+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my landing paper ) i need help

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Last week I successfully passed my canadian citizenship test but when I left immigration office I lost my landing paper on the way now my question is: when I go for oath ceremony do they ask for my landing paper? I have the copy of my landing paper but I lost the original one . Do you guys know still I get my citizenship certificate without landing paper????

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
you will be requiring the original. Below mentioned link has all the info you require.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
hi they ask you to bring with you but to be honest they did not do anything with it. I mean no stamp on it or nothing . When i was standing in the line to be seated for oath ceremony they just took a glance at my PR card,asked if i have landing paper, and invitation letter thats it.

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
you can also find answer to this question on another forum which i just came across after i google this word " why take landing paper on oath ceremony" you will find first link to settlement.org forum. Since i can not post link to this website please go this route.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I was taking the citizenship test, a lady who had lost her landing paper was told that she had to apply for a certified copy. They do not do certified copies any more, just verification of status. I suggest you call the CIC call centre and ask. Maybe they want it on record that it was lost.

When I did the ceremony, they stamped on my landing papers that they were not valid any more since I was no longer a PR.

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
Hi Leon,
I became citizen on August 23rd, 2013 but i did not get anything stamped on my landing paper which i showed it to them as well. Should i go back and tell them or call CIC?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qameralam said:
Hi Leon,
I became citizen on August 23rd, 2013 but i did not get anything stamped on my landing paper which i showed it to them as well. Should i go back and tell them or call CIC?
You can call CIC and ask if you want to but I don't think you have to worry about it. You are a citizen now and nobody will every ask to see your old landing paper. You should however keep it just in case.

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
i called CIC about if my landing paper has to be stamped. Agent mentioned if its IMM 5292 then dont need to be stamped

TanTan

Feb 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They do ask for your landing paper! Try and find a solution, you do not want any trouble for your oath day!

Rahimi said:
Thanks guys so it means they don't ask for landing paper.

Rahimi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2008
Thanks guys but I am sure they don't make issue if I lost my landing paper because I have still the copy of it so I am not worry but my question was for those who know about it or who gone for citizenship oath . Do they ask for original landing paper ??????

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qameralam said:
i called CIC about if my landing paper has to be stamped. Agent mentioned if its IMM 5292 then dont need to be stamped
Ok, that makes sense. I had the old one, IMM 1000

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first of all the landing document is a really important paper whoever if you dont have it you can write a letter explaining why you dont have it but you need to do it before you summit your application in my case i didnt had the landing document neither my original passport the one i landed with and i went trough everything p[perfectly fine but anyways is a different case i guess good luck

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
qameralam said:
Hi Leon,
Relax even mine was not stamped at the Oath ceremony. I guess stamping was a old procedure. I haven't witnessed anyone's landing paper stamped on the Oath date. However keep your landing paper safe as you will require it when you will apply for pension (old age benefits).

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Not sure if you need your record of landing for the oath day, but you will definitely need it when you retire and apply for old age security.