Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Calgary_Man said:
hi folks i m back after a while..
1) my wifes visitor visa refused :-[
2) no update on our file after transferred to home county for over 30 days now, shud we email high commission canada back home?
hows the status of folks in forum? wondering abt passport requests for march applicants.. :)
sorry to hear that. And yes you can email them but you may not get a responds. You can order the note and you will get it back in 30 days. It will give you an idea about what is going on . All the best and keep praying if you believe in prayers.

MrJB

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-4-2014 and 11-05-2014
File Transfer...
15/04/2014
Med's Done....
24-02-2014
Passport Req..
18-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014
LANDED..........
18/7/2014, PR Card arrived 10/9
Calgary_Man said:
2) no update on our file after transferred to home county for over 30 days now, shud we email high commission canada back home?
hows the status of folks in forum? wondering abt passport requests for march applicants.. :)
Wow, that sucks hard. Why was it refused?

atrivera

Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014, SA received 22-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-07-2014
I got my permanent resident card in the mail today. Seems like things are picking up with CIC. Has anybody else gotten theirs yet? Also, when I landed the CBSA officer stapled my COPR inside my passport, should I leave it in there?

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
atrivera said:
I got my permanent resident card in the mail today. Seems like things are picking up with CIC. Has anybody else gotten theirs yet? Also, when I landed the CBSA officer stapled my COPR inside my passport, should I leave it in there?
Wow, nice! You landed July 28th? My hubby landed on July 30th but no card yet. Also our COPR was not stapled into his passport so I think you can take it out if you want as long as you bring it with you when you cross the boarder. But just leave it somewhere safe!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Calgary_Man said:
New Delhi VO and Singapore VO seem to have higher refusal rate than rest of Asia. But look at the bright side, at least New Delhi VO didn't take 2 years to process your application and then declined her PR. I don't think contacting that VO will have any benefit to you. After my friend's sponsorship application was rejected, he was contacted by CIC office in Montreal and told him he can attend a hearing in Montreal. So I think CIC office in Calgary or Edmonton will contact you and give you the option to attend a hearing on your case. Just try to prepare and take as much evidence as possible to show your relationship is "genuine and continuing" since that seems to be what CIC focuses on.

MrJB

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-4-2014 and 11-05-2014
File Transfer...
15/04/2014
Med's Done....
24-02-2014
Passport Req..
18-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014
LANDED..........
18/7/2014, PR Card arrived 10/9
atrivera said:
Nice one! I landed July 18 so fingers crossed I get mine soon!

M

mikeymyke

Hey thanks to everyone here for the well wishes! We were just as surprised as you, despite the huge odds of being refused (TRV from a high overstay risk country: Vietnam, married to a Canadian), but we're so ecstatic about being approved for it. Yes she got an email that confirms the TRV has been approved, and she was also instructed to go pick up her passport this afternoon (her time), so I won't know myself whether she got a single entry or multiple, or for how long it's valid, but I'll know after I wake up tomorrow, and I"ll keep you guys posted!

I think after this TRV application became approved from a tough country, I'm convinced more so than ever, that having a detailed and comprehensive application package can overcome long processing times and overcome obstacles like red flags, whether its a PR or TRV. My wife's red flags with the TRV are that she is married to a Canadian, is from Vietnam, and does not own property or a business, just has a bank account with money. CIC says the avg. processing time for TRVs in her country is 36 days, but she got approved in 16 days with no interview or request for additional docs.

Both of us really worked hard on the TRV (my wife took a couple days off to work on it), we sent in a lot of extra documents that CIC did not ask for, such as my income tax returns, my wife's personal letter to CIC, photos of us together, proof of insurance for her stay, hotel booking info for our future trip to Europe in December along with detailed plans and itinerary, household registry confirming she has lived in her house her entire life with her family, showed BOTH her Vietnamese and USA criminal record checks, etc. I think this really helped boost our chances.

