+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Love has no boundaries - Advice needed!

4jesus

Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I never thought I would ever be in this position, but I now know that love has no boundaries :) I am a Canadian Citizen and recently engaged to a wonderful man who lives in Jamaica. He is a farmer, living in a rural parish. I would love for him to visit Canada to meet my family and friends and I am also open to us getting married here in Canada. I need advice about the best way to get him up here. I have heard so many different suggestions such as a fiancee visa (heard in actuality it does not exist), study permit (program less than 6 months requires no study permit), general visiting visa (but don't say ur engaged) So confused....what's my best bet???

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Panda

Dec 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
AOR Received.
24-01-2011
File Transfer...
18-01-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Passport Req..
23-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
Very Soon...
Just get married in jamaica and apply for ur hubby

Or call him on study visa and then get married in Canada and sponsor her as Inland applicant

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
You probably want him to meet your parents before you get married and to at least visit the country as a "tourist" for the first time, no? My suggestions goes for tourist visit, don't say you are engaged. I have been visiting my husband many times when we were engaged and every time I have mentioned that on the border they have sent me straight to immigration for additional questioning. It was annoying so I stopped telling them then and instead I only told them I was visiting relatives and friend....which was completely true. So go for general visiting visa for the first time.

I wish you luck.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012

4jesus

Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlieD10 said:
Hi 4jesus.

Come and join us over on the Kingston, Jamaica thread, you will find plenty of support from people in the process of sponsoring their spouses, or being sponsored.

Ok, thanks CharlieD10, I will check it out...

4jesus

Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arunsgirl said:
You probably want him to meet your parents before you get married and to at least visit the country as a "tourist" for the first time, no? My suggestions goes for tourist visit, don't say you are engaged. I have been visiting my husband many times when we were engaged and every time I have mentioned that on the border they have sent me straight to immigration for additional questioning. It was annoying so I stopped telling them then and instead I only told them I was visiting relatives and friend....which was completely true. So go for general visiting visa for the first time.

I wish you luck.
Thanks arunsgirl for your comment. It would be great for him to meet my parents and visit the country as a "tourist", I will look into this.

4jesus

Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Panda said:
Just get married in jamaica and apply for ur hubby

Or call him on study visa and then get married in Canada and sponsor her as Inland applicant
@Panda- our original plan was to marry in Jamaica, but I would love for him to see Canada first.

4jesus

Feb 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so far, I am open to any other suggestions, especially from those who have been in similar situation. (ie. Jamaica/Canada relations)
Thanks!