10-6-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
6-8-2015
LANDED..........
12-8-2015
vipergtsr said:
I just have a couple of questions about completing "activating" my PR status.

Do I just need to take my COPR and my passport to the nearest port of entry to activate my PR? Will my PR card be sent in the mail?
Yes,

snaksun

Mar 25, 2014
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding my application, my status was changed to Decision Made last Friday, but I didn't receive any email until now. Is it normal? Anyone has the same case like mine?

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vipergtsr said:
Hi

I got my COPR late last night in the mail. I did not need to send my passport in because I am from a visa exempt country.

I am over the moon!! My final timeline is below:

Received at CIO Sydney : 17th March 2014
Application Received 17th March
AOR Received : 3rd April 2014
Medical Request 25th September 2014
In process - 2nd Feb 2015
RPRF Payment request - 13th Feb 2015
COPR - 9th March 2015

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p 8) 8) ;D ;D
Congrats my friend!

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shersheel said:
Hello guys,

I got PPR last night. but i have a question regarding email it says

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. The following is required to complete your application.

STEP 1: STATUS CHANGE (If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed to STEP 2)
Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?
· Have you married or divorced?
· Have you given birth or adopted a child?
· Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
· Have you changed your contact information: e-mail address/mailing address/telephone number?

If any of these conditions apply, you must inform CPC-O immediately:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca

but i have informed them about marriage. they did ask me to send marriage certificate. do i need to inform them again?
Congrats!

How about giving CIC a call just to make sure

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
snaksun said:
Hi guys,

I have a question regarding my application, my status was changed to Decision Made last Friday, but I didn't receive any email until now. Is it normal? Anyone has the same case like mine?
Hi,
you should get the PPR (hopefully) soon.

kooltest22

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ganapathi said:
Can i know after how many days the status changed to inprocess in ecas after ur submission after your wife medicals to delhi. I have a similar situation.
Sorry for late reply. My status changed to 'In process' after I got RPRF. So, it was already 'In Process' when they sent me medical reassessment request.

ameorko

Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-04-2014
Med's Request
20-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
We are starting to get a bit worried, CIC recived our application 28th March 2014, my timeline is on the left hand side. Last we heard was to go ahead with our medicals in Oct and our status still says application recieved. Has anyone gone from In process to deicision made in a short time frame? We are from a visa exempt country so no need to send off our passports. So patiently waiting for RPRF or any change online would be great!!

shersheel

Star Member
Mar 9, 2014
ameorko said:
We are starting to get a bit worried, CIC recived our application 28th March 2014, my timeline is on the left hand side. Last we heard was to go ahead with our medicals in Oct and our status still says application recieved. Has anyone gone from In process to deicision made in a short time frame? We are from a visa exempt country so no need to send off our passports. So patiently waiting for RPRF or any change online would be great!!

I think u should pay RPRF upfront and order GCMS notes. I did same and got my PPR on feb 12

ameorko

Aug 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
16-04-2014
Med's Request
20-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
shersheel said:
I think u should pay RPRF upfront and order GCMS notes. I did same and got my PPR on feb 12
my husband who is the principle applicant is out of the country at the moment but returns in under two weeks so can apply for GCMS notes then.

devileater

Jul 26, 2014
I sent my application in March last year. It is almost one year. I got ME in October and RPRF in November. they sent me a request for the New Zealand background check form in November and I sent it back to them the same day. After that nothing happened until February this year.

They asked me to send them an updated background form and I did it. Until now still nothing happens.

I called them some times and all I got was they were checking my background and I need to wait. I don't know why the processing time is so long. Anyone has the same situation?

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
devileater said:
I sent my application in March last year. It is almost one year. I got ME in October and RPRF in November. they sent me a request for the New Zealand background check form in November and I sent it back to them the same day. After that nothing happened until February this year.

They asked me to send them an updated background form and I did it. Until now still nothing happens.

I called them some times and all I got was they were checking my background and I need to wait. I don't know why the processing time is so long. Anyone has the same situation?
Me too. Applied in March. Still waiting. eCAS status is "In Process". Called CIC several times and they always replayed with "background check is ongoing".

devileater

Jul 26, 2014
ip000073 said:
Me too. Applied in March. Still waiting. eCAS status is "In Process". Called CIC several times and they always replayed with "background check is ongoing".
Hi, have you ordered a note? I did it in the beginning of March. I don't know what make them finish the process so slowly.
I believe most cases are simple.

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
devileater said:
Hi, have you ordered a note? I did it in the beginning of March. I don't know what make them finish the process so slowly.
I believe most cases are simple.
Yes, I ordered it 4 times already. It doesn't show any issues. If such exist, it isn't reflected in the notes.

devileater

Jul 26, 2014
ip000073 said:
Yes, I ordered it 4 times already. It doesn't show any issues. If such exist, it isn't reflected in the notes.
When I saw some applicants got pr in Nov I thought mine should be done soon. But until now, so many people are still waiting. Seems those people were lucky.

ip000073

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
devileater said:
When I saw some applicants got pr in Nov I thought mine should be done soon. But until now, so many people are still waiting. Seems those people were lucky.
I guess, single people, young people, people with no much travel history would get PR sooner as background check supposed to be faster.