+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost previous passport

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
I have lost my previous passport.. I went abroad for studies for couple of years ago..in my Travel history I will mention the my trip abroad which can be supplemented by my degree.. but i have a query what about my lost passport..?? if they ask about photocopies of all previous passport pages? do they ask so??

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
No. They don't ask for any 'proof' of travel.

You just have to upload your current valid passport and any stamps in it. That's it. No previous passports or anything not in your current one.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I'm confused why this theory has popped up that you are uploading your passport to prove your travels. That's not the purpose of it. The purpose of the passport upload is ID verification. They can run your passport number through databases to see when you entered and exited countries. You don't have to prove where you have travelled. You just have to be careful not to forget to mention your visit to USA for a month 6 years ago etc

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
so, if the current passport is empty...I mean without any stamps? I just have to upload the biodata page??

shyguy

May 22, 2015
kryt0n said:
No. They don't ask for any 'proof' of travel.

You just have to upload your current valid passport and any stamps in it. That's it. No previous passports or anything not in your current one.
On a related note...Recently my passport was stolen. Ironically, it happened on the day I got the cic email for work permit. When I go to Service Canada with my work permit for the purpose of extending my social insurance number (which expires soon), will they insist on passport or am I allowed to show my Canadian driver's license? PS: fortunately I still have my original study visa.
Second. One of the requirements under documents for express entry states that the passport should be valid for at least 2 years before application. Since I'll be getting a New duplicate passport, obviously I can't satisfy that condition. I have a black and white photocopy of my previous passport, not a scanned color copy. Can I upload that (since it says we should upload previous passport pages if current passport is valid for less than 2 years ago). Will they accept scan of black and white photocopy?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
sami726 said:
so, if the current passport is empty...I mean without any stamps? I just have to upload the biodata page??
Correct

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
shyguy said:
On a related note...Recently my passport was stolen. Ironically, it happened on the day I got the cic email for work permit. When I go to Service Canada with my work permit for the purpose of extending my social insurance number (which expires soon), will they insist on passport or am I allowed to show my Canadian driver's license? PS: fortunately I still have my original study visa.
Second. One of the requirements under documents for express entry states that the passport should be valid for at least 2 years before application. Since I'll be getting a New duplicate passport, obviously I can't satisfy that condition. I have a black and white photocopy of my previous passport, not a scanned color copy. Can I upload that (since it says we should upload previous passport pages if current passport is valid for less than 2 years ago). Will they accept scan of black and white photocopy?
Where is this?

It's supposed to be valid for two years AFTER. You don't have to have had the passport for 2 years before you can use it.

shyguy

May 22, 2015
kryt0n said:
Where is this?

It's supposed to be valid for two years AFTER. You don't have to have had the passport for 2 years before you can use it.
It's given under the documents required for express entry. Point number 2.2 it says passport: mandatory. Your passport should be various for at least two years prior to the date of application. If not, you have to upload copy of all the pages of the previous passport. That's what it says.
I don't know how to upload pics here, else I would've done it. Now, the wordings seem relevant for those whose passport expires or who has exhausted all the pages. Don't know about stolen or lost passports.

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
shyguy said:
It's given under the documents required for express entry. Point number 2.2 it says passport: mandatory. Your passport should be various for at least two years prior to the date of application. If not, you have to upload copy of all the pages of the previous passport. That's what it says.
I don't know how to upload pics here, else I would've done it. Now, the wordings seem relevant for those whose passport expires or who has exhausted all the pages. Don't know about stolen or lost passports.
ahh a new thing pops up...can i get the link where i can read this point??

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyguy said:
That guide is for OOPNP - for express entry the current and valid passport will do.

sami726

Feb 20, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
That guide is for OOPNP - for express entry the current and valid passport will do.
u made my day...thanks...otherwise i was in serious trouble bcz i had my previous passport lost..

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
DelPiero07 said:
I give up sometimes...