+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Losing a Canadian Dream-SINP Family Stream Changes

kaneydiyan

May 9, 2012
My support goes to all of you who are launching this protest on the recent changes in the SINP Family Stream that requires the Principal Applicant to have a Job Offer to apply.

I have been planning to join my brother who is an PR in Saskatchewan since 2010, however back then I didn't have the CAD10,000 requirement for settlement funds... so I left my previous job in my country and went abroad to seek a better paying job to save for my application...

Only late April this year was I able to meet my financial goal for the application and I was shocked with the recent changes in the SINP Family Stream requirement. Now, the CAD10,000 settlement funds is no longer being considered but the need for a Job Offer from Saskatchewan...

It is heartbreaking to know about these changes, it felt like losing our Canadian Dream in an instant.... without even a short notice. I do hope that SINP would reconsider their decision and revert back to the previous eligibility requirements.

If a change is really needed in the SINP program, I hope it will be done through public and stakeholder consultation first, and all stakeholder will be given enough notice prior implementing the changes.

I will not be able to join, but we hope that those in Saskatchewan who will join this peaceful protest will be able to represent each in everyone of us who wish to contribute to Saskatchewan and Canada and have a better lives for ourselves and our families in the future...

Please help pass on this message.

biddukhan

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
Nomination.....
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
26-02-2013 ( Received status on online status) 17-11-2013 ( In process status) 17-11-2013 ( Background declaration form asked again) 26-11-2013 (submitted form again)
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-12-2013 ( Received status on online status)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-07-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
Sorry to hear this .. n best of luck with your endeavor

boozee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2011
kaneydiyan said:
My support goes to all of you who are launching this protest on the recent changes in the SINP Family Stream that requires the Principal Applicant to have a Job Offer to apply.

I have been planning to join my brother who is an PR in Saskatchewan since 2010, however back then I didn't have the CAD10,000 requirement for settlement funds... so I left my previous job in my country and went abroad to seek a better paying job to save for my application...

Only late April this year was I able to meet my financial goal for the application and I was shocked with the recent changes in the SINP Family Stream requirement. Now, the CAD10,000 settlement funds is no longer being considered but the need for a Job Offer from Saskatchewan...

It is heartbreaking to know about these changes, it felt like losing our Canadian Dream in an instant.... without even a short notice. I do hope that SINP would reconsider their decision and revert back to the previous eligibility requirements.

If a change is really needed in the SINP program, I hope it will be done through public and stakeholder consultation first, and all stakeholder will be given enough notice prior implementing the changes.

I will not be able to join, but we hope that those in Saskatchewan who will join this peaceful protest will be able to represent each in everyone of us who wish to contribute to Saskatchewan and Canada and have a better lives for ourselves and our families in the future...

i am very sorry to hear it but God will definitely do the best for u as well. dont b sad faith in God.inshallah u will also achieve ur goal ano day

kaneydiyan

May 9, 2012
boozee said:
i am very sorry to hear it but God will definitely do the best for u as well. dont b sad faith in God.inshallah u will also achieve ur goal ano day
thanks... and yes with faith in God, any thing is possible-- He always have the best plans for all of us!

sunnyray90

Star Member
Feb 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
Nomination.....
30-08-2011
AOR Received.
30-10-2011
File Transfer...
30-10-2011 CPP-O/ 13-01-2012 Los Angeles
Med's Request
30-10-2011
Med's Done....
30-11-2011 (Med Received 16th Dec - ECAS Updated))
Passport Req..
13-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
18-04-2012
Sorry to hear your story. But I will request you to think for a minute and try to evaluate the underline facts which forced this policy change...

We all have to appreciate the fact that SINP Family stream was very useful program and I believe hundreds of people got benefited with that. Then who is/are responsible for this change?

No one other than someone like you and me… can any one provide me one single logic behind the fact that why people have 20 applications? How family stream applicants (not all) got “non skilled” job offers where employers are ready to wait 12+ months for them to join?

It’s always few “Extra Wise” people who assumed that they will spoil the system for betterment of their personal interest and evade the system utilizing some policy loop whole.

I am in Saskatchewan for last three years and have seen significant change in quality of immigrants for last six months (with due respect to every one).

I have seen people who are unable to speak very Basic English which is a “must” requirement to survive here ...hence they implemented IELTS... is that unjustified ?

