+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost passport

Amkbr

Dec 9, 2023
Hello all,
I came to Canada last year but unfortunately I lost my passport with TRV. But I have my study permit and it is valid until 2026.
I requested a new passport and once I received new passport I applied for a new TRV but they cancelled it and they said I have valid visa until 2026. So how can I get a new counterfoil for my new passport? I can not find any guidance about this issue.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello all,
I came to Canada last year but unfortunately I lost my passport with TRV. But I have my study permit and it is valid until 2026.
I requested a new passport and once I received new passport I applied for a new TRV but they cancelled it and they said I have valid visa until 2026. So how can I get a new counterfoil for my new passport? I can not find any guidance about this issue.
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=045&top=12

Amkbr

Dec 9, 2023
Hello simba,
Thank you for your information. The imm5009 form has this question:
Indicate which of following you need a replacement copy or a verification of status.
-immigrant visa and record of landing- confirmation of permanent residence
- exclusion order
-departure order
-authorization return to Canada
-permit to come into or remain in Canada-temporary residence permit
-protected person
-work permit
-study permit
-visitor record
Which should I use based on my condition?
Also this one part of information letter of my cancelled application:
According to our records your status is valid in Canada expires on 2026. Our records also confirm that you already hold a valid temporary resident visa to the same date. Consequently our office is unable to process…..
Sorry to ask a lot of questions I can not find the information anywhere

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello simba,
Thank you for your information. The imm5009 form has this question:
Indicate which of following you need a replacement copy or a verification of status.
-immigrant visa and record of landing- confirmation of permanent residence
- exclusion order
-departure order
-authorization return to Canada
-permit to come into or remain in Canada-temporary residence permit
-protected person
-work permit
-study permit
-visitor record
Which should I use based on my condition?
Also this one part of information letter of my cancelled application:
According to our records your status is valid in Canada expires on 2026. Our records also confirm that you already hold a valid temporary resident visa to the same date. Consequently our office is unable to process…..
Sorry to ask a lot of questions I can not find the information anywhere
you shouldnt apply for new TRV but apply for replacement of visitor record, attaching copy of previous ones and police report. Once they receive and process, they will issue another copy of trv matching expiry date with different visa #

Amkbr

Dec 9, 2023
Many thanks simba,
Just can you help me about the imm5009 question that I mentioned. I am sorry for bothering you

KM89

Feb 18, 2024
Did you get TRV by filling vistor record on imm5009. I also had the same issue . please let me know