waived
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 15, 2012
LANDED..........
Already in Alberta Canada but will exit to Montana US on March 30, 2012
vpct said:
hi everyone! i have a dilemma now which i hope you can be of help. we are about to send our passport for visa stamping to the Canadian embassy in Manila. i am the principal applicant but my passport, which i used for my application, is still in my maiden name but my marital status is already married in my application. i just used my maiden name for the application because that is what was in my passport at the time i applied. my Philippine passport will expire exactly 6 months from the time of our due landing in Canada.

my question is: should i renew my passport here in Manila and have it changed to my married name already before submitting it to the embassy or should i wait for the visa first and then have my passport renewed still in Manila? will they consider it a discrepancy if the visa issued is in my maiden name but my new passport is in my married name? will i be questioned for that upon arrival? the critical issue with this option of renewing my passport first and changing to my married name is that issuance of a new passport do take some time here in the Philippines and the embassy has given me only 45 days to submit my passport for visa stamping.

another option for me is to just renew my passport in the philippine embassy in toronto. however, since my PR card and visa is still in my maiden name will i have problems transacting (such as finding work, buying a house, opening a bank account, applying for a credit card, applying for the canadian medical exam, enrolling my child in school, buying a car) in canada?

thanks a lot and i do hope i get a quick response from all of you. my family and i are planning to fly to Canada already on July.
Hello, We got the same situation and I just had our passport picked up last Monday. I am the prinicipal applicant and my last name is still my maiden name since the passport was not renewed when I applied for PR but am already married at that time. I called the immigration 2 years ago even before We submitted out initial Application for PR and they said, there shouldn't be any problem with that since I already declared my Married status and also started using my husband's name on some other documents, except the passport and in the PR application. Any woman is entitled to choose kc whether she wants to use her husband's name or not. I suggest you have your passport picked up now before it's too late to reach the 6 months validity of it. A passport renewal in the philippines usually take 4 months now and by that time, you won't be able to comply to the 45 days maximum allowance for us to submit our PPs. And if you go over the entire letter of the PPR, you will see a portion in there that says, the expiry of your visa (which is one year from the date of your medical exam) if you're not able to reach canada before that day , it means you have to go back from square one. All processing fees, documents and the waiting... and you don't wanna go over that all over again. Once you reach Canada, you can renew your passport here, at Vancouver. I have done that once and it is very easy as long as you have your NSO marriage certificate this time you can carry your husbands name, it will only take 45 days to expedite your PP and it's only $55 so don't worry about renewing your passport now, what is important is to eneter Canada before your visa expires. If they issue your visa for example, July 2012, because you decided to renew it) they will not count 6 months from there, If you did your medicals on august, they will for sure give you a visa that will expire august. Hehe hope you understood how I explained it. And If you need some info about renewing your passport in Vancouver, you can contact me for assistance, I know how to do it since I've been here for almost 4 years now. Have a good day! May God guide you on coming up with your decision on this!

karendeyan

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Fort McMurray Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 23, 2010
Doc's Request.
july 23, 2010
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
July 28, 2010
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
October 13, 2010
Med's Request
July 17, 2011
Med's Done....
August 18, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 15, 2012
LANDED..........
Already in Alberta Canada but will exit to Montana US on March 30, 2012
jangong said:
guys, sa mga nakaalis na or papaalis pa lang, ano po mga preparations na ginawa nyo aside from selling those that need to be disposed? ano po mga documents at mga assessments ginawa nyo? accountant and engineer pair po kami ni hubby.

thank you po...
Hi janggong, welcome to the thread, yehey nandito na tyo sa wakas. right now, my hubby is preparing to come here in Canada na din habang nag-aantay ng passport with the visa. so far ang preparation lang na mtrabaho is buying the stuff na for sure na dimo mahahanap dito at cgurdong mamiss nyong pamilya. It's important na rin to buy some clothings na pang lamig if you will land in two months time kc malamig parin dto although it depends kung saang city kayo mag se-settle.medyo mahal ang clothing dito kaya it's better to buy some in there that you can start with. also you can search for insurance company, ay oo nga pala, if you guys are driving there, and wanted to continuosly drive here withour immediately taking the written exam and the road test, just secure a document from LTO and have it DFA certified for an iternational license, In that way, pwede na kyong magpractice agad on the road, kc dito kung wla ka pang Learners license, you cannot practice or even take a drving class kung wla un, para makuha un kelangan pa ng written test muna maipasa which is for me hassle un kc una medyo ang exam kaya mag rereview at para sa isang kakarating, ang dami pang iniicp for the first 6 months here, so I suggest if you guys wanted to drive immediately, secure an iternational license. and if you wanted to jump from Learners license to a regular license(supposed to be 1 year pa ang wait nun) mashoshorten nyo un with the LTO document that says na you're been driving fro atleast two years in the philippines

