+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my record of landing - do I just write a letter of explanation?

vanmover

Jan 31, 2015
Hi there,

I'm just starting my citizenship application but I can't find my Record of Landing document (IM1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residency. I do have a valid PR card. I'm seeing conflicting info online about whether I need to apply for a replacement/status verification or simply just write a letter explaining I've lost the documents to accompany my application. Does anyone have any insight into this please? Thanks!

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for a replacement. you will need it later on anyway for other things like CPP.

rfairy786

Jan 19, 2018
Hello Guys

I lost my original Confirmation of Permanent Residency document. As I am about to apply for Citizenship, I will need an original COPR.

I do have a copy of COPR saved on my computer, I am wondering about the process of obtaining a replacement of COPR.

Thanks, Any i

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello Guys

I lost my original Confirmation of Permanent Residency document. As I am about to apply for Citizenship, I will need an original COPR.

I do have a copy of COPR saved on my computer, I am wondering about the process of obtaining a replacement of COPR.

Thanks, Any i
1. Apply for a Verification of Status (VOS) http://tinyurl.com/y99j2soc
2. You will need a copy for your Citizenship application and for your Old Age Pension.

rfairy786

Jan 19, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I do have a copy of landing document but I think I need to have an original landing document during the time of citizenship interview.

What happens next once I apply for Verification of Status.

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I do have a copy of landing document but I think I need to have an original landing document during the time of citizenship interview.

What happens next once I apply for Verification of Status.
hi, did you ever apply for the VOS? and if you did, how long did it take?

canvan14

May 8, 2014
The citizenship application does not require a copy of coPR to be submitted. As other mentioned, you need to apply for coPR for CPP in the future.