+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAJOR DILEMMA !! University or College !?!? HELP!

Nishchay

Apr 20, 2019
Hi All ,

I am currently working as a senior software engineer and have 3.3 Years of Work Experience.

I am now thinking of transitioning into Business Analysis.

But my major dilemma here is should i go for Masters from a University or a PG diploma from college ?

What is more beneficial?

What are the risks involved ?

What is the impact on PR points?

Also here is my profile
10th : 80.8%
12th : 74.8 %

BTech CSE ( UnderGrad ) : 70.6

3.3 years of work experience in IT

I really need your valuable views / experience.

What do you think my profile is suitable for ?
Can i get admissions in good Universities ? As I heard they don't consider applications below 75% ( Undergrad )

Obviously my GMAT and IELTS score would also be the deciding factors but let us assume i score fairly well in both.

Thanks Again
Nishchay

Last edited:

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi All ,

I am currently working as a senior software engineer and have 3.3 Years of Work Experience.

I am now thinking of transitioning into Business Analysis.

But my major dilemma here is should i go for Masters from a University or a PG diploma from college ?

What is more beneficial?

What are the risks involved ?

What is the impact on PR points?

Also here is my profile
10th : 80.8%
12th : 74.8 %

BTech CSE ( UnderGrad ) : 70.6

3.3 years of work experience in IT

I really need your valuable views / experience.

What do you think my profile is suitable for ?
Can i get admissions in good Universities ? As I heard they don't consider applications below 75% ( Undergrad )

Obviously my GMAT and IELTS score would also be the deciding factors but let us assume i score fairly well in both.

Thanks Again
Nishchay
Have you seen prospective masters courses ? What are the admission requirements ? Do the accept Btech degrees ? Those are quite important factors in your decision.

On the other hand, I don't think a 1 year PG is going to give you enough knowledge to make a successful career shift of this magnitude. Also a PG program is unlikely to get your foot in the door unless you either get a co-op program and impress the employers or you leverage your prior work experience/degree.

Have you considered doing another bachelors or a diploma ?