M-jay

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
karendeyan said:
Hi janggong, welcome to the thread, yehey nandito na tyo sa wakas. right now, my hubby is preparing to come here in Canada na din habang nag-aantay ng passport with the visa. so far ang preparation lang na mtrabaho is buying the stuff na for sure na dimo mahahanap dito at cgurdong mamiss nyong pamilya. It's important na rin to buy some clothings na pang lamig if you will land in two months time kc malamig parin dto although it depends kung saang city kayo mag se-settle.medyo mahal ang clothing dito kaya it's better to buy some in there that you can start with. also you can search for insurance company, ay oo nga pala, if you guys are driving there, and wanted to continuosly drive here withour immediately taking the written exam and the road test, just secure a document from LTO and have it DFA certified for an iternational license, In that way, pwede na kyong magpractice agad on the road, kc dito kung wla ka pang Learners license, you cannot practice or even take a drving class kung wla un, para makuha un kelangan pa ng written test muna maipasa which is for me hassle un kc una medyo ang exam kaya mag rereview at para sa isang kakarating, ang dami pang iniicp for the first 6 months here, so I suggest if you guys wanted to drive immediately, secure an iternational license. and if you wanted to jump from Learners license to a regular license(supposed to be 1 year pa ang wait nun) mashoshorten nyo un with the LTO document that says na you're been driving fro atleast two years in the philippines
karendayen,
just want to ask, kc i just got license oct. 2011... non pro.. can i get international license instead? so i can drive right away and not wait for a yr..?
also, i got driving certificate for my husband & had it authenticated in DFA , should he get international license pa rin? has been driving for 10 yrs now...
what we heard kc is they do not honor the international license there specially in calgary???
thanks thanks!!!!
congrats in ur PPR, hopefully next week kmi na man na din... :)

67points

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
♪ ♫ ♪
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=red]January 2012 Praise GOD !!![/color][/move]
LANDED..........
03-2012 [color=blue][b]The EAGLE has landed![/b][/color]
M-jay said:
karendayen,
just want to ask, kc i just got license oct. 2011... non pro.. can i get international license instead? so i can drive right away and not wait for a yr..?
also, i got driving certificate for my husband & had it authenticated in DFA , should he get international license pa rin? has been driving for 10 yrs now...
what we heard kc is they do not honor the international license there specially in calgary???
thanks thanks!!!!
congrats in ur PPR, hopefully next week kmi na man na din... :)
No use daw ang IDL. Dapat kumuha ng LTO Cert then pa RR sa DFA, but should have 2 years driving experience here in PI para maka-exam agad ng Class 5 advance. Sa case mo kung Oct 2011 ka nagka license, i-credit nila no. of months mo kung kukuha ka din ng lto cert (RR) but still not enough, maybe Class 5 probationary allow nila sa iyo.

http://www.servicealberta.ca/1671.cfm#all_other_JM

M-jay

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
67points said:
No use daw ang IDL. Dapat kumuha ng LTO Cert then pa RR sa DFA, but should have 2 years driving experience here in PI para maka-exam agad ng Class 5 advance. Sa case mo kung Oct 2011 ka nagka license, i-credit nila no. of months mo kung kukuha ka din ng lto cert (RR) but still not enough, maybe Class 5 probationary allow nila sa iyo.

http://www.servicealberta.ca/1671.cfm#all_other_JM
thanks 67 points!!! ur hero member na talaga!! haha...
yeah i got cert. & RR sa DFA, sinabay ko na kc sa hubby ko.. but ilan lang nga na months un... yeah.. i wanna drive there.. parang na enjoy ko na kc ang driving.. dont want to be stocked in a yr na di nagda drive.. :(
what is class 5 proby... para kcing ung in law ko ganun.. less than a yr ang drivers license & he waited for a yr pa...
BUT THANKS FOR THE INFO.. AT LEAST DI NA KAMI KUKUHA NG IDL... THANKS THANKS!!!!

67points

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
♪ ♫ ♪
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
M-jay said:
yeah i got cert. & RR sa DFA, sinabay ko na kc sa hubby ko.. but ilan lang nga na months un... yeah.. i wanna drive there.. parang na enjoy ko na kc ang driving.. dont want to be stocked in a yr na di nagda drive.. :(
what is class 5 proby... para kcing ung in law ko ganun.. less than a yr ang drivers license & he waited for a yr pa...
BUT THANKS FOR THE INFO.. AT LEAST DI NA KAMI KUKUHA NG IDL... THANKS THANKS!!!!
Most probably you will start from the bottom. 3 year program kasi maging fully licensed driver sa Calgary. Class 7 (1yr w/ restrictions eg. can't drive w/o a Class 5 advance companion, can't drive from 12am-5am), Class 5 proby (2yrs still with restrictions but now allowed w/o a Class 5 advance companion), Class 5 Advance (fully licensed driver ka na)..Read the link I provide for more detailed information ;)

faithmd

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2011
AOR Received.
PER: July 5, 2011
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
2nd AOR: July 27, 2011; in process (ecas): Aug. 1, 2011
Med's Request
received on Aug. 5, 2011
Med's Done....
Aug. 9, 2011
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 10, 2012
hi guys! decision made na ecas ko yesterday.. sana next week visa na :D

annegel

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-april 2010
AOR Received.
17-september-2010
IELTS Request
included in the requested original docs
Med's Request
07-20-2011
Med's Done....
08-20-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
God will give the date......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
faithmd said:
hi guys! decision made na ecas ko yesterday.. sana next week visa na :D
wow congrats check ko nga din ecas ko hahaha...

