+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Making a direct email inquiry to the local IRCC processing centre

Voxx_O_xxoV

Sep 25, 2021
Hello folks,
I wonder if anyone sent a direct email to the local IRCC processing centre?
I hope to send an email regarding my application status but first, wanna know if I should set the tone of the inquiry neat and straightforward or delicate and appealing?
And it's my first time contacting IRCC for the current application though I am deadass worried that the processing agent finds it annoying and results in impacting the progress. I know I'm overthinking, just the anxiety wooooosh lol Would appreciate it if you could share your experience and result! Thankss

Reactions: QueenPeaches

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Hello folks,
I hope to send an email regarding my application status but first, wanna know if I should set the tone of the inquiry neat and straightforward or delicate and appealing?
And it's my first time contacting IRCC for the current application though I am deadass worried that the processing agent finds it annoying and results in impacting the progress. I know I'm overthinking, just the anxiety wooooosh lol Would appreciate it if you could share your experience and result! Thankss
A lot of people have had results using the 'delicate and appealing' tone, including someone I know personally. Try to appeal to the reader's emotions.

You might feel like it is their job and they have to do it, but until there is real transparency and accountability, there is not much you can do.

Your only concern in sending the email should be "what can I write to make my application go faster?"

Reactions: Voxx_O_xxoV

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hello folks,
I did. Twice. Both time, I used the emotional and humanitarian angle, since my request for expedited processing did not meet any of the urgent processing criteria. I say expedited, because I had already been waiting almost three years before I wrote to them. Request was denied. The second time, I wrote, their denial was a little terse, telling me if I really had a pressing need to travel and would be away for a longish period, I could let IRCC know and they would delay my oath. Both times, it had the same responder - Officer XYZ. Could be the same person, or someone manning that mailbox, I don't know.
So, tread with caution. In any case, corporate mails / letters should not be aggressive / passive aggressive in tone. I believe they should appeal to the softer side of the reader. You can perhaps achieve more that way. Not that it worked for me! LOL

Voxx_O_xxoV

Sep 25, 2021
A lot of people have had results using the 'delicate and appealing' tone, including someone I know personally. Try to appeal to the reader's emotions.

You might feel like it is their job and they have to do it, but until there is real transparency and accountability, there is not much you can do.

Your only concern in sending the email should be "what can I write to make my application go faster?"
Got it. Thank you so much for sharing!!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I would avoid it unless you have been waiting for 6+ months since the last step, and you have sent tons of webforms already. I would stick with webforms, the official means of communication.

Voxx_O_xxoV

Sep 25, 2021
I did. Twice. Both time, I used the emotional and humanitarian angle, since my request for expedited processing did not meet any of the urgent processing criteria. I say expedited, because I had already been waiting almost three years before I wrote to them. Request was denied. The second time, I wrote, their denial was a little terse, telling me if I really had a pressing need to travel and would be away for a longish period, I could let IRCC know and they would delay my oath. Both times, it had the same responder - Officer XYZ. Could be the same person, or someone manning that mailbox, I don't know.
So, tread with caution. In any case, corporate mails / letters should not be aggressive / passive aggressive in tone. I believe they should appeal to the softer side of the reader. You can perhaps achieve more that way. Not that it worked for me! LOL
Much appreciated! Too bad you had to write twice for dissatisfying results... so painful to hear. Hopefully you'll have your oath soon. Wish you the best luck!

Voxx_O_xxoV

Sep 25, 2021
I would avoid it unless you have been waiting for 6+ months since the last step, and you have sent tons of webforms already. I would stick with webforms, the official means of communication.
May I ask why it would be better to avoid writing an email? Simply would like to hear your reasons because I lack experience. And I have not sent a single webform yet. I didn't think contacting via webform is considered a priority?
Side note, I can't really trust webforms as I had bad experiences with IRCC several years ago. They neither responded to my requests via webform nor fixed the mistake they made. Eventually had to hire a lawyer to have my issue addressed/solved within a week lol

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
May I ask why it would be better to avoid writing an email? Simply would like to hear your reasons because I lack experience. And I have not sent a single webform yet. I didn't think contacting via webform is considered a priority?
Side note, I can't really trust webforms as I had bad experiences with IRCC several years ago. They neither responded to my requests via webform nor fixed the mistake they made. Eventually had to hire a lawyer to have my issue addressed/solved within a week lol
You would look pushy. Do you have a good reason to go around the webform?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Maybe sometimes a gentle push is required.
I wrote a snail mail as well. My request was denied, but my file moved locations within two weeks after hibernating for 18 months! Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. So if you can politely request for something, one should. What is the worst that will happen? They will deny your request or ignore; which they have been doing in any case.

Reactions: QueenPeaches

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
I tend to agree. IRCC says thay webform responders do not have access to any more information about your case more than what can be found in the tracker. So I’m not sure what purpose they really serve apart from sending boiler plate responses like ‘your file is under process”. The last response I reserved via webform said “delays… Covid”. The best part was that Covid was highlighted in red and then scratched out!
So, my faith in this official channel, is a little shaky.

Voxx_O_xxoV

Sep 25, 2021
Good point, that's what I wanted to avoid! However, regardless of my intentions, it would be the processing agent who decides whether I have a valid reason to contact them or not? :( Fingers crossed that IRCC finds my inquiry relevant enough. And thanks a lot for your response!

Voxx_O_xxoV

Sep 25, 2021
Do they even have web form agents working and replying to requests anymore? I think they transferred all of the workers to Ukraine crisis special form! https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis Mental health crisis because of IRCC probably does not qualify.
Yea I also figured so too. Afterall, it's only fair to have IRCC agents prioritize people in need the most. I guess I'll just stick to contacting via email then. Thank you for the news!!