+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made a Mistake: Online Post Graduation Work Permit Application

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Thank you for getting back to me :). I did just that today morning. I haven't gotten any automated response mail from IRCC, though. Any idea when that might come?

I currently have a letter/message in my application status dashboard with the title “WP-EXT only except PGWP”, which I think is not intended for those who have applied for PGWP. My friend's letter is titled "WP-EXT for PGWP" I have put in a request in the same web form asking them to send me an updated one. Will this in any way affect my status? As I'm currently working full-time.
Hi Andrew, did you get your work permit approved? Thanks

May 18, 2023
You don’t have to worry. Just call ircc they will guide you. I made the same mistake , the agent from ircc said that pgwp is an open permit only and i have uploaded transcripts and graduation letter and study permit, I’m fine . But still call ircc , worst to worst case you can withdraw and reapply immediately. Don’t worry, you’ll be finee
QUESTION 1. I have done the same mistake.how much time it took for you for PGWP after you talked to IRCC or raised a web form .
Question 2. My work permit got expired on 31 but will there be any problem
Question 3. What IRCC told or talked about this, what was your Conversation

May 18, 2023
Thank you for getting back to me :). I did just that today morning. I haven't gotten any automated response mail from IRCC, though. Any idea when that might come?

I currently have a letter/message in my application status dashboard with the title “WP-EXT only except PGWP”, which I think is not intended for those who have applied for PGWP. My friend's letter is titled "WP-EXT for PGWP" I have put in a request in the same web form asking them to send me an updated one. Will this in any way affect my status? As I'm currently working full-time.
[/QUOTE]
QUESTION 1. I have done the same mistake.how much time it took for you for PGWP after you talked to IRCC or raised a web form .
Question 2. My work permit got expired on 31 but will there be any problem
Question 3. What IRCC told or talked about this, what was your Conversation

Jun 2, 2023
Hello Members,

I made a mistake in my IMM5710 I selected "Open work Permit" instead of "Post Graduation Word Permit" in "What type of work permit are you applying for?". I am not sure what to do now. Should I withdraw the application and reapply again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi isha i am also in same problem . I raise web form to correct my mistake. Did ur matter was solced with web form . Plz reply

Mnnnn

Feb 10, 2023
Hello Members,

I made a mistake in my IMM5710 I selected "Open work Permit" instead of "Post Graduation Word Permit" in "What type of work permit are you applying for?". I am not sure what to do now. Should I withdraw the application and reapply again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hii isha in how many months you received your work permit bcz i made the same mistake ??

sukhdeepk

Jun 4, 2023
I got wpt ext only except pgwp instead of getting wpt ext for pgwp.
what should I do?
I applied on 30 April. Got that letter on May 5.
anyone please

dip_996

Aug 14, 2023
Hello,

I have applied for PGWP in May 2023. However, I have just realized that I made a mistake in filling out the form. I selected "Open Work Permit" instead of "Post Graduation Work Permit". I also did not receive WP-EXT letter. I am worried about what to do and the decision on my application. Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Mnnnn

Feb 10, 2023
Hello,

I have applied for PGWP in May 2023. However, I have just realized that I made a mistake in filling out the form. I selected "Open Work Permit" instead of "Post Graduation Work Permit". I also did not receive WP-EXT letter. I am worried about what to do and the decision on my application. Any response would be appreciated.

Thank you!
I also did the same mistake but don’t worry your work permit will come. For the safeside, you can submit webform by mentioning your this concern . I received my work permit almost after 5 months.

Vidhiii

Jan 5, 2021
Hello,

Thank you!
Hey, for that you can call IRCC and they will tell you what to do. I applied from outside canada and didn’t require wp-ext. so calling IRCC will be helpful. Like if you’re still within 90-180 something days you can withdraw and reapply. So first call IRCC. Good luck

dip_996

Aug 14, 2023
I also did the same mistake but don’t worry your work permit will come. For the safeside, you can submit webform by mentioning your this concern . I received my work permit almost after 5 months.
Thank you for replying. I submitted the webform mentioning about the mistake. How long it took for you to get a response on the webform? When did you apply for the PGWP, and when did you come to know about the mistake?

Last edited:

dip_996

Aug 14, 2023
Hey, for that you can call IRCC and they will tell you what to do. I applied from outside canada and didn’t require wp-ext. so calling IRCC will be helpful. Like if you’re still within 90-180 something days you can withdraw and reapply. So first call IRCC. Good luck
I do not think reapplying would be a good idea for me because I have been working fulltime since the day I received my submission confirmation letter. This can cause bad impact on the result.

Vidhiii

Jan 5, 2021
Thank you for replying. I submitted the webform mentioning about the mistake. How long it took for you to get a response on the webform? When did you apply for the PGWP, and when did you come to know about the mistake?
I was just checking my form 1 month after I applied and realised that I made a mistake. I didn’t raise a webform since it takes long. And I wanted an immediate answer so I called IRCC.

dip_996

Aug 14, 2023
I was just checking my form 1 month after I applied and realised that I made a mistake. I didn’t raise a webform since it takes long. And I wanted an immediate answer so I called IRCC.
What did they respond when you called?