I also credit the fact that we both chose to handwrite our letters instead of typing them (gives a more personal feel), her bank account had only her money (I did not help "top up" her bank, which commonly leads to refusal), our extra documents were all on one PDF file that was so organized, the officer only needs to click on the links to be immediately directed to a specific document and also has a link that allows them to return to the main page. Also for the "Purpose of Visit", which is a common reason for people to be refused, we didn't just simply say "My wife's purpose is to visit me", we were VERY detailed. I gave a timeline of what we're going to do on each day she's here, we submitted proof of a hotel booked in Vancouver when we go there, we indicated where we will go, what we will do, etc.

Our letters to CIC were very detailed and we made sure to indicate why she's a genuine tourist: the fact we have a future trip to Europe planned, complete with itinerary and booked hotels, the fact I visited my wife many times, but she's never visited me once, the fact that when she's here I will continue to work in order to support both of us, etc. Even though pics are optional, I think sending in pics are a good idea because when the VO sees your spouse's face and see you guys together, it will sort of give them a good feeling about you and whether you "look" like a good person who won't overstay, yeah I know it sounds kind of discriminatory, but these things happen I think.

Anyway, enough with my blabbering, I'll let you guys know tomorrow morning how long her visa is valid for. By the way, she's going to land here in 3 weeks and we're going to stay for about a month. We don't plan on extending her stay, because we've seen a few cases where the applicant was refused entry a 2nd time because they stayed longer than what they asked for, even when allowed by the visa officer. So because of that, we want to keep her on good terms with CIC, and so we won't stay longer than what we asked for. It's ok because after she goes home in late September, it's only a couple months away before we go to Europe!

Also, congrats on the people who got PR cards and DMs!! Oborinini, I'm really happy your wife is watching our progress, we're really touched, and I wish you guys nothing but the best, your PR application seems to be going real great! Calgary_man sorry about your TRV refusal, hope the rest of your PR application will go smoothly.

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
mikeymyke said:
Hey thanks to everyone here for the well wishes! We were just as surprised as you, despite the huge odds of being refused (TRV from a high overstay risk country: Vietnam, married to a Canadian), but we're so ecstatic about being approved for it. Yes she got an email that confirms the TRV has been approved, and she was also instructed to go pick up her passport this afternoon (her time), so I won't know myself whether she got a single entry or multiple, or for how long it's valid, but I'll know after I wake up tomorrow, and I"ll keep you guys posted!

I think after this TRV application became approved from a tough country, I'm convinced more so than ever, that having a detailed and comprehensive application package can overcome long processing times and overcome obstacles like red flags, whether its a PR or TRV. My wife's red flags with the TRV are that she is married to a Canadian, is from Vietnam, and does not own property or a business, just has a bank account with money. CIC says the avg. processing time for TRVs in her country is 36 days, but she got approved in 21 days with no interview or request for additional docs.

Both of us really worked hard on the TRV (my wife took a couple days off to work on it), we sent in a lot of extra documents that CIC did not ask for, such as my income tax returns, my wife's personal letter to CIC, photos of us together, proof of insurance for her stay, hotel booking info for our future trip to Europe in December along with detailed plans and itinerary, household registry confirming she has lived in her house her entire life with her family, showed BOTH her Vietnamese and USA criminal record checks, etc. I think this really helped boost our chances.

I also credit the fact that we both chose to handwrite our letters instead of typing them (gives a more personal feel), her bank account had only her money (I did not help "top up" her bank, which commonly leads to refusal), our extra documents were all on one PDF file that was so organized, the officer only needs to click on the links to be immediately directed to a specific document and also has a link that allows them to return to the main page. Also for the "Purpose of Visit", which is a common reason for people to be refused, we didn't just simply say "My wife's purpose is to visit me", we were VERY detailed. I gave a timeline of what we're going to do on each day she's here, we submitted proof of a hotel booked in Vancouver when we go there, we indicated where we will go, what we will do, etc.

Our letters to CIC were very detailed and we made sure to indicate why she's a genuine tourist: the fact we have a future trip to Europe planned, complete with itinerary and booked hotels, the fact I visited my wife many times, but she's never visited me once, the fact that when she's here I will continue to work in order to support both of us, etc. Even though pics are optional, I think sending in pics are a good idea because when the VO sees your spouse's face and see you guys together, it will sort of give them a good feeling about you and whether you "look" like a good person who won't overstay, yeah I know it sounds kind of discriminatory, but these things happen I think.

