We had 3 PCCS in all.

Both have US Visas, only husband has travelled to US.

I have travelled to Australia twice.

No previous and direct family connection with Canada.

Thanks to everyone here and many congratulations to those who have seen progress and moved to PPR stage today and earlier this week.

Hang in there, it will happen for everyone

canada_2018

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
Hey everyone. Happy to share the story.

I had applied through consultants and I guess they are the slowest guys on earth. (Wish I knew that before). But nonetheless, March 6 AOR.
Meds cleared around March 13

Just a twist, all logins are done through their lawyers and so I was at their mercy to get all updates.

Got RPRF request on Apr 13 which those brilliant people missed to inform me in time. They finally realized and informed me on Apr 24 which I paid on same day and they uploaded the receipt.

Since then I stopped trusting them blindly and this group helped me with a helpline number through which I regularly got automated updates bypassing my consultants

I was in IP1 till June 15, when the I checked the status on call.

Yesterday I checked on call and bammm, it was in IP2. I checked with my consultants for status update and any ppr mail but they said "no mail recieved"

Then I called CIC - this time spoke to the agent. (Wait time was about 25 mins)
EUREKA- She said June 19 was when my application was accepted and they have sent the Golden mail.

So now I am going to my consultants and "politely" asking for this second casual mistake.

But finally got the confirmation and am relieved.
Hope the wait for all ends soon. Fingers crossed.

This long story was for all people who are going through consultants to not blindly trust them
Congratulations!!!

I am in the same boat (applied throuhg a consultant) and wondering in order to get updates did you tell the agents on the phone that you dont have access to your CIC account?

Thank you

Reactions: remo1563

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Collected my Passport today along with COPR.

Couple of doubts I have if anyone who have received COPR can clarify that will be helpful

1. COPR document says "not valid for travel" is this normal ??
2. Received two COPR one has photograph attached and one is without photograph. is it same for everyone else??

Reactions: canada_2018

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Well, thats a tricky one. They did help in the filing and guiding and ensuring correct submission. They just became slow and casual in their approach.

The only correction that i would like would be to have control in my hands
correct, it's a personal choice. In my case (and many others am assuming), this forum and @legalfalcon were enough.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Couple of doubts I have if anyone who have received COPR can clarify that will be helpful

2. Received two COPR one has photograph attached and one is without photograph. is it same for everyone else??
1. Yes, COPR is not a travel document. you have a visa, and then you will get a PR card which is a travel document. Upon landing, after you are admitted, you current visa (if you are not from a visa exempt country) will be cancelled as it is only a single entry visa. Until you receive the PR card, you cannot re-enter Canada. If you leave without a PR Card you will need PRTD to re-enter.

2. Yes, when you land, the CBSA officer will take one copy with the photograph, and give you the second one. The photograph will be used for your PR card.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
This long story was for all people who are going through consultants to not blindly trust them
I shortened your story in my reply, but yeah completely agree with your point of view...in my case I am at the mercy of my org who appointed the immigration lawyer
Hallelujah....

Gwills

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018

How long from golden email to copr ? Congrats

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes, COPR is not a travel document. you have a visa, and then you will get a PR card which is a travel document. Upon landing, after you are admitted, you current visa (if you are not from a visa exempt country) will be cancelled as it is only a single entry visa. Until you receive the PR card, you cannot re-enter Canada. If you leave without a PR Card you will need PRTD to re-enter.

2. Yes, when you land, the CBSA officer will take one copy with the photograph, and give you the second one. The photograph will be used for your PR card.
Thanks for confirming

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015

COPR cannot be used to return to Canada by Air (and maybe sea). But it can be used to return to Canada by Land from the US.

neetikapahwa

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
I used the automated machine to hear the status updates. It says the same thing which is there online when you log in to your account. I realized that I moved to IP2, when i heard the machine status update "Your bgc is in process ..."

After that, basis my gut feel, i called CIC call center to confirm whether they had sent any mail or not. And they did confirm.
I used to check on automated machine for status updates as i did not have my account access. I used to check the status update from machine once every 3 days. (Do note that this is just a machine update and i "DID NOT" talk to CIC call centre executives)

In this entire time of about 3.5 months, i have just called CIC and spoken to executives 2 times
1. During the RPRF delays which my consultants did (so i called up in May end to clarify if there was no issue)
2. After moving to IP2 to confirm for golden mail which they did.
Which number did you call to get automated status update and for when you finally spoke to the agent?