March 2011 applicants

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
Thalia said:
Hey spicysank!
That's great great news!!!!! Congratzzzz Hope we go in process soon!
Right now I'm on vacation, so not much online and not much checking my e-cas! :O
Who knows, maybe it will change by the time I come back.
kisses
Thanks Thalia same to you too lets hope to land together...

Spicysank

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
Thalia said:
Hey spicysank!
That's great great news!!!!! Congratzzzz Hope we go in process soon!
Right now I'm on vacation, so not much online and not much checking my e-cas! :O
Who knows, maybe it will change by the time I come back.
kisses
Congratulations spicysank...

And Thalia will I get the same when (if) I get my 2nd AOR?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
GUYS I AM SHOCKED :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just received an email from CIO and my application is rejected due to insufficient experience points.

I have 1 year + 3 years experience in Cooking but in the email the immigration officer says;

"You were assigned 15 points for 1 year(s) work experience. The point assignment is based upon evidence of work experience with Hotel ________________________ as a full time cook. No additional points were assigned for work experience with Hotel ____________ Ltd as sufficient evidence was not provided to satisfy me that you performed the duties of NOC 6242 (Employment letter did provide your duties)."

Now I do not understand why he did not give me points for 3 years of experience which was later than my 1 year of first experience. For my 1st year of experience I did not provide Contract letter, I only provided Reference letter.
And for my 3 years Experience I Provided both Contract and Latest Reference letter. And this experience was in a prestigious and bigger hotel with a lot of duties and responsibilities.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

NLB

Program Support Officer

Immigration Section

Case Processing Centre

Sydney, Nova Scotia

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
Guys please tell me what should I do!!!!!!!

shah0207

May 8, 2011
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
AOR Received.
NO
wicky said:
Guys please tell me what should I do!!!!!!!
Wicky really a very sad news for you, but dont be disheart you still have an option to reapply again once you enough experience and gain maximum points.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Wicky,
DId u actullay get PER by email previously?
I guess not, otherwise CIO would never issue NER after sending PER :eek:
I think it's your E-cas, form which you got an idea that you received PER, all these months your application was actually under review at CIO..."E-cas" could be erratic
As per my understanding CIO didn't award you points for 3 years work exp since the duties you mentioned as a cook in your exp letters didnt match with the duties mentioned in NOC website.
There is nothing u can do now...apply again this year

good luck
Dr.Hasib

wicky said:

I just received an email from CIO and my application is rejected due to insufficient experience points.

I have 1 year + 3 years experience in Cooking but in the email the immigration officer says;

"You were assigned 15 points for 1 year(s) work experience. The point assignment is based upon evidence of work experience with Hotel ________________________ as a full time cook. No additional points were assigned for work experience with Hotel ____________ Ltd as sufficient evidence was not provided to satisfy me that you performed the duties of NOC 6242 (Employment letter did provide your duties)."

Now I do not understand why he did not give me points for 3 years of experience which was later than my 1 year of first experience. For my 1st year of experience I did not provide Contract letter, I only provided Reference letter.
And for my 3 years Experience I Provided both Contract and Latest Reference letter. And this experience was in a prestigious and bigger hotel with a lot of duties and responsibilities.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

NLB

Program Support Officer

Immigration Section

Case Processing Centre

Sydney, Nova Scotia

REYNOLD

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-11
File Transfer...
06-06-11
Med's Request
03-06-11
Med's Done....
03-07-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-08-11
VISA ISSUED...
25-08-11
LANDED..........
Soon in Vancouver
I feel sorry for you Wicky, i know you might hve felt more comfortable in getting the enouhg points to pass because of your three years experience...its really dishearthening especially if we know that we could be viably pass the assessment...anyways life must go on...as wht the others have said...better gain more experience that is really related to the one their looking for...regarding your reference letter particularly the one in three years period...have u informed the person signing, that a VO officer might call him/her to inquire about your work experience? sesond, does the job descriptions in the reference letter you gave really aligns with the one in NOC Job Description?...

wicky said:

NLB

Program Support Officer

Immigration Section

Case Processing Centre

Sydney, Nova Scotia

zeenat imran

Apr 11, 2011
shah0207 said:
Wicky really a very sad news for you, but dont be disheart you still have an option to reapply again once you enough experience and gain maximum points.
re apply wicky with clerified job description.dont disheart.

