+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost indian passport before indian citizenship surrender

Navdeep Singh Ghotra

Star Member
Oct 6, 2015
Hi,

I recently got my Canadian citizenship, but i have lost my indian passport.
I want to surrender my indian citizenship for which surrender of indian passport is required.
Can i apply for new indian passport though i have accepted canadian citizenship already.

Can somebody help me with any pointers on how shall i handle this situation.

Thank in advance

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I want to surrender my indian citizenship for which surrender of indian passport is required.
Can i apply for new indian passport though i have accepted canadian citizenship already.

Thank in advance
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/page/oci-renewal-and-updation/

In case Indian passport is not available, please provide copy of Nativity Certificate / Domicile certificate issued by competent authority in India as your proof of Indian Origin.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi,

Thank in advance
You cannot apply for an Indian passport anymore you are Canadian citizen.
like @forw.jane mentioned follow this point in the link:

(ii) For lost of passports after June 1, 2010 - With the availability of copy of the lost passport, the applicant has to take pre-approval for submission of surrender application without the passport (as the passport is lost) at the BLS and on receiving the surrender application at the Consulate, the applicant will be issued Renunciation Certificate in place of Surrender Certificate by the Consulate for onward delivery by BLS to the applicant, That Renunciation Certificate will be enclosed for applying for OCI