I was told by different people that their relatives have job offer under NOC “C” and “D” from Saskatchewan employers (local hotels, local restaurants etc) during the application process where length of wait is 12+ months). I also hire people with my current job and hardly believe someone can wait 12+ months for a “real” job opening … so hardly believe the faith system and authenticity of those job offers... Hence they need job offer under NOC “A” and “B” which are skilled worker… it will increase more transparency and hence I believe it’s not completely “Unfair”... but completely agree it’s not realistic.

Biggest concern of SINP was multiple applications from one household. I was listing on radio and they mentioned about some examples where one house hold have 20+ file application. To me its look fishy and hardly believe that someone should allowed to have these much of applications. Opportunity should be consistent and no one should take the advantage of occupying all vacancies with/ or without any “interest”.

So I will request you all to keep your protest, but try to intimate and educate your friends and families not to exploit the system. We can only assume that government will implement or amend any policy based on country’s socio economic needs, and hence no one can demand or call it unethical/unjustified…

Consider this as my deliberation about this problem and I tried to look at this with a very rational eye… I know most of you are not agreed with my view and that the root cause of this bigger issue…

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnyray90 said:
Sorry to hear your story. But I will request you to think for a minute and try to evaluate the underline facts which forced this policy change...

We all have to appreciate the fact that SINP Family stream was very useful program and I believe hundreds of people got benefited with that. Then who is/are responsible for this change?

No one other than someone like you and me... can any one provide me one single logic behind the fact that why people have 20 applications? How family stream applicants (not all) got “non skilled” job offers where employers are ready to wait 12+ months for them to join?

It's always few “Extra Wise” people who assumed that they will spoil the system for betterment of their personal interest and evade the system utilizing some policy loop whole.

I am in Saskatchewan for last three years and have seen significant change in quality of immigrants for last six months (with due respect to every one).

I have seen people who are unable to speak very Basic English which is a “must” requirement to survive here ...hence they implemented IELTS... is that unjustified ?

I was told by different people that their relatives have job offer under NOC “C” and “D” from Saskatchewan employers (local hotels, local restaurants etc) during the application process where length of wait is 12+ months). I also hire people with my current job and hardly believe someone can wait 12+ months for a “real” job opening ... so hardly believe the faith system and authenticity of those job offers... Hence they need job offer under NOC “A” and “B” which are skilled worker... it will increase more transparency and hence I believe it's not completely “Unfair”... but completely agree it's not realistic.

Biggest concern of SINP was multiple applications from one household. I was listing on radio and they mentioned about some examples where one house hold have 20+ file application. To me its look fishy and hardly believe that someone should allowed to have these much of applications. Opportunity should be consistent and no one should take the advantage of occupying all vacancies with/ or without any “interest”.

So I will request you all to keep your protest, but try to intimate and educate your friends and families not to exploit the system. We can only assume that government will implement or amend any policy based on country's socio economic needs, and hence no one can demand or call it unethical/unjustified...

Consider this as my deliberation about this problem and I tried to look at this with a very rational eye... I know most of you are not agreed with my view and that the root cause of this bigger issue...
May God bless your soul!

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
let see what will be happen next , :p

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
sunnyray90 said:

No one other than someone like you and me... can any one provide me one single logic behind the fact that why people have 20 applications? How family stream applicants (not all) got “non skilled” job offers where employers are ready to wait 12+ months for them to join?

It's always few “Extra Wise” people who assumed that they will spoil the system for betterment of their personal interest and evade the system utilizing some policy loop whole.

I was told by different people that their relatives have job offer under NOC “C” and “D” from Saskatchewan employers (local hotels, local restaurants etc) during the application process where length of wait is 12+ months). I also hire people with my current job and hardly believe someone can wait 12+ months for a “real” job opening ... so hardly believe the faith system and authenticity of those job offers... Hence they need job offer under NOC “A” and “B” which are skilled worker... it will increase more transparency and hence I believe it's not completely “Unfair”... but completely agree it's not realistic.

So I will request you all to keep your protest, but try to intimate and educate your friends and families not to exploit the system. We can only assume that government will implement or amend any policy based on country's socio economic needs, and hence no one can demand or call it unethical/unjustified...

Consider this as my deliberation about this problem and I tried to look at this with a very rational eye... I know most of you are not agreed with my view and that the root cause of this bigger issue...
Agree to you friend and +1 for you .

Why people don't understand that PR is not only thing which they should think for, Not many people want to go as Student and temp work visas .

I have seen that CIC is bit liberal with application for desi applicant in countries like Dubai, US, UK , Australia etc as compare to applicant who applying directly from India , Pak or Bangladesh .

