+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost mail with passport

hardworker

Apr 12, 2010
Hello! My friend has applied for a Live-In Caregiver Visa at Seattle Visa Office
which was received in their office on July 27, 2010.

The documents included were all that was required; passport, medicals, police clearance, necessary forms, payment, etc..
one thing we forgot to include though is a pre-paid airway bill for FEDEX and also we didn't place any self addressed envelope
along with the application. Basically we didn't include any envelope for a return mail..

It'll be 3 months at Oct 27, 2010; We are concerned that her passport might have been lost in the mail, delivered to the wrong address or something..

Any advise you can give us on what step to take?
Shall we call? email? mail? fax? Seattle CIC...

please, any information will be appreciated.. also any similar experiences regarding this?

Thank you!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Has she received any communication from Seattle since she sent her application? She can send a case specific enquiry to: seattle-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Temporary Resident (Visitor, Worker, Student) Case Specific Enquiries
We regret that we are unable to provide a substantive response in cases where we are within our regular processing time. For applications submitted by mail for temporary resident (visitor) visas, study permits and work permits, this is four (4) weeks. Please also note that it may take up to 28 days for us to provide a full answer in cases where the processing time has been exceeded. In order for us to identify you, you must provide at a minimum your name, date of birth and client identification or file number. If you do not have your client identification or file number, we will only be able to respond to an e-mail account or mailing address that was listed on your application form.

Enquiries conforming to the above requirements may be sent to us:

- by E-mail to seattle-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
- by Fax to (206) 441-7838
- by Post to 1501 Fourth Avenue, Suite 600, Seattle, WA, 98101

Information to provide in your enquiry

All case specific enquiries should include the following information (if they do not, you may not receive a reply):

- full name
- date of birth
- file number (letter B, V, S or W followed by nine digits) or client identification number, if known
- telephone number
- fax number
- postal address

hardworker said:
Hello! My friend has applied for a Live-In Caregiver Visa at Seattle Visa Office
which was received in their office on July 27, 2010.

The documents included were all that was required; passport, medicals, police clearance, necessary forms, payment, etc..
one thing we forgot to include though is a pre-paid airway bill for FEDEX and also we didn't place any self addressed envelope
along with the application. Basically we didn't include any envelope for a return mail..

It'll be 3 months at Oct 27, 2010; We are concerned that her passport might have been lost in the mail, delivered to the wrong address or something..

Any advise you can give us on what step to take?
Shall we call? email? mail? fax? Seattle CIC...

please, any information will be appreciated.. also any similar experiences regarding this?

Thank you!

hardworker

Apr 12, 2010
job_seeker said:
Has she received any communication from Seattle since she sent her application? She can send a case specific enquiry to: seattle-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

We regret that we are unable to provide a substantive response in cases where we are within our regular processing time. For applications submitted by mail for temporary resident (visitor) visas, study permits and work permits, this is four (4) weeks. Please also note that it may take up to 28 days for us to provide a full answer in cases where the processing time has been exceeded. In order for us to identify you, you must provide at a minimum your name, date of birth and client identification or file number. If you do not have your client identification or file number, we will only be able to respond to an e-mail account or mailing address that was listed on your application form.

- by E-mail to seattle-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

All case specific enquiries should include the following information (if they do not, you may not receive a reply):

- full name
- date of birth
- file number (letter B, V, S or W followed by nine digits) or client identification number, if known
- telephone number
- fax number
- postal address

Thank you! :)

serendiPT

Jun 17, 2009
job_seeker said:
Has she received any communication from Seattle since she sent her application? She can send a case specific enquiry to: seattle-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

- by E-mail to seattle-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

- full name
- date of birth
- telephone number
- fax number
- postal address
job_seeker: any idea about application processed in Abu Dhabi for TFW visa? Because it has been 2 months since I submitted my application through TNT (August 24, 2010 and received by CIC office on 25th of August) and I did not receive any communication from them. I emailed them but no reply.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
This is what I got from the FAQ of CIC in Abu Dhabi:

3.1 What are the processing times?

Effective February 1, 2010, live-in caregiver applications received in our office will be processed within 12 - 14 months from the date of receipt.

Our standard processing times for other temporary foreign worker applications (e.g. truck drivers, hospitality workers, restaurant staff, etc.) is six (6) months. Please understand that in certain cases, processing times may be either shorter or longer depending on the volume of applications received and the complexity of your application

We will contact you if additional information or an interview is required. We will not respond to status enquiries received within our processing times.

This is probably the reason they have not responded.

serendiPT said:
job_seeker: any idea about application processed in Abu Dhabi for TFW visa? Because it has been 2 months since I submitted my application through TNT (August 24, 2010 and received by CIC office on 25th of August) and I did not receive any communication from them. I emailed them but no reply.

serendiPT

Jun 17, 2009
job_seeker said:
This is what I got from the FAQ of CIC in Abu Dhabi:

3.1 What are the processing times?

Effective February 1, 2010, live-in caregiver applications received in our office will be processed within 12 - 14 months from the date of receipt.

Our standard processing times for other temporary foreign worker applications (e.g. truck drivers, hospitality workers, restaurant staff, etc.) is six (6) months. Please understand that in certain cases, processing times may be either shorter or longer depending on the volume of applications received and the complexity of your application

We will contact you if additional information or an interview is required. We will not respond to status enquiries received within our processing times.

This is probably the reason they have not responded.
Are they not going to send a letter informing me of my file number and that my application is received? I already applied for TFW visa a year ago (which got rejected though) and within 3 weeks of submission I received a mail from them giving my file # and the other documents that I need to send but this time, I haven't heard from them for 2 mos now. But I still keep my fingers crossed for a positive outcome and approved TFW visa God willing.