+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost Passport along with my work permit! need urgent guidance

jeffjhon123

Nov 1, 2016
Hello,

I have lost my passport along with my work permit which was issued on that passport. I got my new passport but i am worried about one thing. I already filed an application for replacement of lost work permit before getting my new passport and i had submitted copy of my old passport which is lost. My passport number has been changed. My application for lost work permit is still in process? What should i do in such a situation? Should i inform cic now or should i wait till i get my work permit and then i can file an apllication for correction of passport number on work permit.

I am doing this cause i have to apply for OINP master stream program and i am expecting that its gonna open soon. What i am thinking that after getting my work permit if i go to canadian border would those guys can print me a new work permit with my new passport number on it? Moreover, if i keep the same work permit which contains my old passport number on it and apply for OINP , will there be any problem cause I do have the police complaint which states that my passport has been lost and its also written in my new passport as well. Guys, i really need your opinion on this situation cause iwould like to get my papers done asap. I would really appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction and fastest route to get things done.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can submit a case specific inquiry form to CIC to explain the situation and submit a copy of your new passport so that they will use that information for your new work permit.