+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Main form Q10 and Q11 ?!?!

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Hi
I am trying to fill the main citizenship application form and have a few questions if anyone can help.
Please answer any question you can.

Question 10b: In the past (4) years, were you in another country for a total of 183 days or more?
1. After I landed I have NOT been in another country for more than 183 days. However 'last 4 years' also includes 9 months prior to my landing in Canada where I was present in another country. Does that count?

Question 10a: Where have you lived during your eligibility period.

2a. Does this question require filling all addresses including Transit (flight overnight change) and visits?

2b. I have several overnight date changes that occurred during travel. E.g. I started my trip on 8th October in Toronto and ended up 10th October in Lahore with stops in Miami and Doha.
How should I connect my dates and what matching addresses do I put in? Should they be addresses of the previous airport / location or the one I am going to on that particular date?

2c. Any place I can get a sample filled in form which can help clarify these issues?

Question 13: Have you ever had immigration or citizenship status in any other country? The help in the question also mentions student and employment. I have been a student (during non-eligible time) in another country. The visa was Student with 20 hours work. I also had a work permit after my student visa expired.

3a. Should I insert these two status?

3b. If yes, what should I call the Student / part time work visa?

Link to form:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0002e-2.pdf

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

sophon

Nov 13, 2017
Hi,

These questions have been answered in detail already, and can be found through a diligent search.

Anyway, the answers are:

1. (10b). YES, you HAVE to get a police certificate from your home country for those 9 months, which has to be submitted in ORIGINAL with your application.

2. (2a). NO, the consensus is NOT to put in addresses for short business trips outside Canada. My spouse had to spend close to three months in Karachi tending to ailing father, but that address was NOT entered in this portion of the form. The trips HAVE to be mentioned, but that's in the Physical Presence Calculator, so my spouse's Karachi trip was mentioned there.
(2b). Answered as well, since you do NOT have to enter addresses.
(2c). If major issues, PM me, and we can set up a phone convo.

3. (13, a and b). YES. Doesn't matter even if this was decades ago, you have to answer correctly and completely. Mention status as STUDENT for first, and EMPLOYMENT for second.

Good luck

Reactions: Wik.haider

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Thanks a bunch.
Up till now my searches had led me to the same conclusion but none of the replies i read were definitive. This just validates it. :)