AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Passport Req..
11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2014
How long it usually takes from passport request to receiving the visa? I got passport request on 11th of June (add to spreadsheet please:) )

Gugi123

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
csq granted 08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-04-2014 (AOR1); 24-04-2014 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
November 2013
MrJB said:
I got PPR today! (Curiously, the day after I requested my GCMS notes...)
Congrats!! What step are you at now?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meiko3886 said:
How long it usually takes from passport request to receiving the visa? I got passport request on 11th of June (add to spreadsheet please:) )
You recieved passport request within 3 months of of submitting application, that is gotta be the fastes ever. I'm happy for you. Now to answer your question, I have seen everything from a week to 2 months. So it is hard to tell how long it will take to recieved the visa after PPR.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
O_guy said:
You recieved passport request within 3 months of of submitting application, that is gotta be the fastes ever. I'm happy for you. Now to answer your question, I have seen everything from a week to 2 months. So it is hard to tell how long it will take to recieved the visa after PPR.
yes, sydney is exceptionally fast! applicants have been landing in 3-4 months!

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Hello hello,

An update from me. Today I mailed in the doc request for my husband to Mexico. I also received a letter from CIC health division in the mail saying 'more tests need to be done before a decision can be made' inside the letter was a sealed envelope only to be opened by the doctor. So annoying. I'm in canada, he's in Costa Rica, so I'm seeing the first downside to the use of a representative thing. Lol. I also mailed that envelope to Gerald today. Docs should get to Mexico by Wednesday. Envelope is supposed to be 6-10 days to get to Gerald, but we will see. After Gerald receives the envelope he'll go do the updated medical. Meanwhile I'm thinking next week to send a package of more relationship evidence to Mexico. I'm worried that before I get the gcms notes and see a problem it'll be too late and they'll request the interview before I get a chance to fix it. Mexico is working really fast. My AOR said applications from their office are taking an average of 6 months to process assuming there are no delays. But we did see that desipty who is a march applicant, already received ppr. Ahhhhh. Lol so fast! Yay! Hope our medical doesn't delay too much. I would love to be In canada for Christmas with my love this year.

M

mikeymyke

Hey agrand!

I was wondering where in your AOR does it tell you the expected processing time? Mine doesn't say anything.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
mikeymyke said:
Hey agrand!

I was wondering where in your AOR does it tell you the expected processing time? Mine doesn't say anything.
I'm on iPad so I can't copy it right now but I'm looking at my hard copy which was an attachment in PDF format. There's a little blurb the first thing that says the date they received the application and then they give our file number and tell us to quote that number in all communications with the office. Then the rest of the email looks generic, it's a page an a half of information and the first section says 'processing time'....here it says...

"Applications for permanent residence in Canada in the category that you have applied require on average 6 months to process at this office. However, in case of incompleteness or in complicated cases, processing times may take longer. If you have not received any instruction from this office after 6 months, you are requested to contact this office directly."

Then we have other information sections like "important information" "interview" "authorization to release personal information" and "let us know"

Also I should mention that I won't be working anymore. My due date is in 2 weeks and I'm too tired and hurting all the time. Lol

And this was my AOR #2 by the way, the one from the Mexico office.

M

mikeymyke

Congrats on your pregnancy, I wish your husband could be there for the birth. My AOR#2 doesn't say anything about processing time, but I know the posted times are 30 months :(. All it says is :

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised Mexico's VO processes applications that quickly.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
mikeymyke said:
Congrats on your pregnancy, I wish your husband could be there for the birth. My AOR#2 doesn't say anything about processing time, but I know the posted times are 30 months :(. All it says is :

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised Mexico's VO processes applications that quickly.
mike I guess it differ from office to office . Mexico and Paris or Sydney seem cool lol . Anyways hope you are doing well . My wife drew my attention to your little misunderstanding with someone yesterday and I thought it was funny . You hit it right on the spot like always and say the hard truth which not everybody is able to take . I hadly comment on here coz there's not much going on , am regular in my visa office thread . They seem to be working still within 4 to 7 month so that gives us hope. People usually hear from them at least two or three months after their application is recieved . What's happening with your vo and how are you hanging in there ? Am just keeping it busy and watching soccer when I can :)

