Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I need some help from you guys. I've to file for my Spouse Permanent resident sponsorship. Not too sure if I should file it Inland or Outland.
So here's my story. I became PR of Canada in July 2013 after provincial nomination program route.
Before our marriage my wife was also in Canada but we were both living and working in different provinces that time.
She has 3 years open work permit expiring next year in July.
We got married in Feb 2014 in our home country (India).
After marriage and having a beautiful time with our family (went home after 3 years time) we're back in Canada (had to leave my province for her because she doesn't like mine :()
I have a job now and she resumed working where she was working previously.

Just out of your experience, could you please suggest should I go with inland or outland filing.
Your guidance will help me a lot. Thanks a lot in advance.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
O_guy said:
Hello Friends,

I started this threat but had to go away for work for the last a few weeks. I left updating the spreadsheet to the capable hands of agarand8. Anyway, I'm back now. So how can tell me everything that happened in 100 words or less? lol

agarand8, is the little one ready to come out?
Welcome back! She is still in there. We will see if I can get a couple more weeks of work in before I get reduced to whatever EI is going to give me.

For your update just review the spreadsheet. Believe it or not there are still a few members waiting on their first AOR.

Has anything happened with your file in the meantime?

marjorlie08

Oct 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
AOR Received.
12-05-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
01-08-2014; In Process..: 10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-01-2015 got decision made: 10-01-2015
agarand8 said:
I think they will send to the principal applicant unless you gave a use of representative form. If you didn't then it should go to the applicant. So if you gave an e-mail address it should go to e-mail, if not they will send it by regular mail. (I think sometimes this depends on your VO as well, for me they said in the Mexico thread that they receive PPR by e-mail if you provided an e-mail)

I have read many posts from MANILA VO thread, sometimes VO would make a surprise call to applicant that visa is ready for pick up, or email the sponsor for PPR and Appendix A form. Upon reading the posts, my heart jumps because as for the month Manila VO is already processing December applicants which only means we're near...LOL! :p :D ;) ;D :eek:

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8 said:
Welcome back! She is still in there. We will see if I can get a couple more weeks of work in before I get reduced to whatever EI is going to give me.

For your update just review the spreadsheet. Believe it or not there are still a few members waiting on their first AOR.

Has anything happened with your file in the meantime?
Good to see everything is going well with you. If your boss doesn't give you the extra time off, tell him/her to learn how to deliver a baby...lol

Yes, it is surprising that some people who submitted application in March still have not received SA. My only advice at this time for them would be to call and email their MP EVERY DAY.

My application has not received any more updates since I got the SA late March. I ordered the GMCS notes today (the electronic version) just to learn where my application stands at the moment.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marjorlie08 said:
I have read many posts from MANILA VO thread, sometimes VO would make a surprise call to applicant that visa is ready for pick up, or email the sponsor for PPR and Appendix A form. Upon reading the posts, my heart jumps because as for the month Manila VO is already processing December applicants which only means we're near...LOL! :p :D ;) ;D :eek:
Before I get extremely excited, are you sure about this? Where did you see information about the Manila VO processing December applicants? What I read in the Manila English Speaking threat is that the least amount of time it takes to get the passport request from the VO is 8 months after the application is submitted. Well, I have been away for a few weeks, so perhaps things have changed drastically (for the better).

Gugi123

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Nomination.....
csq granted 08-05-2014
AOR Received.
12-04-2014 (AOR1); 24-04-2014 (AOR2)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
13-03-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
November 2013
quebec77 said:
Just received my COPR in the mail today! I took less than 3 months.
I am really happy and wish you all the best of luck with your application.
congrats, where r u landing?

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
O_guy said:
Good to see everything is going well with you. If your boss doesn't give you the extra time off, tell him/her to learn how to deliver a baby...lol

Yes, it is surprising that some people who submitted application in March still have not received SA. My only advice at this time for them would be to call and email their MP EVERY DAY.

My application has not received any more updates since I got the SA late March. I ordered the GMCS notes today (the electronic version) just to learn where my application stands at the moment.
Welcome back Mr.Coffee. I am one of those unlucky few. Have been emailing my MP. No response yet. Stuck here in Thailand, which isn't a bad thing at all.
Now that you are back, I will let you two do the editing, until Agarand8 tells me to fill in for her a few days ;)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Koifish76 said:
Welcome back Mr.Coffee. I am one of those unlucky few. Have been emailing my MP. No response yet. Stuck here in Thailand, which isn't a bad thing at all.
Now that you are back, I will let you two do the editing, until Agarand8 tells me to fill in for her a few days ;)
I'm sorry to hear that. I live in Ottawa, so is there anything I can do to help you? If your MP is in Ottawa, perhaps I can buy him Tim Hortons coffee to get him to help you. Seriously, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Radium said:
Hello Everyone,

I need some help from you guys. I've to file for my Spouse Permanent resident sponsorship. Not too sure if I should file it Inland or Outland.
So here's my story. I became PR of Canada in July 2013 after provincial nomination program route.
Before our marriage my wife was also in Canada but we were both living and working in different provinces that time.
She has 3 years open work permit expiring next year in July.
We got married in Feb 2014 in our home country (India).
After marriage and having a beautiful time with our family (went home after 3 years time) we're back in Canada (had to leave my province for her because she doesn't like mine :()
I have a job now and she resumed working where she was working previously.

Just out of your experience, could you please suggest should I go with inland or outland filing.
Your guidance will help me a lot. Thanks a lot in advance.
I would suggest starting a new thread with this question to get feedback from more experienced members. Most of us on this thread haven't been dealing with immigration issues for long.

To answer your question, if I were you, I would do an inland application. The biggest issue with inland application is that if it is denied, there is no appeal process. But if you think your application is strong and you can proof your marriage is real, I don't see a reason to not do inland application.

quebec77

Jun 3, 2014
MrJB said:
Nice one! Which visa office?
My visa office was Paris. I had the option to apply inland or outland but I was told outland would be faster so I applied through Paris. Turned out to be a good decision. :)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
O_guy said:
I'm sorry to hear that. I live in Ottawa, so is there anything I can do to help you? If your MP is in Ottawa, perhaps I can buy him Tim Hortons coffee to get him to help you. Seriously, if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.
hey o-guy, great to see another member from ottawa. i'm here visiting until august and plan to be here when i get pr status.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
hey o-guy, great to see another member from ottawa. i'm here visiting until august and plan to be here when i get pr status.
Awesome. Ottawa can be a great city in the summer. People walking/biking along the canal, several big name singers coming to the Canadian Tire Centre, and of course all the Canada day activities in downtown.

Are you sponsoring your wife?

WRXSTI

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
O_guy said:
Before I get extremely excited, are you sure about this? Where did you see information about the Manila VO processing December applicants? What I read in the Manila English Speaking threat is that the least amount of time it takes to get the passport request from the VO is 8 months after the application is submitted. Well, I have been away for a few weeks, so perhaps things have changed drastically (for the better).
Up on this post. How can you check the status for manila VO? or did you just get updates from another thread?