+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Marriage certificate - India (residing in Canada)

sambro

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Hi,

I need information/help.

I got married in India however applying for divorce in Canada. Is it possible to get marriage certificate from Indian high commission in Canada? I do carry its photocopy, Can I get it certified or get any proof of marriage so I can proceed with Divorce?

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You can check with the Indian High Commission if they can issue a copy of the marriage certificate based on the entries made in your Indian passport.... ie if your spouse's name is included in your passport details..... your original passport + supporting documents (all notarized) will be required for this.

If the above is not possible then you will have to obtain a copy from the Registrar of Marriages in the city where your marriage was registered/recorded.

Attestation of a photocopy will not be done unless the original marriage certificate is available for scrutiny.

Sorry about your divorce. Good luck

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
@sambro @Rohan Kenneth @dimpledhillon - guys if you were able to figure out and successfully went thru with the process please share your insight, as it will definitely help others on this forum. Thanks in advance.