As they know that people who got International experience will find easier to get settle as compare to people who haven't got any international exposure .

People look at PR application as a Canadian perm residency plus all benefits for $ 490 fee.

I don't want to offend anyone and sorry if I sounding rude , but one should understand that what you got so special that you will getting PR status served in a plate .

on top people became so wise that they applying for PNP from Qubec , Sck etc and then after getting visa they don't want to even Land there and looks ways to live in Toronto or Vancouver instead .

I wish that Ca immigration became easy for family members , ESP siblings and parents .
And Cic should comes with something like Open work permit type thing which give option to family member of Ca PR to come and work in Ca and able to apply for own PR once got required Ca experience.

smile_2good

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP
Nomination.....
APRIL, 13
AOR Received.
July, 13
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Don't know when
Med's Request
May, 14
Med's Done....
May, 14
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
(PPR-1 = 21-July-2014) + (PPR-2 = 29-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In sha ALLAH sooooooon
LANDED..........
In shaa ALLAH AUG, 14
sunnyray90 said:

20+ application under one supporting family member. :eek: thats rude and an example of exploiting immigration policy.. Although this was legal according to pre-existing requirement, but this is totally unethical and immoral that everyone knows that, in real, one supporting person can not support such a huge number to members. this is like they will receive their family members in containers... this has led to the processing delays for them as well as for others.

witchkid

Nov 10, 2011
kaneydiyan said:

hi kaneydian.. we're both on the same situation.. we're about to pass our requirements this coming july,, then suddenly they made big changes.. it is really a heartbreaking.. now,, we're really trying to find employer that will give us employment offer.. i wish that they'll back the old requirements.. :(

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
As much as I agree with the views expressed above, the actions of some have left many with no options.

I believe that the NOC A or B job offer is something that is impossible to get from abroad. I am an electrical engineer having graduated from Ottawa and now in SK and I am finding it very hard myself to get an engineering job. I have had interviews but none that led to a job. If I, a Canadian graduate, am having difficulty to get a job here, then how can SINP expect people from abroad to land a job? Furthermore, I have also had friends who have their degrees from abroad, and then Canadian employers don't accept that. Most common reason they give is No Canadian Experience. Under such circumstances, how can SINP expect people to come to Canada, give multiple interviews, and then get a job offer and then expect the employer to wait for the candidate to get nomination before he can start working. I simply don't get it.

Sure they could have made the rules more strict but putting something like the job offer condition is something absurd. It hurts people like me who are here for a legit job and want to stay here for a long time. My brother is back home and he is studying medicine. There is no way, once he finishes studying, he can get a job offer here. Why? Because Canada needs him to go through multiple exams before he can register as a practioner here, and that is only to get a license. Then he needs to find a job before I can even think about nominating him. If someone like us, with my engineering background and him with his medicine background, find it hard, how can others even begin to wonder about coming to SK?

I am not disagreeing with the views that others have expressed. Many people have exploited the system that SINP offered but constricting the program like this, isn't a feasible option either.

smile_2good

Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP
Nomination.....
APRIL, 13
AOR Received.
July, 13
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Don't know when
Med's Request
May, 14
Med's Done....
May, 14
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
(PPR-1 = 21-July-2014) + (PPR-2 = 29-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
In sha ALLAH sooooooon
LANDED..........
In shaa ALLAH AUG, 14
arif215 said:
As much as I agree with the views expressed above, the actions of some have left many with no options.

I believe that the NOC A or B job offer is something that is impossible to get from abroad. I am an electrical engineer having graduated from Ottawa and now in SK and I am finding it very hard myself to get an engineering job. I have had interviews but none that led to a job. If I, a Canadian graduate, am having difficulty to get a job here, then how can SINP expect people from abroad to land a job? Furthermore, I have also had friends who have their degrees from abroad, and then Canadian employers don't accept that. Most common reason they give is No Canadian Experience. Under such circumstances, how can SINP expect people to come to Canada, give multiple interviews, and then get a job offer and then expect the employer to wait for the candidate to get nomination before he can start working. I simply don't get it.

Sure they could have made the rules more strict but putting something like the job offer condition is something absurd. It hurts people like me who are here for a legit job and want to stay here for a long time. My brother is back home and he is studying medicine. There is no way, once he finishes studying, he can get a job offer here. Why? Because Canada needs him to go through multiple exams before he can register as a practioner here, and that is only to get a license. Then he needs to find a job before I can even think about nominating him. If someone like us, with my engineering background and him with his medicine background, find it hard, how can others even begin to wonder about coming to SK?

