+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
AW2011 said:
Thanks and hope you get the card soon.
You think they would actually go and pickup registered mail from a postal outlet? We sent it: 550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071. You would think someone should be there during office hours to sign for deliveries!
the address is right. (i still remember it as its little more than a month ago i sent my passport to that address)
but i find it weird that there was nobody to pick up the deliveries. i also sent express mail (with signature).
there should be someone right ?
but if was there nobody then someone should to pickup..
hope they do that.

what was the time they left the notice there..?

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
UsCa said:
the address is right. (i still remember it as its little more than a month ago i sent my passport to that address)
but i find it weird that there was nobody to pick up the deliveries. i also sent express mail (with signature).
there should be someone right ?
but if was there nobody then someone should to pickup..
hope they do that.

what was the time they left the notice there..?
It was yesterday Tuesday 11:48am after Memorial Day Monday. I phoned USPS and requested a 2nd delivery and sent LA an email informing them the notice. Hopefully it will work. Thank you so much.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AW2011 said:
It was yesterday Tuesday 11:48am after Memorial Day Monday. I phoned USPS and requested a 2nd delivery and sent LA an email informing them the notice. Hopefully it will work. Thank you so much.
Hope they deliver it tomorrow and someone in the visa office gets it..

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
simb said:
Hope they deliver it tomorrow and someone in the visa office gets it..
All is well now. They made the delivery this morning and was signed for. Now we just have to hope for its speedy return.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AW2011 said:
All is well now. They made the delivery this morning and was signed for. Now we just have to hope for its speedy return.
oh good then...

same here.. waiting for a speedy return

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
AW2011 said:
Glad to hear!! Sometimes the Postie gets there on CIC's lunch and they have to leave a notice. Praying that you and Simb get your PP back soon!!

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
parker24 said:
Glad to hear!! Sometimes the Postie gets there on CIC's lunch and they have to leave a notice. Praying that you and Simb get your PP back soon!!
Thanks Parker24

:-*

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
parker24 said:
Thank you parker24! Will be watching Simb's closely as mine was sent after. Hope being returned in US with Express Mail helps.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AW2011 said:
Hope being returned in US with Express Mail helps.
I hope the same ... I read on this thread (someone posted) LA emailed that current processing time is 4-8 weeks...
fingers cross.
(Its just a little more than 2 weeks till now)

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
AW2011 said:
Thank you parker24! Will be watching Simb's closely as mine was sent after. Hope being returned in US with Express Mail helps.
simb said:
I hope the same ... I read on this thread (someone posted) LA emailed that current processing time is 4-8 weeks...
fingers cross.
(Its just a little more than 2 weeks till now)
Hope you both get your PP very soon.

BTW
mine took exact 4 weeks and even I sent overnight express mail. got DM a day before they sent my PP back.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
UsCa said:
Hope you both get your PP very soon.

BTW
mine took exact 4 weeks and even I sent overnight express mail. got DM a day before they sent my PP back.
Thanks UsCa! It's good to know. We have a paid trip beginning of August and will need passport back latest by mid July. We enclosed our itinerary in the mail too. Hoping to land before our trip.

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
AW2011 said:
Thanks UsCa! It's good to know. We have a paid trip beginning of August and will need passport back latest by mid July. We enclosed our itinerary in the mail too. Hoping to land before our trip.
Oh you have sent the itinerary as well.. thats good..
even august is too far.. you will get your PP way before that.. :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
AW2011 said:
When I did this, I sent the entire package on 27 September 2012. I included a cover letter explaining that I had pre-existing work travel that could not be re-scheduled. I included a copy of my travel itinerary and a prepaid envelope requesting they return it to my company's US office. They sent it back on October 10, 2012 (the travel was scheduled for a week later) and I received it back (via our US office) on October 13 (bless FedEx and Saturday delivery).

So they DO pay attention to what you send along and will expedite it.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
computergeek said:
When I did this, I sent the entire package on 27 September 2012. I included a cover letter explaining that I had pre-existing work travel that could not be re-scheduled. I included a copy of my travel itinerary and a prepaid envelope requesting they return it to my company's US office. They sent it back on October 10, 2012 (the travel was scheduled for a week later) and I received it back (via our US office) on October 13 (bless FedEx and Saturday delivery).

So they DO pay attention to what you send along and will expedite it.
Thank you comptergeek for letting us know. :-* Hoping the same will happen to us.

bonacker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Eastern Long Island, New York
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June, 2012
File Transfer...
August, 2012
Med's Done....
March, 2012
HOLY. FREAKING. MOLY. Seriously.

Did this ever happen to anyone else?

We've been waiting since last September to hear something (anything!) about our son's PR application. We were told it had been sent to L.A.

Well, today, i got a SURPRISE!! email from the Ottawa-Pilot -- apparently the file was forwarded there?! -- saying that we had not replied to a Request for Additional Documents that they had mailed us in early February. WHAT?!?!? NO. THEY. DID. NOT. We never got anything. I've been watching the mailbox and email like a hawk.k

Now they say we have until June 30th to submit his passport . .. along with a new medical. (I guess? I gather? That's what they want? The wording of today's email says that they requested from us "A Request For Medical.")

Naturally, there is only ONE DOCTOR in Nova Scotia who does immigration exams these days. And, of course, he cannot give me an appointment, he says, without the "IME" and FORM we were supposed to have gotten with the Request for Additional Documents . . .which we never got. (And I had to ask the receptionist, basically, to jump the enormous line of people waiting, so we can make the June 30th deadline. Blech.)

I hope Ottawa will write me back. I requested that they resent the Request for Additional Documents.

On the upside: I guess if they were asking for a new medical plus PASSPORT back in February, it means they plan to approve the application. Right?

(Unless they get mad at me because I just told them, "Yikes! No! H-h-h-elp! We never got your letter!"??)