+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles VFS-Passport Request received but no decision. What does that mean?

anu7777

Jun 21, 2016
I applied at Log Angeles VFS and received an update on MyCIC account saying-
"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."

What does that mean? Is my Study permit/visa approved? Has anyone come across a scenario where passport was requested and then returned saying visa is denied? Does anyone know how long it takes to get the passport back from the VFS?

Also, I got my passport renewed in the US last year. Should I send both my old and current passports or just the current one? My old passport has my US VISA stamping. The new passport has the canceled passport number and expiration dates though.
Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Hello!

Most likely your visa was approved and they requested your passport to stamp it. You should get it back in couple of weeks.
Could you share your timeline? When did you apply?

Thanks!

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
That was extremely fast! I applied on June 1st, and there are several people who applied by that time and are still waiting for a reply.

dzoni100

May 30, 2016
Has anyone else who applied in June to LA office received their passport request? Already 10th week waiting for me.

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
dzoni100 said:
Has anyone else who applied in June to LA office received their passport request? Already 10th week waiting for me.
Hello dzoni100,

Please let us know whenever you get any update from CIC. This is my 12 week processing time and no update yet.

raju335

Aug 24, 2016
HI,

I applied on Aug 04 and it was accepted on Aug 05. Got the passport request message today. How many days it will take to dispatch the passport after sending to them. Please can any one let me know.

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
it seems there is no trend with LA visa office. August applicants are receiving updates (which is good!), but early June/July applicants are not receiving any kind of notification from the visa office. I would say you should get your passport back in 2 weeks approximately.

anu7777

Jun 21, 2016
When does your course start? I think it depends on that too. Mine starts on Sept 6th. So, I have very little time left.

a_player2000

Aug 25, 2016
Temporary residence VISA only take a few days in many cases. That's very very different from study permit. I got TRV in about 5 days when i applied. and not i applied for study permit since June 7 and no updates as yet. So don't panic.

I am wishing all students best of luck by month end. fingers crossed!!!!!