+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smile_Canada said:
Finally my ecas status has been changed to Decision Made, hopefully its positive and i will get Oath invite soon.
Congratulations Smile. Hope your journey ends very soon.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smile_Canada said:
Finally my ecas status has been changed to Decision Made, hopefully its positive and i will get Oath invite soon.
Yay Smile!

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! How long did you have to wait for DM after your test? Were you requested for additional info after your test?
Smile_Canada said:

bongeorgeo

Apr 16, 2011
ymassimi said:
Hello Everyone,

I have finally done my Chieftainship test last week on Dec 10th; I got 20/20 for test and the interview went well.
I have got my ecas updated to DM, however, didn't see any changes in the timelines though.

wish everyone the best of luck..

Is the test easy ? What resources did you use ?
Book or questions ?

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
bongeorgeo said:
Is the test easy ? What resources did you use ?
Book or questions ?
The test was easy, but none of the questions i practiced online were in the test, my advice read the the book 2 to 3 times and you should be good (don't forget to read the margins), and i notice that the book is not updated (electoral districts should be 338, ....)

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andrew7007 said:
Congrats! How long did you have to wait for DM after your test? Were you requested for additional info after your test?
Andrew, it took about 4 months after test. I was asked to provide Entry/Exit report from US as i live close to border and frequent traveler, also i applied with small buffer of additional days that caused Officer think bout my credibility.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smile thanks for the info it helps. I have completed 3.5 months today after test. Fingers crossed. All the best for the oath and hope you get it very sooooon.
Smile_Canada said:
Andrew, it took about 4 months after test. I was asked to provide Entry/Exit report from US as i live close to border and frequent traveler, also i applied with small buffer of additional days that caused Officer think bout my credibility.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Smile_Canada said:
Congrats Andrew, i'm in the same situation that you were, and i've been issued CIT 0520 entry/exit US along with other documents right after test, my question to you is: did you sent the the i94 report or the FOIA report? i just sent my documents with the i94 report, the FOIA entry /exit report will take more time and over the 30 days.

Thanks,

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz said:
Congrats Andrew, i'm in the same situation that you were, and i've been issued CIT 0520 entry/exit US along with other documents right after test, my question to you is: did you sent the the i94 report or the FOIA report? i just sent my documents with the i94 report, the FOIA entry /exit report will take more time and over the 30 days.

Thanks,
I think that question was for me. I sent i-94 report immediately as it was available online, but it didn't seemed to have enough details. So i ordered FOIA & CBSA reports which took almost 3 months to come.

After getting FOIA report i found that there were about 15 entries missing , i.e. it doesn't show i enetered US, but CBSA has those entries showing i enetered in Canada. So i was collecting all my documents like Credit Card statement, Dr records, Lab tests , Pay stubs, anything that can show that i was present in Canada during that time. I was thinking to send as much details possible along with FOIA report by this weekend, but may be my good luck Ecas showed Decision Made. So now i am gonna just wait and watch.

Also i ordered ATIP report during the time i was waiting for FOIA report. From ATIP report i found that everything is good in my case except for Residency requirements. And note specifically said concern is due to multiple US trips and less additional days

My suggestion for you is order the FOIA report while you are waiting because it take long time to process.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz I wasn't asked for any report. Notice of Assessment, ROE and a colored copy of my passport. That's it. On my application I had given CIC permission to obtain the exit entry details on my behalf so they said since you have given us permission we can get it from the borders. Hope that answers your query.
Jaroddz said:

Thanks,

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Smile_Canada said:
I think that question was for me. I sent i-94 report immediately as it was available online, but it didn't seemed to have enough details. So i ordered FOIA & CBSA reports which took almost 3 months to come.

After getting FOIA report i found that there were about 15 entries missing , i.e. it doesn't show i enetered US, but CBSA has those entries showing i enetered in Canada. So i was collecting all my documents like Credit Card statement, Dr records, Lab tests , Pay stubs, anything that can show that i was present in Canada during that time. I was thinking to send as much details possible along with FOIA report by this weekend, but may be my good luck Ecas showed Decision Made. So now i am gonna just wait and watch.

Also i ordered ATIP report during the time i was waiting for FOIA report. From ATIP report i found that everything is good in my case except for Residency requirements. And note specifically said concern is due to multiple US trips and less additional days

My suggestion for you is order the FOIA report while you are waiting because it take long time to process.
Thanks Smile_canada,

i did ordered the FOIA report back in Dec 2, 2015 and i just got it today and it has all the entries, i highlighted the two entries that the CO couldn't find the stamps for them, i did already mailed all the documents (including my bank statement, lease agreement.... as alternative) and i was thinking that the FOIA report will take longer (i94 it wasn't showing all the entries), the question is should i mail he FOIA report or it's better to wait and see if they ask for it?

Thanks,

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
Jaroddz I wasn't asked for any report. Notice of Assessment, ROE and a colored copy of my passport. That's it. On my application I had given CIC permission to obtain the exit entry details on my behalf so they said since you have given us permission we can get it from the borders. Hope that answers your query.
Thanks, i think Smile_canada was the one he was asked to provide the Entry/Exit record of movement from USA. :)

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz said:
Thanks Smile_canada,

i did ordered the FOIA report back in Dec 2, 2015 and i just got it today and it has all the entries, i highlighted the two entries that the CO couldn't find the stamps for them, i did already mailed all the documents (including my bank statement, lease agreement.... as alternative) and i was thinking that the FOIA report will take longer (i94 it wasn't showing all the entries), the question is should i mail he FOIA report or it's better to wait and see if they ask for it?

Thanks,
If everything is good with your FOIA report, i would suggest just send it it will help them process ur case faster and make decision easier.

In my case i had issues with FOIa report itself, so was waiting to collect all documentation to support my case. And collecting info for anything that happened 2-3 years back is not easy. Even the bank statements, phone statements nothing is available online for more than 12 months ago. I had to call companies to send statements for particular days. They charge for each statement and on top of that they don't send it in email, they use Snail Mail to send.