FRITZIE

Sep 7, 2011
M-jay said:
hello m-jay.. i want to ask if what's the meaning of "RR" sa DFA? because we're planning to get LTO Certificate & authenticate ba yung sa DFA?

Thanks m-jay..

vpct

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2011
AOR Received.
May 2011
Med's Request
August 3, 2011
Med's Done....
August 26, 2011
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 15, 2012
karendeyan said:
Hello, We got the same situation and I just had our passport picked up last Monday. I am the prinicipal applicant and my last name is still my maiden name since the passport was not renewed when I applied for PR but am already married at that time. I called the immigration 2 years ago even before We submitted out initial Application for PR and they said, there shouldn't be any problem with that since I already declared my Married status and also started using my husband's name on some other documents, except the passport and in the PR application. Any woman is entitled to choose kc whether she wants to use her husband's name or not. I suggest you have your passport picked up now before it's too late to reach the 6 months validity of it. A passport renewal in the philippines usually take 4 months now and by that time, you won't be able to comply to the 45 days maximum allowance for us to submit our PPs. And if you go over the entire letter of the PPR, you will see a portion in there that says, the expiry of your visa (which is one year from the date of your medical exam) if you're not able to reach canada before that day , it means you have to go back from square one. All processing fees, documents and the waiting... and you don't wanna go over that all over again. Once you reach Canada, you can renew your passport here, at Vancouver. I have done that once and it is very easy as long as you have your NSO marriage certificate this time you can carry your husbands name, it will only take 45 days to expedite your PP and it's only $55 so don't worry about renewing your passport now, what is important is to eneter Canada before your visa expires. If they issue your visa for example, July 2012, because you decided to renew it) they will not count 6 months from there, If you did your medicals on august, they will for sure give you a visa that will expire august. Hehe hope you understood how I explained it. And If you need some info about renewing your passport in Vancouver, you can contact me for assistance, I know how to do it since I've been here for almost 4 years now. Have a good day! May God guide you on coming up with your decision on this!
thanks karendeyan for sharing your experience!:) very helpful. yes, we decided to just renew my passport in toronto. i am bound for toronto kasi. i also did some research and for my PR card to have it in my married name i just have to present supporting documents which is my marriage certificate, so no problem with that. my initial thinking kasi was baka magkaproblem when i open a bank account or apply for health insurance and credit card if my PR card would still be in my maiden name. pwede naman pala i-change yung name for the PR card, so mejo nakahinga ako:)
thanks again! do share your other experience when you arrive please. kami ng family ko we will be landing on there on july

67points

Jun 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011
AOR Received.
30-09-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
09-11-2011
Med's Done....
♪ ♫ ♪
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FRITZIE said:
hello m-jay.. i want to ask if what's the meaning of "RR" sa DFA? because we're planning to get LTO Certificate & authenticate ba yung sa DFA?

Thanks m-jay..
RR means 'Red Ribboned'. The informal term used for 'Authenticated' document

ickodothy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2010
AOR Received.
February 8, 2011
IELTS Request
February 8, 2011
File Transfer...
April 29, 2011
Med's Request
August 29, 2011
Med's Done....
September 21, 2011
Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
FRITZIE said:
Thank you so much 67points...
Hi guys! Lipat na ko dito sa thread na to.. We have just received our PPR this morning. :p Praise be to God! :D We'll be sending our passports tomorrow. Question lang po for those who already sent their passports at sa mga nakareceive na ng visa, Ano po yung exact address na pinagsendan nyo ng passport? Confused kasi ako sa address na nasa PPR email,

Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

or

Embassy of Canada, Visa Section / Unit B
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1226
Philippines

Magka-iba kasi yung Zip code na nasa tabi ng Makati City. Ano po ba tamang gamitin? help naman po. Thanks... God Bless us alL! ;)

Big Mike

Feb 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ickodothy said:
Hi guys! Lipat na ko dito sa thread na to.. We have just received our PPR this morning. :p Praise be to God! :D We'll be sending our passports tomorrow. Question lang po for those who already sent their passports at sa mga nakareceive na ng visa, Ano po yung exact address na pinagsendan nyo ng passport? Confused kasi ako sa address na nasa PPR email,

6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines

or

6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1226
Philippines

Magka-iba kasi yung Zip code na nasa tabi ng Makati City. Ano po ba tamang gamitin? help naman po. Thanks... God Bless us alL! ;)
Dito.. eto ung nasa address kung san pinapaaddress ung courier.

6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1226
Philippines

hth

BM