I am not disagreeing with the views that others have expressed. Many people have exploited the system that SINP offered but constricting the program like this, isn't a feasible option either.
Arif, you are absolutely right, I am Pharmacist skill level A. i have applied according to pre-existing criteria and waiting, because there is tremendous number of application there. According to me they should strict the education requirements with strict language requirement. Family referral class is now harder then skilled worker category. if someone gets a job offer, he will not bother finding relative in sk. he will apply as skilled worker.. the change that supporting family member can support one family at a time per household is reasonable even necessary...

But lets see what they with the pending tons of applications..

arif215

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Regina
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2012
Doc's Request.
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-07-2013
Yes, stricter IELTS requirements, stricter education and work experience qualifications and 1 application per household is something I agree 100% with. This is a community I am going to be living in, I want more educated people to be my neighbors. With the current condition, Family category is as good as closed.

kaneydiyan

May 9, 2012
Thanks for everyone’s response, I appreciate all of your inputs whether we are agreeing or disagreeing on the recent changes in the SINP. Also, it is helpful to know the first-hand experiences of those who are already in Saskatchewan—seeing the reality of the challenge of finding a job and making a living.

For me, I don’t have any issues on the other changes (e.g. IELTS or One applicant i.e. Principal Applicant to apply), the change that I was most concerned about is the need to have a Permanent Job Offer in Saskatchewan to apply for SINP Family Stream.

“Whatever happened to “Family Reunification”?” I thought to myself, now the SINP Family Stream, as most us have noticed, suddenly became like SINP Skilled Migration program as well, if not more stringent.

The reality is that nowadays, it is hard to find a job… everywhere, whether you are a Professional or a Skilled Worker. There will be jobs, but the real problem lies in the mismatch of the available skills or professions vs. the jobs being offered. I myself have both skills, I have work experiences in NOC Skill Category “C” and “D”, and currently, I’m a Professional Electronics Engineer which falls in the NOC Skill “A” category. However, these does not guarantee I will get a Saskatchewan Job Offer from where I am now which will enable me to apply in SINP’s Skilled Worker nor the Family Referral Stream… but I am sure to have a good chance of succeeding, if I will be given a chance to be in Saskatchewan.

Also, the virtue of the Family Stream is Family Reunification, and the previous eligibility of having a Permanent Job Offer OR CAD10,000 as Proof of Funds should suffice, and that the Applicant will be self-sufficient when he comes to Canada. We may argue that one may have the CAD10K proof funds, but will wind up using up all those funds, not getting a job, and end up needing welfare from Canada. But I strongly believe that most us don’t dream of migrating just to end up needing welfare.

The program must be improved so that those with genuine intentions to be with their family and succeed in Saskatchewan will be given the eligibility, whereas those who uses and abuses the program will be identified and restricted.

Dont_Give_up

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
Doc's Request.
22-05-2013
Nomination.....
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
22-05-2013
Med's Request
03/03/2015
Med's Done....
15/03/2015
Aquib said:
Agree to you friend and +1 for you .

Why people don't understand that PR is not only thing which they should think for, Not many people want to go as Student and temp work visas .

I have seen that CIC is bit liberal with application for desi applicant in countries like Dubai, US, UK , Australia etc as compare to applicant who applying directly from India , Pak or Bangladesh .

As they know that people who got International experience will find easier to get settle as compare to people who haven't got any international exposure .

People look at PR application as a Canadian perm residency plus all benefits for $ 490 fee.

I don't want to offend anyone and sorry if I sounding rude , but one should understand that what you got so special that you will getting PR status served in a plate .

on top people became so wise that they applying for PNP from Qubec , Sck etc and then after getting visa they don't want to even Land there and looks ways to live in Toronto or Vancouver instead .

I wish that Ca immigration became easy for family members , ESP siblings and parents .
And Cic should comes with something like Open work permit type thing which give option to family member of Ca PR to come and work in Ca and able to apply for own PR once got required Ca experience.
you have in this post of yours and I quote
"I have seen that CIC is bit liberal with application for desi applicant in countries like Dubai, US, UK , Australia etc as compare to applicant who applying directly from India , Pak or Bangladesh ."

Can you elaborate this observation of yours, i.e. how many instances? I am inquisitive to as I have applied from Saudi.

thanks