+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOST OF CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION MAILED BY POST

bfwireless

Mar 25, 2019
Attention to applicants!!
Please do not send your application via Canada Post if you do not want a risk that it may be lost.
I have sent to Sydney, NS on Sept 9th,2018 and wait for they opened my envelop for a citizenship test,
I have been waiting and waiting with 3 email sent then finally CICC informed me that they could not find it and suggested me to re-apply. This is ridiculous!
I do not have a choice. I am so disappointed about CIC and I recommend that you bring your application to CIC centre and ask for a receipt rather than crossing you finger with the Canada post.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please do not send your application via Canada Post if you do not want a risk that it may be lost.
I have sent to Sydney, NS on Sept 9th,2018 and wait for they opened my envelop for a citizenship test,
I have been waiting and waiting with 3 email sent then finally CICC informed me that they could not find it and suggested me to re-apply. This is ridiculous!
I do not have a choice. I am so disappointed about CIC and I recommend that you bring your application to CIC centre and ask for a receipt rather than crossing you finger with the Canada post.
You can't submit the application in person.

The options are send the application by Canada Post or courier.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I personally used Canada Post tracking which lets you see when it has arrived too. For speed and the risk in sending so much personal information I think the $20 or so is worthwhile.

I mean we’ve already paid $630 minimum, plus photos, even if you don’t need extra stuff translated or obtained.

Doesn’t help in this situation, but for OP and future people recommend sending with tracking.

Reactions: Joshua1

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Well I would never sent an application without tracking it .it's worth the extra money you pay Canada post

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As said by the others, you should have mailed the app with tracking.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Well I would never sent an application without tracking it .it's worth the extra money you pay Canada post
That said, I did almost say “say what now” when CP told me the price.

Meanwhile, remember there is a courier address, stands to reason one could personally courier it there themselves if local? I mean, couriers request signatures right so you might get something... You could at least be more confident it had arrived. I know of at least one other person on here who sent an application and never heard back. I don't know if they had proof of delivery. Nor do I imagine CIC cares if you have proof of delivery :(

Courier Address:

Case Processing Centre, Sydney
Proof of citizenship
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2