+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Visa Office?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
This is purely for Philippine nationals. I may have mistakenly been assuming that you are a fellow Filipino.

CFO: Commission for Filipinos Overseas
all Filipinos who are emigrating from the country or going abroad on foreign work visa are required to register with the Commission.

PDOS: (Philippine) Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar
very detailed 1-day seminar on life in the country the Filipino will Emigrate to. PDOS seminars are tailor-fit to the country of destination so those bound for the US will be given a different seminar from those bound for Europe, NZ or Australia, and Canada.
Thank you for that again. My partner is Filipino, although she has not worked in the Philippines for years.. we will have a look!

angelistamaria

Jul 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
Thank you for that again. My partner is Filipino, although she has not worked in the Philippines for years.. we will have a look!
If she is still a Philippine Citizen and Philippine passport holder, she may need to register. If she is going with you to Canada and gains PR status, she may be barred from leaving the Philippines should she visit if her Philippine passport is not stamped with the "PDOS sticker" even if she has a Canadian PR card. I am not sure of this-- try to contact the CFO (they apparently reply fast if you send them a message via their facebook site).

Good luck!

Reactions: mattjp1

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Reactions: superspecial90

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi there!

Just received my PPR today. I hear Manila Visa Office was slow... I'm really impressed with their speed!

May I ask you please, where did you go to get your photos clicked as per IRCC specifications? One shop close to Yokohama Yodobashi seems to do it but not really sure since they don't speak much English.
hey! congratulations! how long did you have to wait to receive the PPR?

I went to 55 station (pallet plaza) http://www.80210.com/

they have this "premium ID photo" service (1,728yen for 2 pcs of photo + CD copy). they can customize the photo/image size based on the photo specs in the PPR letter. the photographer also wrote all the necessary info at the back of our photos.

there is 1 branch near the VFS office, about 3 mins walk from VFS going to Daimon Station.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
hey! congratulations! how long did you have to wait to receive the PPR?

I went to 55 station (pallet plaza) http://www.80210.com/

they have this "premium ID photo" service (1,728yen for 2 pcs of photo + CD copy). they can customize the photo/image size based on the photo specs in the PPR letter. the photographer also wrote all the necessary info at the back of our photos.

there is 1 branch near the VFS office, about 3 mins walk from VFS going to Daimon Station.
Thank for that Liz. It took only 3 days from IP2, a bit less than 3 months from AOR.

Did they speak English at this shop?

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Thank for that Liz. It took only 3 days from IP2, a bit less than 3 months from AOR.

Congratulations!
I got my photos taken in one of the machines.
All I did was write the names behind each photo.
They did not bother about photographers information.

Well, if you are impressed by the speed of Manila VAC, be prepared to be amazed by the speed of VFS+MVAC.
You will get your passport back within 7-10 days!

Reactions: liz2017

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Congratulations!

Well, if you are impressed by the speed of Manila VAC, be prepared to be amazed by the speed of VFS+MVAC.
So the machine can give you photos that correspond to CIC specs? What's MVAC?

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
So the machine can give you photos that correspond to CIC specs? What's MVAC?
The photo has to be 50X70mm in size and most machines do have the option to take photos of this size.
As long as your face is right in the middle (you can adjust it after taking the photo), its good!
MVAC is short for Manila Visa Application Center!

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
The photo has to be 50X70mm in size and most machines do have the option to take photos of this size.
As long as your face is right in the middle (you can adjust it after taking the photo), its good!
MVAC is short for Manila Visa Application Center!
Thanks a lot - did you already get your passport back?

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Congratulations!

True, surprisingly fast!
I submitted my passport Nov 1st and VFS Tokyo received it back Nov 6th, available for collection the same day.

liz2017

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront

no, unfortunately no English speaking staff at this shop....
but just show them the photo specs, they will understand the measurements required...