+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MANITOBA PNP IMMIGRANT - Lets discuss implications for Citizenship

MFBHATTI

Jul 21, 2011
Hi guys,

We recently moved to manitoba under PNP family like friend stream. I am finding it hard to get the relevant job of OIL & GAS sector. However, i have some hopes to get such job in Alberta. Can it affect to our Citizenship application, if i stay out of province for the sake of job, however, my family maintain residency in manitoba.

What is the best bet to keep things straight and doing job in any other province. I feel that its the burning question in town as new immigrants are finding difficulties in getting the professional jobs in Manitoba.

An open discussion on this topic will help people in understanding the any possible difficulties which can affect the Citizenship process in future.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship is federal and PNP is provincial. The two are not connected. MPNP has you sign a document stating that you intend to settle in MB. As long as this is true when you land, there are no other obligations. There is no minimum time you must stay in MB. In case somebody ever asks you why you left, you simply say that you could not find a decent job in MB but you found one in AB. Simple as that.

However, I can not remember if it is MPNP or SINP, but one of them will not allow your sponsor to sponsor anyone else if the people they sponsored earlier have not stayed in the province. If your friends who sponsored you were planning and looking forward to sponsoring other friends or family members, they will not like you very much if you leaving means that they can't.

Talk to the PNP, ask some hypothetical questions and see what they say.

MFBHATTI

Jul 21, 2011
Leon, thanks for your response. I have heard some rumor about unnecessary delays in citizenship, in case the person has not established the residency for right amount of time in Manitoba. May be province can influence federal's decision regarding citizenship, keeping in view the record of the candidate. However, i have not found any prescribed time limit on any of the manitoba immigration websites, in black and white.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A rumour is a rumour and should not be believed until there is evidence. Citizenship applications are delayed for all kinds of stupid reasons all the time. My own application took 2.5 years at a time when the average in that area was more like 1 year. I was never asked for additional documents and I have no idea why it took so long. In fact, I have an idea that they lost it behind a cabinet and found again during spring cleaning a year later or something like that but I don't think I will ever know nor do I care. With a PR, you can live in Canada and work so there is no urgency in getting citizenship that fast.

MFBHATTI

Jul 21, 2011
hahha. So, may be when applications get delayed, people try to figure out possible causes and relate the delay with such instances. Anyway, lets welcome people to share their experiences for the benifit of others.

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Dear All,
I am Pakistani, working in Dubai (UAE) as Civil Engineer since two years. I have five years of experience in my field. I applied for MPNP in Oct 2010. I got LOA in April 2011 mentioning date of expiry in Oct 2011. I am applying for visa process in Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy as stated in LOA before the first week of August 2011. I am going to be married in coming September 2011. I have to ask your expert advice over my wife case how I can include her case while my application will be under process after getting marriage. Secondly I am planning to go back to Pakistan in December 2011 to join my Masters Degree in Environmental Engineering from Karachi. For this I will leave my current job from Dubai. I have no idea would I be able to get job in Karachi as per unpredicted economic situation in Pakistan. How would it affect on my case from Abu Dhabi Embassy. Please give your expert advice in such case what should I do? Is M.Engg. (Environmental) will be help full in Manitoba.

Please visit the post: Manitoba Provicinal Nominee Program -Your Expert Advice Needed

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You must notify your processing visa office that you got married as soon as you do. Fill out all the forms added because of your wife and fill out again all of your forms that have changed because of your wife. Also make the payment for your wife. Send all of that to the processing visa office with a cover letter stating that you want to add your wife to your application.

MFBHATTI

Jul 21, 2011
Rightly stated by Leon. I think when you send your application to Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi for Visa processing, you can mention your tentative date of getting married and can also add her document in your application before the expiry of your LOA in october. Moreover, it would be better to submit application of your wife alongwith you, if any legal document is available now.

Also, i would say that its better to do Masters from manitoba, if you are planning to come here in near future.

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Thank you ( Leon & MFBhatti) for your kind advices...

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
I found this notice on the below website (reference http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp) Notice that they have issued New form for PR application on 18th July 2011. Please check the below link and advice me to fill this form or the old one?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-permanent.asp

Please let me know everybody using these new forms for PR application dated (07-2011) E or (04-2009) E. Also advice me for this.

I am applying for Family Support Skilled worker MPNP i got LOA, now submitting application for PR. Please have anybody already applied what is the total fee in CAD. I found this

Skilled Worker, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Quebec-selected
Applicant: $550 (processing fee) + $490 (Right of Permanent Resident Fee - RPRF) $1040

Is it right fee> Can Anyone guide me in this matter here who already submitted the fees to Abu dhabi this year.

Regards,

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Re: MANITOBA PNP IMMIGRANT - Lets discuss all the streams.

Fellow Forumites,

Happy New Year.

Can we discuss all the streams here and the way forward?

You contribution would be appreciated.

Cheers

MYSTERY MAN

Jul 22, 2011
Why taking risk! There could be any respective condition restricting Provincial Nominee to depart to another Province even if it's for the sake of a Job. What about their Provincial Economic Development. The Main reason I think is to get people in Manitoba- who are genuinely willing to stay and work in Manitoba. I think it will be a kind of risk to go to another Province even at any cost! So Don't leave Manitoba!

courageous

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Dear Leon,
I would like to say that if go to Manitoba and apply for pnp as i completed 6 months course of welding
and six months course of plumbing.Ielts with 5 bands A1 and A2 French language.I got TRV and returned
in due date not over stay ,as i eligible for mutiple entery.
Thus,there are how many chances to succeed?
On the othere hand,it is difficult to get job offer,but not impossible.
please MR.Leon explain.
Thanks