+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost PR Card but must travel soon

henryb

Oct 14, 2015
Hi

I’ve just lost my PR card last few days after I filled and applied for my citizenship (seems like after making a copy of it, it got lost) anyways I need to travel within 2 weeks, for about 3 weeks.

I’ve already prepared the replacement package (but haven’t sent it yet)

- so is it possible to mail it before I travel and apply for a PRTD when abroad!

- will I have any problems leaving Canada, entering the destination country without my PR card
As in the website it says
“If you apply for a card and isn’t ready before you leave, you need a permeant residence travel document to return to Canada”

- will be an issue since I have already applied for a replacement in Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I’ve just lost my PR card last few days after I filled and applied for my citizenship (seems like after making a copy of it, it got lost) anyways I need to travel within 2 weeks, for about 3 weeks.

I’ve already prepared the replacement package (but haven’t sent it yet)

- so is it possible to mail it before I travel and apply for a PRTD when abroad!

- will I have any problems leaving Canada, entering the destination country without my PR card
As in the website it says
“If you apply for a card and isn’t ready before you leave, you need a permeant residence travel document to return to Canada”

- will be an issue since I have already applied for a replacement in Canada?
You don't need a valid PR card anywhere except returning to Canada. You can try to get PRTD in 3 weeks but is not guaranteed.

henryb

Oct 14, 2015
You don't need a valid PR card anywhere except returning to Canada. You can try to get PRTD in 3 weeks but is not guaranteed.
Thanks for the quick reply, do you have any idea how long will PRTD take in Turkey… couldn’t find any processing time online