+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
Wondering how many days it takes from "decision made" to receipt of passport through your experiences? Had "decision made" on June 13th but USPS return mail tracking number has not been activated yet. Hoping it's not the strike holding it up. :'(

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I got my SIN today.

and I got my license exchanged ... I got G
now will go for applying healthcard .. knowing it will be effective after 3 months...

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
simb said:
I got my SIN today.

now will go for applying healthcard .. knowing it will be effective after 3 months...
That's good. Soon you'll be all done. Now only if one could do all those from one single location instead of running all over.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AW2011 said:
That's good. Soon you'll be all done. Now only if one could do all those from one single location instead of running all over.
well. they closed down lots of locations.. (due to recession i guess) so we had to go to lots of places to see which one is open..

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
simb said:
I got my SIN today.

you got G

awesome..
I still have to go for one test to get G and that also after one year...

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
BTW

I got my SIN card today.

Thanks Parker24.. for the advice you gave me to call them..
I called Service Canada a week before and they said they got my application and most probably will mail it that week only.. and this week I got my card.

now i can go and apply for rest of the things left

rbkrzmarcik

Jan 30, 2012
Good morning,

Question: Once you get your CORP, at what point can you apply for your SIN? Can do you it before you go to the border to officially land? When we went to get my husband (US citizen) driver's license, they told us once we have the letter of conditional approval, we could go to the SIN office and apply. Is that correct?

Also, I'm still a little confused as to what happens once we do get the letter of approval CORP... Do they request his passport at that time and we mail it to LA then they send it back to us then we can cross the border and officially land right?

Thanks!

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
rbkrzmarcik said:
Good morning,

Question: Once you get your CORP, at what point can you apply for your SIN? Can do you it before you go to the border to officially land? When we went to get my husband (US citizen) driver's license, they told us once we have the letter of conditional approval, we could go to the SIN office and apply. Is that correct?

Also, I'm still a little confused as to what happens once we do get the letter of approval CORP... Do they request his passport at that time and we mail it to LA then they send it back to us then we can cross the border and officially land right?

Thanks!
you need to officially land ,get a stamp on your passport, have sign on your copr when immigration officer asks you to .. and then you can go to apply for SIN

about the conditional approval. I have no idea. may be others can tell you about that.

You get Passport Request first,, most of the US citizens just need to send the copies of their passport. (as they request) mail it to LA (or Ottawa.. whichever is your visa office). then they send your copr back to you (after few days or weeks). once you get COPR you can go to the border and land officially.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
rbkrzmarcik said:
Good morning,

Thanks!
RE: Conditional approval

MOST locations refuse to take that as an application. Some will, but a lot of them will not as at the border, the agent enters the fact you are now a PR into the system.

DTH

Mar 8, 2013
Hi All,

My wife's lease is up at the end of June and she is going to move to Canada on a typical 6 month visitor visa. Sponsorship approval and application sent to LA in February 2013.

Have a few questions:

1) Do I have to update her home address to the LA Visa Office and tell them her new address will be Canada? Reason I ask is that the documents Ive seen seem to indicate the sponsor has to, but not clear about the applicant?

2) Do I risk prolonging the application by updating her address to a Canadian address?

3) How did people receive COPR notifications? Does the sponsor or applicant receive it, and is that done by email? We had asked that my wife's primary form of notification be done by email.

Thanks

DTH

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
AW2011 said:
Wondering how many days it takes from "decision made" to receipt of passport through your experiences? Had "decision made" on June 13th but USPS return mail tracking number has not been activated yet. Hoping it's not the strike holding it up. :'(

I guess theres a hold up cos of the strike. I heard from my MP that LA office is also on strike. My Ecas changed to Decision Made on July 4 but i am still waiting for my passport (Its coming via regular mail to Toronto)

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
mevisbleek said:
I guess theres a hold up cos of the strike. I heard from my MP that LA office is also on strike. My Ecas changed to Decision Made on July 4 but i am still waiting for my passport (Its coming via regular mail to Toronto)
I hope you get yours back very soon. Simb had her PPR 10 days after you and already landed. But then there's no logic with CIC's work. Did your MP do an inqury for you? I sent a Case Specific yesterday and will contact my MP next week.
Just noticed that we are both 2011 oldies. Our application was filed in June 2011.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
AW2011 said:
I hope you get yours back very soon. Simb had her PPR 10 days after you and already landed. But then there's no logic with CIC's work. Did your MP do an inqury for you? I sent a Case Specific yesterday and will contact my MP next week.
Just noticed that we are both 2011 oldies. Our application was filed in June 2011.

Yeah my app was sent oct 2011. My MP sent an inquiry today i just hope they get back to her asap. I sent case specify inquire too but they didnt reply. Well, we just have to be patient. Yea simb ppr was sent to the states with priority mail. i didnt include return mail in mine cos its not required for pips living in can. I should have sent my stuff to the usa, well its all good.

AW2011

Oct 26, 2011
mevisbleek said:
Yeah my app was sent oct 2011. My MP sent an inquiry today i just hope they get back to her asap. I sent case specify inquire too but they didnt reply. Well, we just have to be patient. Yea simb ppr was sent to the states with priority mail. i didnt include return mail in mine cos its not required for pips living in can. I should have sent my stuff to the usa, well its all good.
Could you please let me know what your MP finds out. We are using USPS for US address. Tracking is not activated yet.