+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm glad to announce that, according to the tracking sheet, all of active March applicants have received the test invitations and at least 70% of them were invited to the citizenship oath. Hope the rest (including myself!) finish their journey soon and we all turn this page of our life.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
I'm glad to announce that, according to the tracking sheet, all of active March applicants have received the test invitations and at least 70% of them were invited to the citizenship oath. Hope the rest (including myself!) finish their journey soon and we all turn this page of our life.
thank you for your efforts and wishing the best to all of us.
i have one question for experienced members
my wife rcd test invite . she applied together with 2 children above 14y . no test invite for children and no ecas updated for them . anyone has experience on this issue. are children required to attend the test with or without test invite . in the previous , separate AOR was rcd for each

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asaif said:
Thanks asaif for your efforts to maintain the sheet throughout our journey. That is an easy way to assess the situation and provide all companion necessary guideline. This forum is also very helpful till destination.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJGGG said:
thank you for your efforts and wishing the best to all of us.
i have one question for experienced members
my wife rcd test invite . she applied together with 2 children above 14y . no test invite for children and no ecas updated for them . anyone has experience on this issue. are children required to attend the test with or without test invite . in the previous , separate AOR was rcd for each
JJGGG, kids do not receive invitation letter and they are not even required in test or oath. Parents take their documents with them.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk2015 said:
JJGGG, kids do not receive invitation letter and they are not even required in test or oath. Parents take their documents with them.
are you sure . cic web state tests required from 14+ above . oath as well .
anyone has the same situation.
by the way my wife file with RQ moved from mississauga to scarbourough!!!!!!!!!!

CCanadaa

Jan 27, 2016
JJGGG, probably that's better that they have transferred your wife's file to Scarborough, the office in Scarborough is super fast now, in last month so many people have received test and oath invites for Scarborough office.

amk2015

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JJGGG said:
are you sure . cic web state tests required from 14+ above . oath as well .
anyone has the same situation.
by the way my wife file with RQ moved from mississauga to scarbourough!!!!!!!!!!
But you applied under old rules. Even then, pls confirm with call center.

JJGGG

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amk2015 said:
But you applied under old rules. Even then, pls confirm with call center.
correct application prior of June 2015 . you mean the new rules only introduced this requirement .

will contact call center in any case , hopefully will receive reliable answer

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So finally going to have oath in Ottawa next wk.

Few questions if anybody has been to Oath ceremony at Ottawa.

One of my 10 yrs old is also on application and letter says he can attend the ceremony but i have other one who is 5 and already a canadian citizen by birth so if i could take him if yes if he is allowed to sit with us and there will be no one else with us.As if he has to sit on guest sides,he is too young for that to sit alone on that side

Thanks

S

PS:CIC says that over 14 yrs hv to take oath so it could be re-confirmed by calling call centre

djpatel99

Jul 21, 2015
As I mentioned earlier, I had my test on 29th January and passed. Status changed to DM two days after.
And now, E-cas updated to oath invite. Have my oath on the 19th Feb :D

So fast! Hope everyone from Scarborough gets it soon too. It has been ridiculously slow up to this point. Now its ridiculously fast lol

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
djpatel99 said:
As I mentioned earlier, I had my test on 29th January and passed. Status changed to DM two days after.
And now, E-cas updated to oath invite. Have my oath on the 19th Feb :D

So fast! Hope everyone from Scarborough gets it soon too. It has been ridiculously slow up to this point. Now its ridiculously fast lol
Congratulations !!!!

Would u mind sharing ur timeline ...

Thanks

djpatel99

Jul 21, 2015
Air1220 said:
Congratulations !!!!

Would u mind sharing ur timeline ...

Thanks
Thanks. Here is my timeline. My local office is Scarborough

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2015.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 25, 2015.

We started processing your application on June 22, 2015.

We sent you correspondence on July 23, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before
sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

We sent you a notice on January 8, 2016 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2016 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 4, 2016 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 19, 2016 at 10:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Does anybody knows how long it takes to have an oath letter or further explanations after decision made?? I got a decision made today but no further explanations. I got a fingerprint request exactly 3 months ago and did my test exactly 4 months ago. I started my application on march 23, 2015

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ideally u must have heard something from CIC by now.But if not try giving call to CIC and infant check if they dcvd your Fps.

Cheers

s

betoherman said:
Does anybody knows how long it takes to have an oath letter or further explanations after decision made?? I got a decision made today but no further explanations. I got a fingerprint request exactly 3 months ago and did my test exactly 4 months ago. I started my application on march 23, 2015