+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

low skilled worker to Live-in Caregiver

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
era2007 said:
if you are going to process the workpermit outside canada somewhere in u.s it would only take 2-4 weeks but if you are going to process it in the philippines maybe a year thats why some of the employer and agencies get nanny from saudi arabia or hongkong
That was fast! Is that the usual processing time in Buffalo? Where are you in Canada?

era2007

Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
00-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
18-08-2011
Med's Done....
28-09-2011
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2012
LANDED..........
11-02-2012
job_seeker said:
That was fast! Is that the usual processing time in Buffalo? Where are you in Canada?
fr calgary
i think 1month.

but in my case they replied already after 2 weeks asking for my passport.it took me a month because i have to send my passport to them ( i didnt include in my application because during that time i was in the process of getting my us visa too)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
era2007 said:
yap.they gave me 10 years.

i applied it coz i thought i might need it since im going to get my workpermit in montana but then as what i wrote before u dont actually need it if you are just going for immigration purposes
But how long have you been in Canada before you applied for your US visa? Are you from the Philippines?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
totallymomy said:
Yes that's the sad fact because Philippines has made the process really long and complicated, Agencies and
employers prefer Caregivers from other countries which doesnt take that much time for their Visas to be approved.

What do guys think about this idea:

Will go to US under Tourist visa, contact an Agency to get me an employer there in Canada, process my papers as LIC there in the US.

thanks a lot!
This is for totallymomy:

Do you already have a B1/B2 visa?

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
Yes, I already have a visitors visa.

what do you think about the idea?

but for as much as possible I really don't want to leave the country just to process the LIC Visa, I
wish it could just be done here.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
totallymomy said:
Yes, I already have a visitors visa.

what do you think about the idea?

but for as much as possible I really don't want to leave the country just to process the LIC Visa, I
wish it could just be done here.
Hi,

Sent you a personal message.

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
hell,totally mommy.....can u send me ur resume and maybe i can help u find employer here.my employer's friend is asking me if i know any filipina who r looking for nanny job here.so u send me ur resume and i will show it to him then let 's see what will happen.if he likes u then u can plan things after.its either u come to canada as a tourist then apply outside canada at the us border.thats the fastest way i know.working in hk will take u awhile also coz u need at least 6month of related experienced and or 1 yr of continuos employment in hk.i worked there in hk b4 i come here to canada.

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
hi,totallymommy...sorry but the employer that i know can wait for up to 6months but not 18 months.they will rather hire a nanny who is already here in canada than wait for u if u will come fr the phils.anyway there r lots of filipina here who is looking for a job.i just want to help u thats why i msg u to send me ur resume.but since u want to process fr the phils.it will be hard for u to find an employer here coz lmo will expire after 6months and the processing fr the phils takes 18 months now.even if u take caregiver course there!anyway i wish u all the luck!

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
thanks for the offer though elle, really appreaciate it :)

That's the usual case regarding being here in the Philippines, the timeline of the whole process
just ruins the chances. By the way, someone told me that the LMO expiration is 3 years? and 6 months
after the visa is received. Please correct me if Im wrong about this information.

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
yeah LMO expired in 3 years BEFORE, BUT NOW (as of May 19 2009)it expires in JUST 6 months if you don't use it before it expires then your employer needs to apply again from the start, advertising example. That's my problem also because my employer issue me a positive LMO for my sister last July and now it expiring soon and my sister cant submit her application because shes still waiting for her caregiver certificate, now my employer need to do it again.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/questions-answers/QA6Month.shtml

depressing question;
WHY IT TAKES 18 MONTHS IN THE PHILIPPINES TO PROCESS THE PAPERS, AND in some countries just less than 6 months thats 3x faster than PHILIPPINES.

I hope some activies will rally and question them.

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
mydesire said:
yeah LMO expired in 3 years BEFORE, BUT NOW (as of May 19 2009)it expires in JUST 6 months if you don't use it before it expires then your employer needs to apply again from the start, advertising example. That's my problem also because my employer issue me a positive LMO for my sister last July and now it expiring soon and my sister cant submit her application because shes still waiting for her caregiver certificate, now my employer need to do it again.

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/questions-answers/QA6Month.shtml

depressing question;
WHY IT TAKES 18 MONTHS IN THE PHILIPPINES TO PROCESS THE PAPERS, AND in some countries just less than 6 months thats 3x faster than PHILIPPINES.

I hope some activies will rally and question them.
thanks for the link and info my desire, this is such bad news. Philippines should do something about the processing time. It is really crazy 18 monts, for what reason? I really dont know. It takes them 9 to 12 months to send the Speak Test letter to the applicant
and 1 to 3 months to send medical refferal :( and then more wait for the VISA.

I guess, I will have to make sure to submit an application before the LMO expires.
Thanks again for the info.

totallymomy

Dec 1, 2009
mydesire said:
hey dont forget the POLO (addendum) after medical.
Such a pain in the ----
Aw yes that one!! a lot are saying that POLO should be abolished na.
Are you a caregiver too?

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
yeah i came directly from the phil, thats why i know how long your gonna wait for your papers, my employer is going to hire my sister meaning i have to wait for her until she got approve, kapapasa ko lng papel ko for PR
proud to be FILIPINO but im not proud of what they're doing