+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost work permit

mmanny

Jun 22, 2017
Hello Everyone, I lost my work permit recently. I do have a copy on my email. I do have the US visa and valid multiple entry visa for Canada as well. I currently live in Edmonton. I checked the processing time with CIC call centre, they said it takes almost about a month or so to get a replacement one. I have two questions:
1). Can they print the replacement work permit at the coutts border upon request or any other border, since its very urgent as I have to travel for a family issue in next two weeks?
2). If I don't get the work permit with me while I travel, would they still allow me to re-enter Canada since I have a valid multiple entry visa and copy of my work permit on my email anyways?

Thanks in advance

Nalyne

Jul 23, 2017
Hi how are u?

I really need your advise I had the same situation.I just want to know how it went well.

Here is my story.

I wil be having my vacation nextweek for 5 days in Jamaica.I’m currently sorting out of my documents and found out i lost my work permit 2 days ago. My trv will expire on march2018. I call CIC about this they told me I’m fine regarding I have a valid visa upon entering canada. i have a photocopy my work permit. So I got postive feeback on that which is I’m really happy.
After 1 hr i went to immigration expert which is I want to replace my work permit and he said U will be fine entering canada we will just have a affi of lost and the if the officer ask about my work permit just hand it and explain to them. So i feel relieved again. They will submit my documents/application replacment of wp within this week.

My question is it possible they just print upon my arriving in border?.

Am i still fine?How’s the border by the way?.And your experience.

Thank u!