M

mikeymyke

Obronibini said:
mike I guess it differ from office to office . Mexico and Paris or Sydney seem cool lol . Anyways hope you are doing well . My wife drew my attention to your little misunderstanding with someone yesterday and I thought it was funny . You hit it right on the spot like always and say the hard truth which not everybody is able to take . I hadly comment on here coz there's not much going on , am regular in my visa office thread . They seem to be working still within 4 to 7 month so that gives us hope. People usually hear from them at least two or three months after their application is recieved . What's happening with your vo and how are you hanging in there ? Am just keeping it busy and watching soccer when I can :)
Hey! How are you and your wife?

No updates on our file so far, I ordered GCMS 2 weeks ago, and I'm just ordering the next set today. I'm going to order a new set every 2 weeks to stay on top of our file and make sure that in case the VO has any concerns that I'm able to address them quickly. We are planning on my wife applying for a visitor visa here in late July, and we're also planning on taking a trip to Europe/Vietnam for a month in December.

As for the other member, I really don't understand why when someone says to her "WIll you whine to the government if your husband dumps you?", which is VERY rude, but she goes very easy on him, but when I gave assurances to her and support her, she just gets really hostile. Anyway, I found out that her husband had an interview yesterday and apparently it seemed like it didn't go too well.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
mikeymyke said:
Hey! How are you and your wife?

No updates on our file so far, I ordered GCMS 2 weeks ago, and I'm just ordering the next set today. I'm going to order a new set every 2 weeks to stay on top of our file and make sure that in case the VO has any concerns that I'm able to address them quickly. We are planning on my wife applying for a visitor visa here in late July, and we're also planning on taking a trip to Europe/Vietnam for a month in December.

As for the other member, I really don't understand why when someone says to her "WIll you whine to the government if your husband dumps you?", which is VERY rude, but she goes very easy on him, but when I gave assurances to her and support her, she just gets really hostile. Anyway, I found out that her husband had an interview yesterday and apparently it seemed like it didn't go too well.
my wife is doing well , we are planing to order a note by 1st July too ,someone was telling us since Accra is working fast maybe we shouldn't but we want to see what concerns they may have . Our Medicals showed recieved on Ecas 7 days after SA I don't know if that means we passed Medicals , I've never been sick for more than 7 years so I doubt if there's anything to worry abt , do you think we passed ? Apart from that I don't see anything that can be a problem . I seen you were trying to help her . I pray things goes ok for her and he man. Sometimes it the stress lol I think your case is straight forward and everything will be alright . And oh another thing I read is if you and your spouse from different races . I don't see egg that should be an issue we are so perfect for each other and I pray they see that I am just a year older than my wife . Am told applying for the note online is faster and makes it easy for the vo

MrJB

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-4-2014 and 11-05-2014
File Transfer...
15/04/2014
Med's Done....
24-02-2014
Passport Req..
18-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014
LANDED..........
18/7/2014, PR Card arrived 10/9
ECAS says "Decision Made"!
Can someone update the spreadsheet please!

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Obronibini said:
Our Medicals showed recieved on Ecas 7 days after SA I don't know if that means we passed Medicals , I've never been sick for more than 7 years so I doubt if there's anything to worry abt , do you think we passed ?
I have a theory, I believe that when ecas shows that your medical results have been received it means that medically the health branch has made a decision on your file.

My logic is that my husbands initial medical was sent in, in February, and we received a letter dated June 5th from the health branch stating that we must do more tests before they can make a decision. So they have most definitely received the initial medical information but ecas shows nothing. I believe that it will only be updated when a decision has been made on the file.

Edit: I think it has to do with communication between two different offices. The health branch being a completely separate entity, receives and reviews the medical information. Once they make a decision they forward this to the proper VO. I believe that only the VO is updating ECAS.

meiko3886

Star Member
Jan 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Done....
09-02-2014
Passport Req..
11-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2014
Hey guys! Today i got status changed to In Process! :eek: ;D

1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 10, 2014.

2. We started processing your application on June 18, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.