+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mailing address is wrong in Ecas

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
My wife's home address in Ecas is correct, while mailing address is the one from 2013 that was used during PR sponsorship application. Two solutions I found in this forum did not work: 1) it will be fixed when IRCC start processing the application; 2) Click update address to fix. The latter does not work as it's not a Canadian address.

Those who had similar experience, did you receive test and oath invites on correct address? Or had to call them to let them know about mistake?

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
My wife's home address in Ecas is correct, while mailing address is the one from 2013 that was used during PR sponsorship application. Two solutions I found in this forum did not work: 1) it will be fixed when IRCC start processing the application; 2) Click update address to fix. The latter does not work as it's not a Canadian address.

Those who had similar experience, did you receive test and oath invites on correct address? Or had to call them to let them know about mistake?
For me, when ECAS was updated that they had started processing my application and sent my Discover Canada package and after waiting A MONTH I received no email nor ANY mail I called ... and after speaking to 2 people who told me "my application is IP" and "it's all good", I called a 3rd time and finally spoke to a super helpful gent who actually took time to look into my file.... They had entered my ADDRESS and EMAIL incorrectly. (I checked the photocopy of my application and all was good from my end!) .. so all my correspondence was going who knows where and I would have missed my test date notice had I listened to the first 2 people!

I had to submit a special form (that was found online, but said awesome agent also directly emailed it to me) to update the information. They DO NOT confirm or update your file that the incorrect information has been corrected - again I found this out only by calling, multiple times, until I got an agent that took the extra steps to look into my file and confirmed all the correct information.

I would call. And keep calling until you get someone who is actually willing to help. I have found in the 20yrs I have been in Canada... with multiple renewals of Visas, PR cards and now citizenship applications... that if you keep calling and speak politely, eventually you will find a call agent that will actual go the extra mile to help.

I wouldn't rely on them to "fix it". Haha.

Good luck!

Reactions: Godzilla9

Siar

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
For me, when ECAS was updated that they had started processing my application and sent my Discover Canada package and after waiting A MONTH I received no email nor ANY mail I called ... and after speaking to 2 people who told me "my application is IP" and "it's all good", I called a 3rd time and finally spoke to a super helpful gent who actually took time to look into my file.... They had entered my ADDRESS and EMAIL incorrectly. (I checked the photocopy of my application and all was good from my end!) .. so all my correspondence was going who knows where and I would have missed my test date notice had I listened to the first 2 people!

I had to submit a special form (that was found online, but said awesome agent also directly emailed it to me) to update the information. They DO NOT confirm or update your file that the incorrect information has been corrected - again I found this out only by calling, multiple times, until I got an agent that took the extra steps to look into my file and confirmed all the correct information.

I would call. And keep calling until you get someone who is actually willing to help. I have found in the 20yrs I have been in Canada... with multiple renewals of Visas, PR cards and now citizenship applications... that if you keep calling and speak politely, eventually you will find a call agent that will actual go the extra mile to help.

I wouldn't rely on them to "fix it". Haha.

Good luck!
In other words there are so many unqualified agents doing/aiming to do the job. Their mistake and you still have to do the impossible to get things fixed... And the cherry on the cake, we have paid f***** 650$ for this.

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
In other words there are so many unqualified agents doing/aiming to do the job. Their mistake and you still have to do the impossible to get things fixed... And the cherry on the cake, we have paid f***** 650$ for this.
Yup - Someone is doing data entry ALL day with zero f*cks given and the only consequences are felt by those who are doing everything they can to dot all the I's and cross all the T's correctly!

LoveCanada881

Jul 17, 2017
Hey Godzilla! I am experiencing the same issue as your wife, my home address showed up fine but my mailing address is a previous address when I applied for my PR back in 2013, I am wondering if it's a system glitch that keeps showing the old mailing address even though the home address is the one requested to be used for mail communications. What did you end up doing ? Any updates ?

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Thank you all for replies and sorry for late reply, am traveling these days. I clicked change her home address and requested changing both home and mailing address even though her home address was correct. More than a week passed, and nothing. Planning to call them as Layla suggested when back in Calgary next week. I was just relying on ecas, in case they send invitation somewhere else but we see a line in ecas with "We sent you invitation..." then to call and let them know that ecas updated but we received nothing. It looks like a glitch in their system.

Reactions: layla_

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
I'm having a similar issue. I've seen a few other threads regarding this. I'm just wondering what number is it that you called to speak with an agent?

I'm not worried about it tbh but I'd just like to have it noted that I did make a call with them to flag it for change.