Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
blueguitar1012 said:
`thanks Iay... So il get nalang a form in their website and then take the medical exam? then submit it in Manila Office?

Its confusing kase at first... some says wait for their advice....Thanks for the information.. nway, we already pass our application and its in Manila for processing..My husband got a letter from CIC for approval of sponsorship...April 17 2013. They recieved our application last March 25,2013.

In their website this is the Instructions"

Medical Examination Instructions
Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office.

Validity
You can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination.
Kung nasubmit mo na ang app mo sis, then kailangan mo nlng hintayin na I-request ka nila for medical.
Yung advice ko na magpamedical before mag-submit is good para sa mga hindi pa nakakapagpasa.

But anyway, I hope CEM will move faster and so we can get our PPR soon, and you get your medical request soon :)

Oooops. I actually wrote in tagalog :D

kjocson18

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
19-03-2013(Saying app was received 08-03-2013)
File Transfer...
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
27-01-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
ASAP?
LANDED..........
ASAP?
blueguitar1012 said:
`thanks Iay... So il get nalang a form in their website and then take the medical exam? then submit it in Manila Office?

Its confusing kase at first... some says wait for their advice....Thanks for the information.. nway, we already pass our application and its in Manila for processing..My husband got a letter from CIC for approval of sponsorship...April 17 2013. They recieved our application last March 25,2013.

In their website this is the Instructions"

Medical Examination Instructions

Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office.

Validity
You can only use your examination results in your application for 12 months from when you had the examination. If you are not admitted to Canada as a permanent resident within this time, you will be required to undergo another examination.
You don't need any forms to take your medical exam. The hospital will give you the form that proves you took the medical exam. If you don't get a phone call from them in a week, They'll then send your medical directly to the embassy.

kjocson18

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
19-03-2013(Saying app was received 08-03-2013)
File Transfer...
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
27-01-2013
Passport Req..
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
ASAP?
LANDED..........
ASAP?
ma.vaneandrade said:
Thanks a lot for your answers! it helps a lot.. where can I get the form for the medical examination? Coz its not available on cic website. Sorry if I have alot of questions, coz its really different when my mom sponsored us few years ago.. A lot of things changed.
You don't need any forms to take a medical examination. The physician has all the forms. They'll give you a form that proves you took the medical exam, which you'll send along with your app kits. The actual medical exam results will be sent to the embassy by the hospital, if all goes well. Hope my response helps clear things out.

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
23-April-2013 AOR From Visa Office 7-May-2013
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
KKMoe said:
Hi Everyone,
we have just received our SA ;D ;D ;D wow, this was fast. (after yesterday's AOR...)
Have a nice weekend!!
congrasss!!!!!

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
Just a quick question for you March applicants (hubby and I are under the March spreadsheet) ECAS says "Application Received" but we never received an e-mail telling us we had AOR (either that or we deleted it accidentally) am I correct in assuming that the "Application Received" status on ECAS means we have AOR?

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
23-April-2013 AOR From Visa Office 7-May-2013
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
Mrs_Canuck said:
Just a quick question for you March applicants (hubby and I are under the March spreadsheet) ECAS says "Application Received" but we never received an e-mail telling us we had AOR (either that or we deleted it accidentally) am I correct in assuming that the "Application Received" status on ECAS means we have AOR?
some people never received the AOR,only the SA LETTER OR EMAIL, but dont worry about AOR ,as long as they received your application which they did you are save, AOR is nothing but that acknowlegdment of reciept

NicAnn

Oct 9, 2012
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
March 24 2013
AOR Received.
April 17 2013
File Transfer...
April 22 2013
Med's Request
extended 1 yr
Med's Done....
Dec 15 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Jan 21, 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 2nd, 2014 EH! :-D
Mrs_Canuck said:
It might have gone to spam folder. Be sure to try checking there too.

...............on second thought, I see on another thread you already do that ;)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
mr.peace said:
Hi! I have already checked my ecas using the UCI, but didn't know that the file number is for the sponsored person. Just now I tried the file number, and it worked. Thanks for the information. And by the way, I am the one sponsored but I managed the whole sponsorship process from filling-up the forms, gathering documents, and sending the application - and checking emails :D
Almost like me! I am the sponsor and I did everything myself! Happened to be the comp geek of the partnership hehehe!

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
hello! I am just wondering how were you able to check ecas when it needs a uci number which we get from the AOR email but you said you did not receive that email? What did you use to access ecas?

