+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

made an error with my name in IMM5257E temporary visit visa form

Doctor22

Feb 3, 2014
hello every one,

i applied yesterday via online My CIC and i noticed after paying that i put my name in family name section and family name in my name section.

i emailed the high commission this morning with the corrected form, a copy of my passport as a source of verification and all the details of my application

i would like to know if some one else had the same experience and the outcome? how long can they take to reply to an email?

i also need to give my biometrics within 30 days. but the name there is not correct. should i wait?

will they consider it a minor error?

hope to here some good advices

Thanks - Regards
Doctor

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
dont worry too much about that, they often look at your passport for the correct name

good luck !!!

Doctor22

Feb 3, 2014
hi guys

so this is what happened.

they fixed my problem within 24 hours of my email. ;D

that was pretty fast.

Tester_99

May 12, 2014
Doctor22 said:
hello every one,

i applied yesterday via online My CIC and i noticed after paying that i put my name in family name section and family name in my name section.

i emailed the high commission this morning with the corrected form, a copy of my passport as a source of verification and all the details of my application

i would like to know if some one else had the same experience and the outcome? how long can they take to reply to an email?

i also need to give my biometrics within 30 days. but the name there is not correct. should i wait?

Thanks - Regards
Doctor
Hi,
I also did the same mistake. Can you please give me the mail id where u sent ur documents?
Thanks,
Tester99

sapbwguru

May 24, 2014
I also did the same error , can you please forward the Canadian High Commission Email ID ,

Thanks,
-Bash

lonsaa

Jun 15, 2015
Doctor22 said:
hello every one,

Thanks - Regards
Doctor
You must be a VVIP that they reply within a day!

Zomomi

Sep 17, 2015
Hi Doctor22,

Please I made similar error, please what email address did you use to contact them.

Please help anyone!!

Asgari

Apr 5, 2016
Hi ,

Please I made similar error, Please Let me know how I can fix that. Do I need to send an email to them ?
My mom is going to Turkey for Biometric and I don't want they reject her application for this mistake.

Please help anyone!!

rsoniya

Sep 9, 2016
I did same mistake, please let me know how to correct it. what is the mail id to send the correct name

Skkid

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doctor22 said:
hello every one,

Thanks - Regards
Doctor
Hi Doctor,

Can you please share the email id, I reversed by given name and family name. Have to contact CIC before they start processing my paper application.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Skkid said:
Hi Doctor,

Can you please share the email id, I reversed by given name and family name. Have to contact CIC before they start processing my paper application.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
You'll have to look up the IRCC website for the email address of the relevant visa office that's processing your app.

You can also send a Case Specific Enquiry (web form, also on the IRCC website) to that visa office

May 25, 2018
when I may get reply for the case specific enquery, I am waiting for there reply since i made mistake too...., please reply i am so much worried...

tatanithin007

Mar 11, 2020
I realised the mistake and raised webform, in between my visa got approved and printed in reverse order anyone know how to fix this??