+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost passport just after recieving my study visa approval letter

Aish20

Aug 19, 2019
Hi,
Im from Chennai,India.For the first time Im travelling abroad. Had applied for study visa and had given biometrics.A few days back recieved passport request letter for Visa stamping and unfortunately,I realised that I had lost my passport.I have applied for a re-issue of passport and will be recieving it in 3-4 days. Approached VFS Global,but they have no idea what is to be done in this case.My college commences on 3rd September and I have to urgently get my VISA and leave in ten days.Is there anyone who can help me out with what can be done?
Please help me out.

Msbrar

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25 May 2019
No worry if you have copy of your passport which got lost .this copy and new passport attach with the file and if possible attach police FIR with it which shows your passport lost .

Reactions: Aish20

Aish20

Aug 19, 2019
Yeah I do have the old passport copy and FIR copy.Should I give it in VFS Global or directly send it to embassy? And approximately how long would it take to complete the process?Any idea? As my fight ticket has to be postponed which was this week

Msbrar

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25 May 2019
Yeah I do have the old passport copy and FIR copy.Should I give it in VFS Global or directly send it to embassy? And approximately how long would it take to complete the process?Any idea? As my fight ticket has to be postponed which was this week
It would take normal time

Msbrar

Star Member
Jul 14, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
25 May 2019
If you live near to vfs centre than you can pick it personally .vfs centre will guide you which is Thebes best way or quickly

Aish20

Aug 19, 2019
If you live near to vfs centre than you can pick it personally .vfs centre will guide you which is Thebes best way or quickly
Thankyou very much ! You saved my day.Or I would have been in a lot of trouble.Hope ths works out.

Reactions: Msbrar

Anand Hirulkar

Oct 6, 2019
Hello,

I have the same situation, the only difference is that I lost my passport after visa stamping.
What should I do in this case?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I have the same situation, the only difference is that I lost my passport after visa stamping.
What should I do in this case?
1/ A new passport, a copy of the Police Report, and you apply for a new TRV with a letter of explanation.

Anand Hirulkar

Oct 6, 2019
Hi

1/ A new passport, a copy of the Police Report, and you apply for a new TRV with a letter of explanation.
Can't I go for restamping? I read about restamping it CIC says that I need to provide Canadian Address mandatorily. Also for new TRV do I need to do complete process of Medical and Biometrics all over again because my passport number will be new?

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Can't I go for restamping? I read about restamping it CIC says that I need to provide Canadian Address mandatorily. Also for new TRV do I need to do complete process of Medical and Biometrics all over again because my passport number will be new?
Biometrics ( 10 years ) and medical ( 12 months , I think )will be valid.
Your passport number will be changed since you have lost your previous passport . I am not sure but logically because you don't have the old passport , You may need a new application

Anand Hirulkar

Oct 6, 2019
Biometrics ( 10 years ) and medical ( 12 months , I think )will be valid.
Your passport number will be changed since you have lost your previous passport . I am not sure but logically because you don't have the old passport , You may need a new application
Thank you so much for your reply.

I have also found the old passport. Can it help me for the application? But it is not valid and is reported as lost in my new passport.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Thank you so much for your reply.

I have also found the old passport. Can it help me for the application? But it is not valid and is reported as lost in my new passport.
I have no idea. But best course would be to have the old passport officially cancelled in the passport office with a remark... passport cancelled but visa valid , then for TRV you can use the old passport . If I am not incorrect , You cannot use the old passport now without the official stamping of passport cancelled . I think it is an offence to have 2 ( open ) passport, even though the old one would be cancelled in the passport office records .

However do take other opinion also. But do visit the passport office who will guide you.

Anand Hirulkar

Oct 6, 2019
I have no idea. But best course would be to have the old passport officially cancelled in the passport office with a remark... passport cancelled but visa valid , then for TRV you can use the old passport . If I am not incorrect , You cannot use the old passport now without the official stamping of passport cancelled . I think it is an offence to have 2 ( open ) passport, even though the old one would be cancelled in the passport office records .

However do take other opinion also. But do visit the passport office who will guide you.

Thank you so much. I will cancel my old passport and apply for new TRV.

Anand Hirulkar

Oct 6, 2019

Hello,

Can I use old passport's visa if its stamped as passport cancelled but visa valid. Or do I need to get the visa stamped on new passport and only then I can use the new stamped visa?