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
How would they check the applications? Would they call our family, employer or the references included in the applications? Would they call the sponsor even if he is in an opposite time zone with mississauga? How would they check if the photos are genuine and not edited? So many questions in my mind now ::)

ellejocson

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
19-03-2013
File Transfer...
05-04-2013
Med's Done....
27-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013, DM 08-11-2013
LANDED..........
Soon please!
ma.vaneandrade said:
Hi guys! I'am new here.. hope u can help me with my questions regarding sa spousal sponsorship. Landed immigrant po ako and wanted to sponsor my husband back home,we just get married last FEB. And now we're gathering all the requirements needed. so here are my questions:
1.Do my husband need to go for medical examination prior to sending our application or the immigration will request for that later on?..and where can I get a copy of Medical Report - Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017)?
2.My name back home is Ma.Vanessa as stated in my birth certificate,passport,marriage certificate etc. but when I came here in Canada they change it automatically from "MA." to "MARIA" as shown in my visa,PR,OHIP,SIN etc.. So I'm confused if do I need to follow my name on my passport or PR card when filling out my applications?
3.Is it ok if we just print and fill out the application forms by hand?.. Or we need to fill it out using adobe?
Sorry guys if I have too much questions, I'am so confused. coz when my mom sponsored us before it is really in a different way. I'm hoping for ur response guys.. Thank you so much!
Hello. :) Here are my answers to your questions.

1. Yes you need to have a Medical Exam right before you send the application. It must be included in your application kit and it is also written in the checklist. You must complete the checklist before sending it to avoid delays. :D
As for IMM 1017, you can print out Appendix C. You can find it online. You can google appendix C.

You wouldn't get the form IMM1017 right away. As soon as you have scheduled your medical examination. You will have to bring Appendix C. Then as soon as your husband have finished the medical exam. After the tests and results they will give you the form. That would now be FORM IMM1017 with the client biodata. That's the form he'll include as medical exam in the app kit.

I advise you to have the medical examination last since it has an expiration date. You can check St. Lukes Extension Clinic for the required docs needed and fees as well.

Sadly I can't answer question number 2 since. But I think it is automatic because MA is not acceptable as a name in Canada.

3. Yes it is okay to print and fill out the application form by hand. It would be your choice. But for me it is easier by hand. I advise you to have a draft first in filling out forms. To avoid re-writing all over again if you happen to make mistakes. Lastly you can check the guides in filling out the application form on cic website.

Hope this helps and Good luck! ;D ;D ;D

Mrs_Canuck

Jan 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/04/2013
AOR Received.
16/04/2013
Med's Done....
08/03/2013
LANDED..........
12/03/2014
mr.peace said:
hello! I am just wondering how were you able to check ecas when it needs a uci number which we get from the AOR email but you said you did not receive that email? What did you use to access ecas?
My husband has a client number (which we can use under Client ID or UCI number) from his work permit and previous study permits, etc. He's already in the system.

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
Mrs_Canuck said:
My husband has a client number (which we can use under Client ID or UCI number) from his work permit and previous study permits, etc. He's already in the system.
Upon reading this, I hurriedly checked my wife's UCI when she filed for a change in family name into mine sometime in 2011, and yes the UCI is the same as the one sent when we received the AOR. But I think you cannot use the UCI after a certain period once decision was made. I have tried to access ecas using the UCI immediately after we received it days ago, but it wasn't working.

Oct 18, 2012
Thanks Iay for all the info. :-* :D ;D...and for all the replies.. And to all whose still compiling all the requirements goodluck to guys.. You can do it all! As for me we just did by ourselves u have to read all the instructions in ther website....watch the video also for the instruction guide it really helps... reading this forum also help me a lot.....some peopple have to pay a lot ..my friend paid Php5000 dollars for "The Use of a Representative"... I think u dont have to pay that much...u guys can do it by urselves just read and read and study everything ,gather all the requirements.

Lets all help each other for further questions.. Big Love to all the Replies and taking time to answer every single questions in here.!
And for those still waiting.... patience is a virtue...i know its quite hard being left behid by our Spouse/Fanily..its frustrating at times..
I think the CIC is doing better...after sending our application the approved my husbands Sponsorship for me w/in 22 days only. So i guess is good news..Keep on Praying everyone.!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
blueguitar1012 said:
Thanks Iay for all the info. :-* :D ;D...and for all the replies.. And to all whose still compiling all the requirements goodluck to guys.. You can do it all! As for me we just did by ourselves u have to read all the instructions in ther website....watch the video also for the instruction guide it really helps... reading this forum also help me a lot.....some peopple have to pay a lot ..my friend paid Php5000 dollars for "The Use of a Representative"... I think u dont have to pay that much...u guys can do it by urselves just read and read and study everything ,gather all the requirements.

Lets all help each other for further questions.. Big Love to all the Replies and taking time to answer every single questions in here.!
And for those still waiting.... patience is a virtue...i know its quite hard being left behid by our Spouse/Fanily..its frustrating at times..
I think the CIC is doing better...after sending our application the approved my husbands Sponsorship for me w/in 22 days only. So i guess is good news..Keep on Praying everyone.!
You're welcome sis.
Let's keep knocking on heaven's door that CEM would move faster in the next months :)

All the best to our apps! :)