+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Maintaining PR Status

SAM_2010

Nov 2, 2010
Situation:
I got my PR in July 2008 (Skilled category). Stayed in Canada for a week. Then returned to my home country to continue my grad school education. I complete my education in August 2011.

Question:
Will the Canadian immigration stop me from entering Canada, beyond/after July 2011? (As I would've been out of Canada for >3 yrs in July 2011, and they may say that I cant complete 2 out of 5 yr requirement.)

Or they let you in, if your PR card is still valid?

Has anyone had a similar circumstance? Any advice? Thanks.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
I HOPE SOME EXPERTS HELP YOU WITH THE QUESTION THIS IS ALSO NOT CLEAR TO ME BECAUSE THE ALWAYS SAY THE 5 YEARS SUM UP : MEANING AT ANY POINT YOU DONT MEET THE REQUIREMENT OF 2/5 YOU WILL BE DENIED !!!

BUT THE QUESTION WHO WILL? IF THE CASE IS THEY ALWAYS LET YOU ENTER AT THE BOARDER WITH A VALID CARD THEN ALWAYS A PERSON COULD CORRECT HIS STATUS EVEN IF IF THERE IS ONE DAY LEFT ON HIS CARD AS HE COULD ENTER AND STAY FOR 2 YEARS??

I HOPE SOMBODY CONFIRM WHAT YOU SAY

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SAM_2010 said:
Situation:
I got my PR in July 2008 (Skilled category). Stayed in Canada for a week. Then returned to my home country to continue my grad school education. I complete my education in August 2011.

Question:
Will the Canadian immigration stop me from entering Canada, beyond/after July 2011? (As I would've been out of Canada for >3 yrs in July 2011, and they may say that I cant complete 2 out of 5 yr requirement.)

Or they let you in, if your PR card is still valid?

Has anyone had a similar circumstance? Any advice? Thanks.
there are already so many posts on this. You will probably gain more by doing a search than by someone responding to you direcetly.

pecimob

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think you can still enter provided you can stay in canada for the next 2 years without leaving.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
although i'm still a newbi only 3 days in the site but from what i understood

is if you stay up to 3 years after getting card and return nooo reason to be afraid you tell them the truth at boarder and stay 2 years to maintain your residency or 3 to take citizenship

if more the 3 years outside canada then when you return there are the following possibilities

A they dont ask and you enter normally and in this case you have to stay for 2 years before getting out and then apply for renewal becoz if you apply for renewal before staying 2 years you will face they start the process of taking your card

B they discover you were out more than 3 years or even suspect that and they will start the process to revoke your card

c or you simply lie and try to get in without the suspect

if you face a act of taking your card theire will be an appeal and you have to prove that your abscence was to humanitarian obligation (take care of a sick relative , sombody's death, you sick.....ect)

hope some experts would confirm what i said

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cooldoc80 said:
although i'm still a newbi only 3 days in the site but from what i understood

is if you stay up to 3 years after getting card and return nooo reason to be afraid you tell them the truth at boarder and stay 2 years to maintain your residency or 3 to take citizenship

if more the 3 years outside canada then when you return there are the following possibilities

A they dont ask and you enter normally and in this case you have to stay for 2 years before getting out and then apply for renewal becoz if you apply for renewal before staying 2 years you will face they start the process of taking your card

B they discover you were out more than 3 years or even suspect that and they will start the process to revoke your card

c or you simply lie and try to get in without the suspect

if you face a act of taking your card theire will be an appeal and you have to prove that your abscence was to humanitarian obligation (take care of a sick relative , sombody's death, you sick.....ect)

hope some experts would confirm what i said
Correct.