spyder2011

Feb 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2011 (PER : 06-05-2011)
AOR Received.
27-06-2011 (through snail mail)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
08-12-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM - (23-03-2012) got PP back on 26-03-2012
LANDED..........
landed in November 2012
Dr.Hasib said:
Wicky,
DId u actullay get PER by email previously?
I guess not, otherwise CIO would never issue NER after sending PER :eek:
I think it's your E-cas, form which you got an idea that you received PER, all these months your application was actually under review at CIO..."E-cas" could be erratic
As per my understanding CIO didn't award you points for 3 years work exp since the duties you mentioned as a cook in your exp letters didnt match with the duties mentioned in NOC website.
There is nothing u can do now...apply again this year

good luck
Dr.Hasib
Wicky, I am really feeling bad for you but I am getting same question in my mind as Dr Hasib is! Did you received your PER by e-mail?

Don't loose the heart! there are many cases where people have applied 2nd and 3rd time and landed in canada!

Good luck,
-spyder

Thalia

Mar 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2011
AOR Received.
27 April 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO: 4 June 2011
Med's Request
11 June 2012
Med's Done....
26 June 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7 September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
11 October 2012
LANDED..........
13 May 2013
Oh, wicky.....
so sorry to read this. And how unfair.
Apparently they approved more the duties described on your first letter. Don't know if you should appeal (if it has higher chances or if it doesn't take much time) or better to re apply. But this time, the second letter should look more alike the first as they seem to accept it. But still, now they will keep a copy of your application... grrrr... I really have no clue....
so sad.... :(

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
Thank you all guys for your support and advices and comments.

It was an unfair decision.

My 2nd job had all the duties as required by the NOC. But the only difference is it (duties) was not mentioned on the Reference Letter, But on the Contract/ Employment Letter. I cannot ask my employer to write what exactly I want, I gave them CIO guidance form and they gave me the Reference Letter. I had the copy of my old Contract Letter which had all the bits and pieces of NOC "not exactly the same".
So this means I provided them all the evidence by providing Reference letter (New) and Contract Letter (Old) with notarized stamps and current dates.

Both of them were signed by the M.D of the Hotel, so there is no way that I have not performed any of the duties. Or in other words they do not meet the requirements. I am a very good (tasty) cook.

I am never ever going to apply again. Because you all guys know how it is like. And on top of that I am in London and to reapply I have to go back to Pakistan as my wife is in Pakistan.

I am going to fax them a letter soon with the copies of my experience letters and references.

And still if not, Good bye Canada. I have gone through the process of how NER feels like yesterday and I am not going to afford/ bear any more hopes and bad results.

Thank you all guys for your support and help.
And all the best to you all.

Wicky

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
wicky said:
[/color][/b]
I am never ever going to apply again. Because you all guys know how it is like. And on top of that I am in London and to reapply I have to go back to Pakistan as my wife is in Pakistan.

I am going to fax them a letter soon with the copies of my experience letters and references.

And still if not, Good bye Canada. I have gone through the process of how NER feels like yesterday and I am not going to afford/ bear any more hopes and bad results.

Thank you all guys for your support and help.
And all the best to you all.

Wicky
ABSOLUTELY NOT...You should wait for the application to come back. Get a new Work Exp certificate and re-apply. C'mon man, dont loose heart. These things happen. You dont need other documents as they will be in your returned package. And you also dont have to worry about the CAP as previously there were not many candidates for your NOC. SO CHIN UP BUDDY :)

TIP...Sleep over it, and you will have a different perspective tomorrow.

doctorahmed

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
salamoalikum
i am dr ahmed from egypt
could u plz tell me it is good or bad sign not to receive the file number till now(120 days have been passed since they encashed my credit card)
they encashed my cc in second of march but till now now news
i am worry now
can anyone advice
thanks

deby

Star Member
Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
wicky said:
:( I am shocked too. I don't know what to say. I supose that every officer has their own opinion and may be if you appeal another officer will have a different opinion. My heart shrinked when I read your post. I was so happy as the medical forms came with the request of PCC by post this morning. But know I simpatize with your case and my happiness is clouded with your sadness.
I just hope that your final thought will be the best for you and your family.
My best wishes.
Deby