Anyway, enough with my blabbering, I'll let you guys know tomorrow morning how long her visa is valid for. By the way, she's going to land here in 3 weeks and we're going to stay for about a month. We don't plan on extending her stay, because we've seen a few cases where the applicant was refused entry a 2nd time because they stayed longer than what they asked for, even when allowed by the visa officer. So because of that, we want to keep her on good terms with CIC, and so we won't stay longer than what we asked for. It's ok because after she goes home in late September, it's only a couple months away before we go to Europe!

Also, congrats on the people who got PR cards and DMs!! Oborinini, I'm really happy your wife is watching our progress, we're really touched, and I wish you guys nothing but the best, your PR application seems to be going real great! Calgary_man sorry about your TRV refusal, hope the rest of your PR application will go smoothly.
Congrats mikey! I told my wife about you guys as well, and we were close to deciding to apply. I had several questions I was going to ask, but will PM you instead. I am happy for you both and know you put the time and effort into it like you always do.

M

mikeymyke

Koifish76 said:
Congrats mikey! I told my wife about you guys as well, and we were close to deciding to apply. I had several questions I was going to ask, but will PM you instead. I am happy for you both and know you put the time and effort into it like you always do.
Hey thanks a lot I really appreciate it. Happy to answer any TRV related questions you have, and hope your wife can get one too!

Oh and by the way guys, my wife got a multiple entry TRV for the LIFE of her passport (until July 2019)!!!! Wow, I guess its true if you put together a good application, good things can happen!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Hey thanks a lot I really appreciate it. Happy to answer any TRV related questions you have, and hope your wife can get one too!

Oh and by the way guys, my wife got a multiple entry TRV for the LIFE of her passport (until July 2019)!!!! Wow, I guess its true if you put together a good application, good things can happen!
congrats mikey, that is certainly exciting news!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikeymyke said:

I think after this TRV application became approved from a tough country, I'm convinced more so than ever, that having a detailed and comprehensive application package can overcome long processing times and overcome obstacles like red flags, whether its a PR or TRV. My wife's red flags with the TRV are that she is married to a Canadian, is from Vietnam, and does not own property or a business, just has a bank account with money. CIC says the avg. processing time for TRVs in her country is 36 days, but she got approved in 16 days with no interview or request for additional docs.
I strongly think that in your case, as well as my case, when the VOs recieved TRV application for spouse waiting for Sponsorship, the VOs opened our sponsorship application and evaluated it just in case the spouse doesn't return at the end of the TRV. That is certainly what I would have done if I were the VO employee. I would not approve a TRV for spouse whose relationship I don't think is legitimate. So I think this is a good sign for your sposorship application.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
mikeymyke said:

all you said is right. If you go with honesty and prepare well anything is posible. Cic officers are not that bad , we had some little issues we were concerned with but we wrote letters explaining them and providing as much prove as we could. At the end of every answer we let them know we have more than we are providing and should they require anything we are more than happy to submit . And oh yeah my wife was really excited . She screamed like it was good news for us lol. I felt so happy for you because I know how hard you've worked towards that etc. that feeling when you are so excited for someone else's win is so amazing . I wish all of us on the page can just get dm faster. Our application was solid too and that coupled with the fact that Accra is working fast did the magic. Staying positive and praying too. Passport is with them now so we are still praying and chilling . All the best with you and your wife and safe and happy trip :)

soblue3

Apr 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
07-04-2014
Interview........
20-06-2014 denied Nov 1, 2014 application for appeal sent nov 15, 2014
Passport Req..
blue book received march 2015
congrats to all that got some good news. for us its 7 weeks after the interview and still no news. no status change either. anybody has any idea how much longer for the paris office to respond?

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
mikeymyke said:

Congrats...that is great news and she can come to Canada many times for a visit while the PR is being processed.

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
My wife received her COPR today FedEx, from our lawyer. CIC sent it there by instead of directly to her US address. We are hoping for her to land sometime in September. Can someone update the spreadsheet pls!